Community Focus

Old 07-27-2009, 11:24 AM #64
FatalKitty
I has the awesome

FatalKitty is a Paintball photographer
FatalKitty supports Cereal Killerz 2
FatalKitty donated to help Peyton Trent
FatalKitty helped look for balloons
guys complaining about the low turnout remember this: the event is the result of two events being merged and rescheduled - any time an event is rescheduled it affect turnout. Couple that with the lack of support from other parts of the country and what do you get? a flop.
It's a catch 22. teams want to show but they don't want to waste time and entry on a less than spectacular event... so a few teams wait til the last minute to sign up right? then other teams do the same - pretty soon you have a situation like a mexican standoff where no one is signing up because no one is signing up... then vendors don't want to make the trip due to lack of teams, costs go up, spectators don't show because so and so isn't going... it crumbles.
if you guys want to play an event, then play it - don't sit around and ***** about the little stuff that doesn't even matter when you're on the field. I didn't see a single sole sitting at Snake 50 going "damn I wish there were more vendors" East coast complains that there are not enough events over there to play... Not everyone on the west coast lives in Huntington Beach, I live in CA and the last two events I had to drive well over 8 hours to attend... many west coast players drove or flew in from much father away... It's just as fair for you to make the trip down to DC.

The league needs player support - if you don't support the league then why are you complaining about it's locations/turnout? go play D4 local events in FL
Old 07-27-2009, 11:54 AM #65
Impact Ir3 03
NJ Balla

has been a member for 10 years
Impact Ir3 03 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Impact Ir3 03 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Impact Ir3 03 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Haven't posted anything from the front page. But reading all the complaints and what everyone has to say makes me realize that. This sport is not getting the support. I understand this is the first year of the USPL. Nothing starts out perfect. Thats totally understandable. I was playing yesterday and I think all these divisions are out of control in all the leagues. The fact that you have D5, D4, D3, D2 there is no need. People honestly make it D3 and better. Even then there are still teams that Sandbag and play D5 when they can play D1. I love NPPL format 7 man. I would play that over and over again. But I just love to play paintball. I think these Series should now consider the economy and make less divisions so they can bring more teams. Have some kind of reduced pricing for the events. Do something. All this talk with the USPL is now boring. Yes people that were there saw this event and said it sucked. But what can you expect its not like they went to stadiums like the NPPL did. If we had more supporters then maybe the turn out would be better, the locations would be better and the overall tournament would be better.

And saying the east coast complains. Cuz what do we have. If a tournament is in distance to drive for sure im driving and playing but when a majority of events are on the west coast and have been for the last couple of years what do you want me to say. Or for that fact any person on the east coast say. California is a big state. But we have so many attractions over here as well.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:54 AM #66
1stGenRex
Easily Amused

1stGenRex is a Paintball photographer
1stGenRex supports Cereal Killerz 2
1stGenRex donated to help Peyton Trent
1stGenRex helped look for balloons
1stGenRex is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
I completely agree. (to Kitty)

Impact, what positive thing could come out of it being D3 or better? now you have less teams signing up, because they don't feel they are "good enough" to compete in D3...completely stupid IMO

Last edited by 1stGenRex : 07-27-2009 at 11:57 AM.
1stGenRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:10 PM #67
Terry59
Hustler, Hitter, Assassin

Annual Supporting Member
Terry59 is a Supporting Member
Terry59 is a founding member
Terry59 works for a Paintball manufacturer
Terry59 plays in the USPL
Terry59 plays in the PSP
All *****ing aside, I go to paintball events for the competition and commaradie.
The USPL has the competition along with alot of competitors from every league mentioned here in this thread.
Someone should of asked B-Short if despite all his disappointment experienced last weekend, would he still of participated if he knew ahead of time what it was going to be like?
I'm certainly no PRO, but I've been going to National events for a pretty longtime, and this event was overall better than I expected.
These events lose money, the reason Pure Promotions decided to abandon it in the first place.
USPL is not doing this for the money, their doing it fill the void left by others and because they prefer the format.
How long can they hold out, depends on our participation and support!
2009 Vegas NPPL 1st Place D2 7-man Winner
http://www.boblongdirect.com/http://www.capitaledgepaintball.com/
http://www.tadaotechnologies.com/
http://www.ninjapaintball.com/index.asp
http://www.hkarmy.com/LIVE FREE! DIE FREE! RIP TYSON ALLEN EVENSON

Last edited by Terry59 : 07-27-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Terry59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:13 PM #68
SD-G-force
what's paintball again?

