PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-20-2009, 10:51 AM #22
officer J
"TAP"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate473 View Post
So krauts what was up with the reballs again this year i have a knot on my head the size of a golf ball thanks to it... oh yea and the flipping illegal insertions, and lets not forget the BONUS BALLS and shooting dead players who are trying to reinsert. **NEWS FLASH** if your barrel condom is on and you see a gun over the persons head DONT ****ING SHOOT THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From personal experience I believe that for the most part there was more integrity on the field this year than in IONs past. As for your issue with the insertions and how the Germans were supposedly not using the right one. My team and I were paid by the allies to clear a sizable amount of germans that had them stopped from reaching a key objective. As a third entity we entered the field right behind them, sorry for the legionaires they walked past us at the wrong time. About 25 of us opened up and eliminated about 80 Germans in around 30 seconds. It was a nasty trap, and every player we hit except one promptly called themselves out and exited the field. Players that were not even hit called themselves out not wanting any of it. Even had a few of the legionaires saying that was one of the sickest moves they had seen. Nothing personal guys, just busisness. If the German command had not had a bug up their collective backsides about Mark, maybe we could have returned the favor for you.

"You do have the right to remain silent, what you lack is the ability."

I see guilty people.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-20-2009, 11:28 AM #23
Team Predator
predator

Team Predator donated to help Peyton Trent
Team Predator is playing at Living Legends III
Team Predator owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by officer J View Post
No freaking kidding, you down for another run predators?
Were there. And i hope it rains. I wanna see psychosis in WET daisy dukes!

2008 Battle of the Bulge MVT
2010 Fallout/Wasteland MVT-Fallout/Wasteland MOFO Award
MVT Dark OpsExtreme VIII
Old 07-20-2009, 04:39 PM #24
lukster14
"CupCake"

hmm, was there from thursday night on. nice and chill time, great generals. teams were honest, walkons had a little explaining needed before they got the hint. happens everytime. as for reball, I was talking to one of the refs, after the game, they saw and heard nothing. Sure u just didnt hit your head genius? and by far, the camping was friendlier, more secure and more relaxed then last year. No dumpster fire, no M80's up in the woods. And people are coming round to respecting the cease fire concept when someone inevitably gets hurt. Might like to see the use of the mortars back, and those nasty, insidious rumors about no tanks squashed, but otherwise props to skirmish for a great event.
"Lemmaximus Giganticus" #999
I'm "cupcake" the 300 pound ghillie guy
"LOOK OUT, Its Sasquach... oh wait no, its just a fat guy in ghillie" ion 08
"Hmmm angry happy faces... is that supposed to be a contradiction or somthing???"
Proud owner of palmer superstocker PS137, and one of the 1 of 5 "happy" etec2's
and an 08 stars and striped ego
http://www.pbnation.com/feedbackdeta...34418&u=416763 feedback
Old 07-20-2009, 05:05 PM #25
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

NoelyDeezNutz plays in the USPL
NoelyDeezNutz plays in the PSP
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoelyDeezNutz is a top reviewer
My point of view was that this year's ION was a lot better than the previous year's... I didnt hear a single issue with Reballs or anything of that nature... I SAW issues with paint... but it comes with the territory of hot and humid weather... expect it... or at least learn about the game you play, and WHY things happen, so that when you get hit with a soft ball, and it hurts like hell.. .you know its just soft from the weather and is LESS prone to break when it hits its target.

Of all the germans I shot out, i dont think i had 1 single player wipe and play on... while storming the beach, i was up in the mounds and nailed a german player trying to sneak a peak through some brush, his gun went straight up and he walked off... whether or not he went all the way back to re-insert, i dont know, nor do i really care... he was cleared out of the area that I was supposed to clear... and he at least (in my eyes) made the attempt to leave (and since i didnt see otherwise, im going to assume that he did get off the field to re-insert properly)

There were MANY allied players wiping and playing on... I saw it, and I said something to them... I even shot a few because they wouldn't get out... on a game this scale, being honest is a HUGE thing, and it amazes me that people can't bring themselves to do it sometimes... especially when there is really nothing on the line except bragging rights (and for a team, not even an individual)

It was also nice to be able to walk around and not have people being morons all weekend... and it was paid back when one of my players saw a car in a ditch on the side of the road, and a person in a ZyklonB jersey... all the trash talking and other crap was pushed aside to make sure that the Zyklon B guys were made aware that one of their guys may need help and it was all taken care of with NO drama. Thankfully we found out later on (thanks Tink) that the player that was seen (rocket?) was actually helping out the person who's car was in the ditch. so for that.

sorry for my rant and rave, but i just started typing and not realizing what thread i was even in... lol.

