PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-24-2009, 08:23 AM #106
markcheb
surrender...don't move

?

Where does it say that Mary was a virgin after birthing Christ?
ChristKrew #185
Anointing foreheads with the paintball for a while now.
Where's God? - Read Luke 15:11-32
markcheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:54 AM #107
hsilman
Disgustipated

Quote:
Originally Posted by halofreak4t5 View Post
So now that's more evidence suggesting she was not a virgin. If this is the case, then the Bible lied to us. If that is the case then what's not say the entire Bible is bull****.
lolwut?
hsilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:56 AM #108
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsilman View Post
lolwut?
zactly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by markcheb View Post
?
Where does it say that Mary was a virgin after birthing Christ?
Apostolic tradition, non-canonical Gospels, and eisegesis of liberal translation of Greek (as mentioned).
Member of: Christ Krew #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:13 AM #109
markcheb
surrender...don't move

Catholics.

They be messing with my Bible.
ChristKrew #185
Anointing foreheads with the paintball for a while now.
Where's God? - Read Luke 15:11-32
markcheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:26 AM #110
IoNxRoCkEr
Voice of the Soul

Annual Supporting Member
IoNxRoCkEr is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
IoNxRoCkEr is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by halofreak4t5 View Post
So now that's more evidence suggesting she was not a virgin. If this is the case, then the Bible lied to us. If that is the case then what's not say the entire Bible is bull****.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:30 PM #111
shortguydave

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcheb View Post
Catholics.

They be messing with my Bible.
if youre talking about halofreak, hes not catholic. catholics believe mary was a virgin, its in the nicene creed, which is pretty much the core of catholic belief
Old 03-26-2009, 07:40 PM #112
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη

ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη helped look for balloons
I think it's obvious what is happening here. There is a misunderstanding! If Jesus had brothers, what is wrong with them being born AFTER Jesus? This is what the Christian dudes in here have been trying to say, but you guys make me so much. The Catholicism reference says that this does not flow in Catholicism because Catholics believe Mary never gave birth after Jesus, making her an eternal virgin.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:58 PM #113
2ffu

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
From God's POV, sin is sin.
God's point of view? Your ****ting me right? How would you know what god's point of view is? Could you please forward his extension to me? I have some heavenly OGK he should check out.
2ffu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:35 PM #114
hsilman
Disgustipated

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ffu View Post
God's point of view? Your ****ting me right? How would you know what god's point of view is? Could you please forward his extension to me? I have some heavenly OGK he should check out.

we are talking about Christianity in here, after all.
hsilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:57 PM #115
2ffu

a ****ing book written by random men who think they know god does not provide God's actual point of view.
2ffu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:14 PM #116
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ffu View Post
a ****ing book written by random men who think they know god does not provide God's actual point of view.
I think you missed the important context that hsilman wanted you to know. Actually, it's under the picture. Here, let me bold it for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsilman
we are talking about Christianity in here, after all.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:39 AM #117
billadam

"Your body is the temple of Christ".

Love it, Guard it, Worship it;

Make it Sacred.
church marketing
billadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:10 PM #118
squeaky
INFAMY FOREVER

We really have to pray for folks to be saved.

Being that it takes Gods power in order for one to become a believer. Because we cannot believe on our own power. Because we have no power in and of ourselves outside of Christ. One has to be prayed for in order for that person to be able to receive salvation. Even one who wants to believe but cant for whatever reason it may be. Needs Gods Power of faith

Most people who are saved today, someone prayed for them most likely. Because the enemy had blinders on us so to speak to the point that we could not believe such supernatural spiritual things let alone comphrehend the possibilities of it or the purpose. So we acted out against it many times in ignorance. Cursing and using the name of God in vain and making derogatory and cynical comments etc etc. Its because we didnt know and we were influenced.

Ever notice its the one faith that draws such an ire in people more than anything else?

Its because Satan knows its the truth. and it irks him to no end. So he acts out through those he can influence. We are more prone to hear someone out about "New age type of living" than christianity. Because "1" the claims in christianity sound prepotsterous let alone threatening to one whose eyes havent been opened and whose hearts havent been softened. Thats why God said "Harden NOT your heart" . As much as it pains me to hear someone make such smart comments about God. I have to remember the one truly behind all of this. Hey cause I know I said somestuff before I knew better. lol

All in all its still up to the person to accept life eternal or rejecte it.

peace
God our creator loves mankind very very much. He sent Jesus the Christ to die for our sins so we do not have to face an eternal future without him lost forever. Our sins remain upon us so long as we continue to reject Him. There is No True Peace with Christ, who is the Salvation of God. Try Him and see.
Christianity is not a "Religion" about Jesus Christ but a relationship with Jesus the Christ

Last edited by squeaky : 07-20-2009 at 06:13 PM.
squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:17 PM #119
fainerbainer
CK

fainerbainer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
fainerbainer has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
fainerbainer has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
God said harden not your hearts to those who WERE following him...just FYI (if you are using the text from Hebrews anyway)
fainerbainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:34 PM #120
squeaky
INFAMY FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by fainerbainer View Post
God said harden not your hearts to those who WERE following him...just FYI (if you are using the text from Hebrews anyway)

You know, your absolutely right. However What I meant was to suggest not to harden your hearts against this truth but give him a chance. But I took that example from 1 samuel 6:6 when he spoke of Pharaohs maintained attitude even in the midst of wonders to still refuse.