SD-G-force has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stGenRex View Post

this reasoning is flawed. Look at the performance difference in the mech cocker and the IR3. The innovation was HUGE and to compare it is just plain dumb.
\
i think his main point was that buying a decent tournament setup is not that expensive. If people bought mech cockers for 500 back in the day, they should be much more happy now to buy markers as advanced as the Etek or Pmr for around the same price which can easily compete with the higher end guns
Old 07-27-2009, 12:23 PM #69
AzNcHoPsTyKs
Forever a Turmoil Kid

AzNcHoPsTyKs plays in the PSP
AzNcHoPsTyKs is an NCPA player
AzNcHoPsTyKs is an NCPA National Champion
AzNcHoPsTyKs plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impact Ir3 03 View Post
Haven't posted anything from the front page. But reading all the complaints and what everyone has to say makes me realize that. This sport is not getting the support. I understand this is the first year of the USPL. Nothing starts out perfect. Thats totally understandable. I was playing yesterday and I think all these divisions are out of control in all the leagues. The fact that you have D5, D4, D3, D2 there is no need. People honestly make it D3 and better. Even then there are still teams that Sandbag and play D5 when they can play D1. I love NPPL format 7 man. I would play that over and over again. But I just love to play paintball. I think these Series should now consider the economy and make less divisions so they can bring more teams. Have some kind of reduced pricing for the events. Do something. All this talk with the USPL is now boring. Yes people that were there saw this event and said it sucked. But what can you expect its not like they went to stadiums like the NPPL did. If we had more supporters then maybe the turn out would be better, the locations would be better and the overall tournament would be better.

And saying the east coast complains. Cuz what do we have. If a tournament is in distance to drive for sure im driving and playing but when a majority of events are on the west coast and have been for the last couple of years what do you want me to say. Or for that fact any person on the east coast say. California is a big state. But we have so many attractions over here as well.
so your saying that we should only have a d1 and pro division? That way teams such as SCP Edge, Arsenal Predators, Impact Kids, Blackcell and other powerhouse lower divisional teams will have to compete with teams such as HK and Dynasty Entourage? I have played both USPL events, and yes, i am not satisfied with either of the events. I have played NPPL event and a full season and a half of XPSLs. National and Regional leagues are designed to satisfy the lower divisional players, the youth of the sport. Without a lower division such as d4 or d3, teams will never get started. How do you think teams like Aftermath, Vicious, or any of those teams got started? It has to start from the lower ranks. Your plan of just scratching D3 is not only completely retarded but unethical.

And why are east coast kids complaining that there is a lack of events on your side of the US? 3 out of the 4 events in the PSP circuit will be located on or around the east coast (MAO, Chicago, Cup). USPL will be having their DC event. Not to mention the numerous events such as AXBL, NEPL, CFOA, and other series you guys have over here. The USPL tried to have events to satisfy the east and the west coasts including events in DC, Boston and a possible one in Florida. They had the schedule and barely any teams signed up, so they were forced to cancel since a national event with 12 teams sounds quite stupid. Dont complain that there are no events on the east coast. You guys have more series than we have on the west coast. We have the WCPPL, and thats almost about it.

Rest in peace Baby J
AzNcHoPsTyKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:24 PM #70
Killer145

Killer145 plays in the PSP
Killer145 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Killer145 plays in the APPA D3 division
Killer145 supports DLX Technology
I loved the huge nppl events in the past. But I understand the econo is bad. The only thing I didn't like was the damn heat. Thats it. I was perfectly happy with everything else. Also I'm very young so yeah.
Killer145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:38 PM #71
1stGenRex
Easily Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry59 View Post
All *****ing aside, I go to paintball events for the competition and commaradie.
The USPL has the competition along with alot of competitors from every league mentioned here in this thread.
Someone should of asked B-Short if despite all his disappointment experienced last weekend, would he still of participated if he knew ahead of time what it was going to be like?
I'm certainly no PRO, but I've been going to National events for a pretty longtime, and this event was overall better than I expected.
These events lose money, the reason Pure Promotions decided to abandon it in the first place.
USPL is not doing this for the money, their doing it fill the void left by others and because they prefer the format.
How long can they hold out, depends on our participation and support!
well stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-G-force View Post
i think his main point was that buying a decent tournament setup is not that expensive. If people bought mech cockers for 500 back in the day, they should be much more happy now to buy markers as advanced as the Etek or Pmr for around the same price which can easily compete with the higher end guns
that has nothing to do with participation really. If you're a tournament player, you already have the gear. The cost of my marker does not determine whether I participate in USPL, WCPPL or RPL.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:41 PM #72
Johnny5072
Center50 Films