Hope to see everyone again next year!
Old 07-20-2009, 06:29 PM #26
psy-kosis
Released from the lab....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Predator View Post
Were there. And i hope it rains. I wanna see psychosis in WET daisy dukes!
oh hell yeah. they will be more sexxxy than you have ever seen.

"In our eyes, the German... of the future must be slim and slender, as fast as a greyhound, tough as leather and hard as Krupp steel." Adolph Hitler
KRUPP CORP. A better future through bioengineering!!!! We do the unethical so you dont have to!
Ask us about our regime change program.

Proud Member of ZYKLON B The baddest team in paintball
US ARMY(RET) Grunt Killer RANGER!!!!
Old 07-20-2009, 06:35 PM #27
Teabag-YankeeDiv
Yankee Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by njhusker View Post
With respect I offer this suggestion... going forward if you want to say there was cheating on both sides and you saw it personally, then say, "I saw cheating on both sides" and not say, ..."if the allies would go out when shot."

See the difference? As I said, it is just a suggestion.

And one more time... I will defend the integrity of my team every time and challenge anyone to prove any of us ever cheated.... Sorry, cannot "chill out" on that one... I will not have it any other way and all my teammates know it.
Well said, Doug! Honor, Integrity, Sportsmanship. These are the things that make the sport...and the players that play it... great. If everyone tried playing with these things, I dare say that paintball would be a perfect sport
Tippmann-TechT-Crossfire
Hammerhead
Old 07-20-2009, 07:03 PM #28
njhusker
Inactive

Thanks Brian...

I have said many times before... what good is the win if you got it by cheating? Seriously! I will not recognize your win if you cheated to get it... I don't care what the score says... And if you can honestly say you don't care what I think then ask yourself what do YOU think about what you did. Anyone that says they don't care about how it feels to cheat is a liar. Sorry, had to be said. You know deep down inside that you don't feel right about it...

rant over (again)...

I am very hopeful for the sport.

Anyone who knowingly wipes a hit off and continues playing is just killing the game. There really ought to be a large game of mercy ball these folks can go play. Let them start their own league for goodness sake. Then maybe they will stay out of ours...

The best answer is harsher penalties for wiping... Ref punch to their ID badge... Three and you're gone... no refund....
Fight every battle as if it were your last...either way all your troubles will be over.
Farewell friends...... It was a GREAT ride while it lasted
Old 07-20-2009, 07:09 PM #29
caw88
Outlaw Woodsball

caw88 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
From personal experience I believe that for the most part there was more integrity on the field this year than in IONs past. As for your issue with the insertions and how the Germans were supposedly not using the right one. My team and I were paid by the allies to clear a sizable amount of germans that had them stopped from reaching a key objective. As a third entity we entered the field right behind them, sorry for the legionaires they walked past us at the wrong time. About 25 of us opened up and eliminated about 80 Germans in around 30 seconds. It was a nasty trap, and every player we hit except one promptly called themselves out and exited the field. Players that were not even hit called themselves out not wanting any of it. Even had a few of the legionaires saying that was one of the sickest moves they had seen. Nothing personal guys, just busisness. If the German command had not had a bug up their collective backsides about Mark, maybe we could have returned the favor for you.

I have video of the Allies inserting throught the landing craft on the last big push on sunday when the Germans had pushed the Allies back to their base and shooting the German General in the back. The player(s) had no wristbands or brains.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:45 PM #30
HeartlessJersey
Murphy

HeartlessJersey owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
HeartlessJersey owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by caw88 View Post
I have video of the Allies... The player(s) had no wristbands
So then how were they Allies?
Old 07-20-2009, 10:22 PM #31
njhusker
Inactive

hmmmmm
Fight every battle as if it were your last...either way all your troubles will be over.
Farewell friends...... It was a GREAT ride while it lasted
Old 07-20-2009, 10:27 PM #32
cornchips
got any dip?

