Old 07-24-2009, 01:18 PM #43
PBOldTimer
Yeah, I'm that Ref

has been a member for 10 years
PBOldTimer owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
PBOldTimer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFBalz View Post
Notice how the "Skirmish Field Judge" (A ref, who are we kidding) lashes out instead of maybe contacting an unsatisfied customer in a pm. (A move I would have truly respected)

You sir are the perfect spokesmen for EMR.
Did you try sending a PM to the Skirmish administration? Did you send an email about your complaints? Did you compose a letter with regard to your dissatisfaction? A note strapped to the arse of a carrier pigeon, perhaps? The answer to each of these is NO! Instead, you chose to do the very thing that you're barking at Nox13 for. Instead of PM'ing ("a move I would have truly respected"), you posted. Pot... kettle... black!
Advertisement
Old 07-24-2009, 06:13 PM #44
HIGHTOWER
Fighting Five-Oh Co-Capt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBOldTimer View Post
Did you try sending a PM to the Skirmish administration? Did you send an email about your complaints? Did you compose a letter with regard to your dissatisfaction? A note strapped to the arse of a carrier pigeon, perhaps? The answer to each of these is NO! Instead, you chose to do the very thing that you're barking at Nox13 for. Instead of PM'ing ("a move I would have truly respected"), you posted. Pot... kettle... black!
lmao heres a question ... how do you know all of the above wasnt done?

seems that ppl get upset when ppl dont agree that this was not the best game ever ... i have been attending senario games at skirmish since 1988 and in my opinion these scenario games are not TRUE scenario games anymore and havent been in atleast 10+ years .. these games are now just "BIG GAMES"
its not like the old days like the ones wayne produced where there was SIGNIFICANT role playing , sometimes you would hold an objective for hours with no contact simply because the other side decided not to do it , and other times what was suppose to be a simple recon mission had you run into about 100 of the enemy waiting for your little recon mission to show its face lol there seems to be NO NEED for strategy or tatics anymore other then simple run and gun and out number the other side.
theres really no more belly crawling for hours to just get 1 shot at the general

in my opinion and this is not just directed at skirmish either .. fields or producers in general are just in it for the buck and to make as much as they can with as little effort as possible ... we the players will have to at some point say enough is enough and not attend these games until changes are made or the flip side is to just STFU and keep taking it lol

i for one dont think i will be playing the ION game next year mainly for the reason i stated above and the fact that i just dont see the enjoyment in spending close to 1000 bucks just to have ppl not play honorably or have a game that i can say is NOT really and trully a scenario game anymore.
maybe its just a sign of the times , maybe i was spoiled playing all these years and my expectations are just to high for these trying econmoic times or perhaps im just THAT "OLD" guy now that i thought i would never become when i started playing lol

in my opinion this ION was not the greatest , there were a few improvements but there were also some fallbacks or backsteps as well

PROS
1. specifically i LOVED seeing refs out in the woods randomly chrono ppl .. hell i got chronoed 3x myself lol ) was a NICE surprise and GREATFUL feeling of thanks seeing that this year

2. the security this year WAS ON THE MONEY dealing with idiots and the zero tolerance for the trouble makers was GREATLY appreciated

3. the paint was great

CONS
1. not ALL the refs in my opinion were trained as well as they should have been on what a scenario games is , the rules for this specific game and what was expected of them especially by the players.

2. THE BLANTANT cheating/wipping/not walking off when hit on both sides was the WORSE i had ever seen it and it was even more DISHEARTENING to see it wasnt the walk-ons doing it as much as it was established well known teams on BOTH SIDES who are suppose to be setting the example and helping the refs police the teams that were doing it the most.

3. the scores for the game i think should be kept updated atleast every hour on a board near the skirmish hq so players can see whats going on and how the game is going .. im not sure and i may be wrong but i havent seen that in the past 2-3 years now and the score is always a surprise and i think thats not the way to go.

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK paul , terry and the skirmish staff who were EXTREMELY helpful to me when i arrived on weds to get the JF camp area secured

AGAIN if we as players , owners , managers , etc.. cant discuss , vent , point out problems or suggest solutions then the sport we ALL love is doomed to die a horrible death

again this is just MY OPINION and does NOT reflect the opinion or voices in ANYWAY SHAPE OR FORM the team i belong to being AA OR JF

anyway , stay safe ppl
hightower

Last edited by HIGHTOWER : 07-24-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:48 PM #45
TheCarter
TEEBOW!