Johnny5072 is a Supporting Member
Johnny5072 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Johnny5072 donated to help Peyton Trent
I think everyone who was complaining needs a fair dose of perspective. It has been said and will be said again, the economy is bad. We are not going to see the NPPL or the glory days of 7man for a while. Having events in stadium parking lots with six fields going is not going to be happening for 7man anytime soon. To have your expectations be that high during this difficult time, is just asking for a letdown. I think the USPL did the best for what they had to work with. The people that are behind the scenes in the USPL are good people. They are working even harder to try and keep 7man going and it makes me sad and a little angry to see their collective names be torn down by those who lack the understanding or maturity. The WCO was a difficult event to pull off. The tournament grounds have been in poor shape until recently when Mike and the WCPPL did some overhaul work. I have seen teams show up en mass to places in worse condition. The league can try as they can to bring in more vendors, but if the vendor is spread to thin already, they will not show up. As far as divisions and players, we need to find a balance there too. Maybe the national events/leagues only hold the higher divisions and let them have affiliates that the lower divisions can play to advance in to the national. Having to wait three hours for the Pro finals is tough to take in 95 degree heat. However I was able to sit for a while and I wasn't playing. I don't know what the answer is or where the right balance will be between, entry fees, venue, reffing, and prizes. As a media person and fan/supporter of paintball I am willing to give them time to work it out.
Johnny5072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:47 PM #73
Impact Ir3 03
NJ Balla

Impact Ir3 03 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Impact Ir3 03 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Impact Ir3 03 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I Said you should take out D4-D5 even D3 leave it as D2 and better. All these divisions are bull**** anyways. You want to get better play better teams. Why and in fact practice better teams. If you cant play at that level then dont play its not like your hurting these tournaments being that how many teams showed up to play in the USPL. You have a pump division who gives a **** about pump. Go play in the woods. There just costing themselves more money. Make it simple if its too start off with. Meaning, as everyone is saying its the beginning ok if it is. Have Pro, Semi, D1, D2 get started there and then move on too other divisions if needed. But if you can't fill 20 spots then what point would a D3 serve. I rather go to a tournament and play better teams and if I lose I do but atleast I know I'm getting better. So when I go home and play local I've made myself better.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:35 PM #74
sawyerpaintballer
SAWYERPAINTBALLER

We were at the event for all three games days and even Thursday for registration. And we loved it. Yes, SC is a crazy run down dirt field but who cares? We play there all the time. Why - because we love playing paintball. Paintball is paintball and we just love to play and watch it at such a high level whenever we get a chance. Get a life and stop complaning about the crowds and vendors and whatever else is wrong in your world - save the complaints for the important stuff in life - get your butt behind the sport and support it and stop all the wimpering - paintball is played for the love of paintball and nothing else.

Sawyer Smith, Team Max'd Kidz
sawyerpaintballer@yahoo.com
Paintball blog http://sawyerpaintballer.blogspot.com
Thanks to sponsors Nicky Cuba and NuSkool Paintball www.nicky-cuba.com, Hollywood Sports Paintball Park www.hollywoodsports.com, Exalt www.exaltpaintball.com, Golden State Paintball www.goldenstatesports.com
Follow on www.twitter.com/sawyerpaintball, www.youtube.com/dansmithfirstteam
facebook at sawyerdansmith
sawyerpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:45 PM #75
PeiChan

Quote:
You have a pump division who gives a **** about pump. Go play in the woods.
I think the 14 5-Man pump teams who registered for the event give a **** about pump. I think some of the pro players who played in the pump division give a **** about pump... but whatever, it's your opinion and you're entitled to it.
PeiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:58 PM #76
EASTKOASTKILLER
1017 ZachBergSquad.

EASTKOASTKILLER plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
I Said you should take out D4-D5 even D3 leave it as D2 and better. All these divisions are bull**** anyways. You want to get better play better teams. Why and in fact practice better teams. If you cant play at that level then dont play its not like your hurting these tournaments being that how many teams showed up to play in the USPL. You have a pump division who gives a **** about pump. Go play in the woods. There just costing themselves more money. Make it simple if its too start off with. Meaning, as everyone is saying its the beginning ok if it is. Have Pro, Semi, D1, D2 get started there and then move on too other divisions if needed. But if you can't fill 20 spots then what point would a D3 serve. I rather go to a tournament and play better teams and if I lose I do but atleast I know I'm getting better. So when I go home and play local I've made myself better.
Cutting out these divisions would leave NO room for the sport to grow.
D4 and D5 teams competeing in D1 is ****ing rediculous.
The APPA overall does a good job of handling sandbagging, I just dont see the point your trying to make?
EASTKOASTKILLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:36 PM #77
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
I agree. There are VERY FEW people that make a living from playing paintball, and to think that they do is straight up moronic.

