Originally Posted by PBOldTimer
Did you try sending a PM to the Skirmish administration? Did you send an email about your complaints? Did you compose a letter with regard to your dissatisfaction? A note strapped to the arse of a carrier pigeon, perhaps? The answer to each of these is NO! Instead, you chose to do the very thing that you're barking at Nox13 for. Instead of PM'ing ("a move I would have truly respected"), you posted. Pot... kettle... black!
lmao heres a question ... how do you know all of the above wasnt done?
seems that ppl get upset when ppl dont agree that this was not the best game ever ... i have been attending senario games at skirmish since 1988 and in my opinion these scenario games are not TRUE scenario games anymore and havent been in atleast 10+ years .. these games are now just "BIG GAMES"
its not like the old days like the ones wayne produced where there was SIGNIFICANT role playing , sometimes you would hold an objective for hours with no contact simply because the other side decided not to do it , and other times what was suppose to be a simple recon mission had you run into about 100 of the enemy waiting for your little recon mission to show its face lol there seems to be NO NEED for strategy or tatics anymore other then simple run and gun and out number the other side.
theres really no more belly crawling for hours to just get 1 shot at the general
in my opinion and this is not just directed at skirmish either .. fields or producers in general are just in it for the buck and to make as much as they can with as little effort as possible ... we the players will have to at some point say enough is enough and not attend these games until changes are made or the flip side is to just STFU and keep taking it lol
i for one dont think i will be playing the ION game next year mainly for the reason i stated above and the fact that i just dont see the enjoyment in spending close to 1000 bucks just to have ppl not play honorably or have a game that i can say is NOT really and trully a scenario game anymore.
maybe its just a sign of the times , maybe i was spoiled playing all these years and my expectations are just to high for these trying econmoic times or perhaps im just THAT "OLD" guy now that i thought i would never become when i started playing lol
in my opinion this ION was not the greatest , there were a few improvements but there were also some fallbacks or backsteps as well
1. specifically i LOVED seeing refs out in the woods randomly chrono ppl .. hell i got chronoed 3x myself lol ) was a NICE surprise and GREATFUL feeling of thanks seeing that this year
2. the security this year WAS ON THE MONEY dealing with idiots and the zero tolerance for the trouble makers was GREATLY appreciated
3. the paint was great
1. not ALL the refs in my opinion were trained as well as they should have been on what a scenario games is , the rules for this specific game and what was expected of them especially by the players.
2. THE BLANTANT cheating/wipping/not walking off when hit on both sides was the WORSE i had ever seen it and it was even more DISHEARTENING to see it wasnt the walk-ons doing it as much as it was established well known teams on BOTH SIDES who are suppose to be setting the example and helping the refs police the teams that were doing it the most.
3. the scores for the game i think should be kept updated atleast every hour on a board near the skirmish hq so players can see whats going on and how the game is going .. im not sure and i may be wrong but i havent seen that in the past 2-3 years now and the score is always a surprise and i think thats not the way to go.
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK paul , terry and the skirmish staff who were EXTREMELY helpful to me when i arrived on weds to get the JF camp area secured
AGAIN if we as players , owners , managers , etc.. cant discuss , vent , point out problems or suggest solutions then the sport we ALL love is doomed to die a horrible death
again this is just MY OPINION and does NOT reflect the opinion or voices in ANYWAY SHAPE OR FORM the team i belong to being AA OR JF
anyway , stay safe ppl