TheCarter is playing at Living Legends III
TheCarter owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TheCarter supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHTOWER View Post

3. the scores for the game i think should be kept updated atleast every hour on a board near the skirmish hq so players can see whats going on and how the game is going .. im not sure and i may be wrong but i havent seen that in the past 2-3 years now and the score is always a surprise and i think thats not the way to go.
as far as i know, the score has always been posted at the tourney shed (HQ, the place where props were turned in, etc.)
Old 07-24-2009, 10:44 PM #46
AHaydt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCarter View Post
as far as i know, the score has always been posted at the tourney shed (HQ, the place where props were turned in, etc.)
The scores were updated on a whiteboard by Central Command when point totals were called in at specific times. Prop totals were added at the end of Saturday night because a lot of props weren't turned in throughout the day. I believe when I broke for lunch (7:30) there was minimal to no props returned.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:17 AM #47
HIGHTOWER
Fighting Five-Oh Co-Capt

Hmmm ok i guess in my old age im need to get glasses as well lol
Old 07-25-2009, 12:35 PM #48
JFBalz
Joint Fury Capt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBOldTimer View Post
If, bettering the game was my goal, you'd have a point. If, I cared about what happens next year, you'd have a point. If I thought anyone at Skirmish would give me the time of day... you'd have a point.

But it's not, I don't... and I'm not stupid.

My mind is made up. You've lost a customer... So yeah, you've now got a loud mouth, motherf*cking your field to anyone who will listen... The same way it was motherf*cked to me when my team put ION on it's schedule. The list is growing.

Will it make a difference? I doubt it, for 2 reasons.
1) 8 years ago we bailed on Skirmish because the ref staff sucked. It hasn't changed. The boss is content with his staff and their level of training and/or commitment, nothing I say will change that. Yet, you continue to bring in big numbers. Lowest common denominator... but paying bodies none the less.
2) There is a deep enough pool of (what we call "paste eatters") that will sing Skirmish's praises like some sort of cult church... Nothing I say will change that.

This is a public board and I'll continue pounding you. Kicking the wasp nest and watching all the paste eatters rush to your diffense makes me laugh. The more you fight back, the more I'm gonna sh*t in every Skirmish thread I can find.

I'm done with PBOldTimer... Who's next?
Old 07-25-2009, 02:26 PM #49
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

Its a very large game to manage. They do everything they can im sure. If the players would have a little more honor it would help out big time

http://1sspanzerkorps.com/
Old 07-25-2009, 02:46 PM #50
Terry B.
Skirmish USA

I would like to send a special Thank You to all the players who played here this past weekend at ION09. I hope you all enjoyed yourselves. Thank You!
http://skirmish.com
http://poconowhitewater.com
Old 07-25-2009, 02:53 PM #51
Terry B.
Skirmish USA

I would like, and i do appreciate, all your feedback about this game and other games here at Skirmish. If you would like to speak to me personally, feel free to call me at 570-722-2938 or email me at info@skirmish.com.
http://skirmish.com
http://poconowhitewater.com
Old 07-25-2009, 02:56 PM #52
dstanley753
XOXO ~ Mad Hatter

dstanley753 posts videos on PbNation
dstanley753 supports our troops
dstanley753 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
dstanley753 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
dstanley753 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry B. View Post
I would like to send a special Thank You to all the players who played here this past weekend at ION09. I hope you all enjoyed yourselves. Thank You!
Each year the game gets better in my opinion. 2007 was groundzero,2008 showed improvement, 2009 again in my opinion was great. Safety was there, cheating wass minimal, only thing missing was porta-johns closer to the insertions!

GraveDiggersPaintball
Team Elder/ SGT at ARMS
Old 07-25-2009, 04:11 PM #53
JFBalz
Joint Fury Capt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAngelSS View Post
If the players would have a little more honor it would help out big time

Finally something you & I can both agree on...

Truly, the first sign of the Apocalypse.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:31 PM #54
preamo

Hey guys have to aggree after our 6th ION in a row this was the best ever, hats off to the people that don't get enough credit
Karen and her staff (she is top shelf) and Patrick and his great staff of techs.
keep up the great work
Camp Out Inc., Guerrilla Air, Monster Energy Drinks