I think the problem with the sport is like you said, tournament kids want want everything for cheap/free. Why do you think most companies today are exploring the scenario market as well

this reasoning is flawed. Look at the performance difference in the mech cocker and the IR3. The innovation was HUGE and to compare it is just plain dumb.

The difference isn't even as big as buying an Ion and buying that 09 PMR you brought up.
You didn't understand the point I was trying to make.

I wasn't comparing the Ir3 to the mech cocker, I was comparing their prices to the prices of current guns and what you get in terms of bang for your buck. Take an '09 PMR ($450), hop in the imaginary time machine and hit up 2003. Your gun will out perform an Ir3 ($1500) and cost less than a mech cocker ($500). For that reason, I believe that now more than in the past, you're getting more bang for your buck.

If the USPL wanted to give away guns as prizes, I'd think it would need to be something cool for people to care. I.e. limited edition USPL markers that can only be won, not bought. If the prize was 7 Ego's, people would probably just give it a "cool, I'll go ahead and put mine on ebay". But if the guns doubled as prizes AND trophies (some nifty artwork, i.e. lasering/anno'ing or milling) people would want them more, and if they DID sell them, they could get a lot more for them.
WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:38 PM #78
SD-G-force
what's paintball again?

SD-G-force has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:

that has nothing to do with participation really. If you're a tournament player, you already have the gear. The cost of my marker does not determine whether I participate in USPL, WCPPL or RPL.
i didn't say it did;

Impact Ir3 said
Quote:
Why in the hell are these guns so damn expensive now. I know its a totally different subject but a company selling there gun for 1500.00 for a shocker basically is crazy. Back in those days Angels were the guns to have and the most expensive. probably a good 1100 around there.
and then willy w0nka talked about how cheap good setups are now days and then you responded by telling him how you can't compare a mech cocker with the ir3.

they weren't even talking about the USPL anymore
Old 07-27-2009, 02:46 PM #79
OMaLLeY

OMaLLeY owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by saeidiphoto View Post
SO THIS IS WHAT BRANDON SHORT THOUGHT OF USPL IN HIS QUOTES ON HIS SITE.

"Today started ridiculously early at 4:50 am. I slept in San Diego, which is an hour and a half away. I thought we had later games today, but I soon found out they started at 7:30 am sharp, so I was up a the crack of dawn driving. I donít understand why games have to start so early when there are only 40 teams playing the event. There was a lot of down time during the day where nobody was playing. Games started at 7:30 and were over at 10. We were super rushed and barely had any time to discuss what happen in our game and what we wanted to do in the nextÖ"
^^ Sucks when you MOVE down a division.....
Old 07-27-2009, 02:47 PM #80
1stGenRex
Easily Amused

Quote:
did you even play the USPL, or are you talking out of your ***? who in their right mind would pay that much money, only to get **** on all day by players that have been playing D2 and higher for a few years?

As for the pump division, your commentary on this is completely stupid.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:47 PM #81
ThatGuy47
Matrix Man

ThatGuy47 plays in the USPL
ThatGuy47 plays in the PSP
ThatGuy47 plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMaLLeY View Post
^^ Sucks when you MOVE down a division.....
ROFL, just another reason i love you omalley
ThatGuy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:47 PM #82
JJRoth

JJRoth is a Professional paintball player
JJRoth plays in the APPA Pro division
We're playing every event for 2009 and having fun doing so.
If there's a USPL/NPPL for 2010, you bet we'll be there..
Props to all the owners/players and you've got our support 100%.
Can't wait for DC and Vegas.
JJRoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:47 PM #83
andrew hw99
V.F.F.V

andrew hw99 plays in the PSP
andrew hw99 donated to help Peyton Trent
andrew hw99 plays in the APPA D2 division
In my opinion the only positive thing about the USPL is that they finally have their events on APPA, unlike the Nppl.

1st place World Cup 2010 D3
andrew hw99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:58 PM #84
OMaLLeY

OMaLLeY owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy47 View Post
ROFL, just another reason i love you omalley
Tks! Back at yeah... Great to see you back throwing paint!