cornchips is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
No freaking kidding, you down for another run predators?
hell yeah we are
Joey aka Cornchips #12 proud member of Team Predator
teampredator 2008-Battle of the Bulge MVT
Sponsored by Predator's Den Paintball Supply, Newton, NJ
"Originally posted by PyroManiac:
TeamPredator - your reputation as an honest, hard hitting relentless bunch of killers are well deserved. I feel sorry for anyone that has to go up against a full squad of your team!
*The views expressed by Shag77 are not necessarily that of Team Predator. Any similiarites between persons live or dead is merely coincidental-Predator Legal
Old 07-20-2009, 10:37 PM #33
cornchips
got any dip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caw88 View Post
I have video of the Allies inserting throught the landing craft on the last big push on sunday when the Germans had pushed the Allies back to their base and shooting the German General in the back. The player(s) had no wristbands or brains.
i took about 10 hits in my *** being the general's meat shield when that happened

btw i wanna see the vid hook me up
TeamPredator - your reputation as an honest, hard hitting relentless bunch of killers are well deserved. I feel sorry for anyone that has to go up against a full squad of your team!
*The views expressed by Shag77 are not necessarily that of Team Predator. Any similiarites between persons live or dead is merely coincidental-Predator Legal
Old 07-20-2009, 10:51 PM #34
dstanley753
XOXO ~ Mad Hatter

dstanley753 posts videos on PbNation
dstanley753 supports our troops
dstanley753 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
dstanley753 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
dstanley753 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornchips View Post
i took about 10 hits in my *** being the general's meat shield when that happened

btw i wanna see the vid hook me up
You want to see your *** on video don't you! Looks like you've been around psy-kosis to much.

GraveDiggersPaintball
Team Elder/ SGT at ARMS
Old 07-20-2009, 11:21 PM #35
cornchips
got any dip?

hey i have a nice ***
Old 07-20-2009, 11:26 PM #36
psy-kosis
Released from the lab....

but not as nice as mine...............

"In our eyes, the German... of the future must be slim and slender, as fast as a greyhound, tough as leather and hard as Krupp steel." Adolph Hitler
KRUPP CORP. A better future through bioengineering!!!! We do the unethical so you dont have to!
Ask us about our regime change program.

Proud Member of ZYKLON B The baddest team in paintball
US ARMY(RET) Grunt Killer RANGER!!!!
Old 07-24-2009, 03:14 PM #37
infamoussmiley
Infamoussmiley

Troll,

Sorry you weren't there. No worries, we can settle up later. we haven't forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopton View Post
christ, allies get their ***** whooped when im not there
Old 07-24-2009, 07:20 PM #38
Bonvicini tre45
DELETE-DELETE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate473 View Post
So krauts what was up with the reballs again this year i have a knot on my head the size of a golf ball thanks to it... oh yea and the flipping illegal insertions, and lets not forget the BONUS BALLS and shooting dead players who are trying to reinsert. **NEWS FLASH** if your barrel condom is on and you see a gun over the persons head DONT ****ING SHOOT THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hey if you dont make the effort to make sure you let the other team know youre out by any means is your fault. When i got out i had my gun as high as i could. If you just put on a barrel condom and think everyone will see it thats your mistake. I accidently bonus balled people because of that reason.
DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE
Old 07-24-2009, 09:14 PM #39
Teabag-YankeeDiv
Yankee Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonvicini tre45 View Post
hey if you dont make the effort to make sure you let the other team know youre out by any means is your fault. When i got out i had my gun as high as i could. If you just put on a barrel condom and think everyone will see it thats your mistake. I accidently bonus balled people because of that reason.
I find that people often forget that they are only one person in a target rich environment. If you're out and getting hit, chances are you are walking thru the field of fire intended for another target. This is paintball! Suck it up and drive on!
Tippmann-TechT-Crossfire
Hammerhead
Old 07-25-2009, 12:29 PM #40
fishkopp
Hell Katz

fishkopp owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
fishkopp owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teabag-YankeeDiv View Post
I find that people often forget that they are only one person in a target rich environment. If you're out and getting hit, chances are you are walking thru the field of fire intended for another target. This is paintball! Suck it up and drive on!
Unfortunitly some people are just d-bags and do over shoot because they can. But I'm glad to say most people arn't like that . I believe because skirmish put a cap on the game many of the riff raff don't get to play because they're to stupid to prereg.

So one of the good by products of the cap is many honnarable teams are playing and bringing higher levels of sportsmanship to the game. I can say this is the best ION ever , good job Terry and the rest off the awsome reffing staff.

Balling Since 86

TEAM RTM CONTRACT PLAYER