Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-21-2009, 11:19 AM #1
Chelle

Just purchased a pump

Ok I'm a newbie to pumps, but I just purchased a pretty much stock 04 Autococker Prostock with what looks to be a Team Hooptie pump kit. I wanted to upgrade the regulator and my friend has 2 for sale (cheap), and was wondering which regulator is better out of the two. One is a ANS Gen X. And the other is an Empire regulator. Which of the two is better?

Also, it's a pretty heavy gun. What is the lightest pump kit that I can put on there, without sacrificing quality? And any other tips on lightening it up?
Chelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-21-2009, 11:39 AM #2
Fluid1 (Banned)

Light?

Mini'd midgeted halfblock.
Lightest pump kit is going to be a non-deluxe
40 round hopper, 13/3000 HPA tank, and that's as light as you can get.

Who knows which regulator is in better shape.
Fluid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:20 PM #3
chillinspyder2
Rockin' Cocks

If you're looking for a light gun, the prostock was a "bad" choice. There's not much you can do to it (without dropping quite a few bills) in order to lighten it up. Like Fluid said, you could mini and half-block it, but that's probably to much cash to justify a small weight loss. Same thing with a pump kit, you'll only be saving a few ounces. Not enough to justify a $50+ on a new pump kit. If you're happy with the hooptie, than stick with it.

Your best option is to buy a light tank and small hopper. That will provide the most drastic changes in weight.
chillinspyder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:28 PM #4
L4sT_ReSOrT
周朝

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillinspyder2 View Post
If you're looking for a light gun, the prostock was a "bad" choice. There's not much you can do to it (without dropping quite a few bills) in order to lighten it up. Like Fluid said, you could mini and half-block it, but that's probably to much cash to justify a small weight loss. Same thing with a pump kit, you'll only be saving a few ounces. Not enough to justify a $50+ on a new pump kit. If you're happy with the hooptie, than stick with it.

Your best option is to buy a light tank and small hopper. That will provide the most drastic changes in weight.
qft.

Changing the trigger frame or barrel might also shave off a few ounces.
L4sT_ReSOrT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:55 PM #5
mxmtl
MQ2 Pumper!

Try playing with it for a while, like actually out on the field in a game. You might not notice the weight.
mxmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:12 PM #6
Chelle

Thanks for the replies everyone. Yeah, I know it's not going to get too much lighter. I already have a DW Fibur barrel and 48/45 CP tank. But might look into a trigger frame if it's not to spendy. What are good, light, trigger frames out there? Don't like the stock hinge frame since I can't grip the frame with my middle finger. But not looking into anything serious like half blocking or anything that's a ton of $$$.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluid1 View Post
Who knows which regulator is in better shape.
They're both in great shape externally. Just wondering if anybody who's had real world experience with both could comment on which seemed to be more consistent.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:18 PM #7
L4sT_ReSOrT
周朝

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelle View Post
Thanks for the replies everyone. Yeah, I know it's not going to get too much lighter. I already have a DW Fibur barrel and 48/45 CP tank. But might look into a trigger frame if it's not to spendy. What are good, light, trigger frames out there? Don't like the stock hinge frame since I can't grip the frame with my middle finger. But not looking into anything serious like half blocking or anything that's a ton of $$$.

They're both in great shape externally. Just wondering if anybody who's had real world experience with both could comment on which seemed to be more consistent.
Single trigger frames are getting kind of hard to find. You can either try to pick up one here used or searching for eBay for one.
Generally for a new one you can look to pay upwards of 45. For a used it all depends.

As for the regulator they're both great regs but the ANS seems to have the better reputation amongst players for it's amazing consistency.
It's all personal preference, really.
L4sT_ReSOrT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:37 PM #8
chongballa
a.k.a. chongballa

look for a single frame on compulsive or paintballgateway.
ans regs are good, but ugly imo. i would buy the one thats in better shape of the two like fluid said
PaintballMilitia
chongballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:38 PM #9
Chelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by chongballa View Post
look for a single frame on compulsive or paintballgateway.
ans regs are good, but ugly imo. i would buy the one thats in better shape of the two like fluid said
Yeah, the ANS is kinda ugly with that turn knob. I did end up picking the ANS up. So from the bottom, is clockwise lowering or upping the pressure?
Old 07-22-2009, 05:14 PM #10
dakota_lyons (Banned)

halfblocking is actually pretty cheap. i didn't pay anything for it cause i traded a few thing for it from jcurt, but the weight loss was awesome and still as smooth. mine was an 04 prostock too. also, one thing you can do yourself is shave the rear hump off the back of the gun. takes off quite a bit, and i thing it looks really nice, besides it being raw right there.

started with just a body (bought all parts brand new)
[IMG][/IMG]

then i shaved it

then i sent it to jcurt. i wanted a design instead of a straight cut, and he offered to re do it, but i went with it

got an update, after i asked him to shave as much as he could off. he wannabe mini'd it, and then shaved the bottom as much as possible

and then i got it back, very pleased, and put it all together

smooth as butter. i regret trading it away, but whatever. i spent like $600 before halfblocking, and then traded my bolt and a few dollars for the halfblocking. end result was awesome. worth it

gun was perfect. you couldn't complain about it.
dakota_lyons is offline   Reply With Quote