But Good point. thanks
God our creator loves mankind very very much. He sent Jesus the Christ to die for our sins so we do not have to face an eternal future without him lost forever. Our sins remain upon us so long as we continue to reject Him. There is No True Peace with Christ, who is the Salvation of God. Try Him and see.
Christianity is not a "Religion" about Jesus Christ but a relationship with Jesus the Christ
Old 07-20-2009, 06:39 PM #121
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη

Is it not God who calls whom he will call? Therefore, salvation is not gained through works, nor faith, but only by the grace of God because he chooses who he chooses and preordains who he preordains. It was even so that God chose Pharaoh and caused him to harden his heart so that greater glory might be revealed. Works are the fruit of faith, and faith is greater glory to God, but it by grace that we are saved, according to whom God will call by his Spirit who gives understanding. It is not by any of our doings that we are saved, not by works, or by faith, which is greater than works, but only by God's grace.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:18 PM #122
squeaky
INFAMY FOREVER

no argument here

I am in total agreement with your comment.

God has a plan for us all. If we accept Christ. But you and I know everyone will not. And God knows this too. In fact he knows exactly who is going to accept and who is going to reject to their grave or whatever. He knows everything. so in that sense yes pre-ordained works for me.

To suggest Gods pre-selected or pre-ordained people in the midst of events. means that certain people were already going to hell is to contradict Gods wish of no man to perish but for all to come to repentance. But I dont think you are suggesting that at all.

He already knows the end of the story for each one of us. We dont. we still have to live out that story.
In That,... there is a sense of pre-ordained. Because he knows, ultimately who will make it and who wont. However we are still left ultimately make the choice. And its not a one time thing. Its an every day thing.

As for Pharoah, yes absolutely, this was done to glorify God. HE already knew Pharaoh wasnt going to heed his first call for him to let israel go and avoid the plagues. he already knew what pharaohs heart was going to be like, he allowed it to be so. Doesnt mean pharaoh could not have repented though.

But maybe you missed my point just a little.

All im saying is that its important to pray for the lost. maybe someone in particular. Theres nothing wrong with praying that their hearts be touched by God to recieve his word after maybe handing them a tract or witnessing to them. Doesnt mean they are going to be saved necessarily because one prays for them. because....

In the end it still takes a willing heart above anything else.
We still have our own personal choices to make.

But prayer does change things. If its in the context of Gods will.

Not saying anything of works to move God or achieve salvation.
However, Faith without works is dead anyway.

But you have to have Faith first before any works, If any works are required at that.
Sometimes its a matter of being still. That can be consider works too.

Last edited by squeaky : 07-20-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:53 PM #123
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeaky View Post
I am in total agreement with your comment.

God has a plan for us all. If we accept Christ. But you and I know everyone will not. And God knows this too. In fact he knows exactly who is going to accept and who is going to reject to their grave or whatever. He knows everything. so in that sense yes pre-ordained works for me.

To suggest Gods pre-selected or pre-ordained people in the midst of events. means that certain people were already going to hell is to contradict Gods wish of no man to perish but for all to come to repentance. But I dont think you are suggesting that at all.

He already knows the end of the story for each one of us. We dont. we still have to live out that story.
In That,... there is a sense of pre-ordained. Because he knows, ultimately who will make it and who wont. However we are still left ultimately make the choice. And its not a one time thing. Its an every day thing.

As for Pharoah, yes absolutely, this was done to glorify God. HE already knew Pharaoh wasnt going to heed his first call for him to let israel go and avoid the plagues. he already knew what pharaohs heart was going to be like, he allowed it to be so. Doesnt mean pharaoh could not have repented though.

But maybe you missed my point just a little.

All im saying is that its important to pray for the lost. maybe someone in particular. Theres nothing wrong with praying that their hearts be touched by God to recieve his word after maybe handing them a tract or witnessing to them. Doesnt mean they are going to be saved necessarily because one prays for them. because....

In the end it still takes a willing heart above anything else.
We still have our own personal choices to make.

But prayer does change things. If its in the context of Gods will.

Not saying anything of works to move God or achieve salvation.
However, Faith without works is dead anyway.

But you have to have Faith first before any works, If any works are required at that.
Sometimes its a matter of being still. That can be consider works too.
I don't feel like responding to this whole thing. We have an understanding enough.

So, if God does not will that anyone should perish, and prayer in God's will does indeed change things, then if you pray that all should come to repentance, will they? Me and you both already know the answer to that, so that bother answering that rhetorical question.

Salvation is not something attained or gained, but something given.

Even works have been predestined since before the beginning that we may walk in them.

If God knows everything, and everything has been "preordained" since before the beginning, and that is true, then it is so that free will is not necessarily a lie, but rather an illusion. You and I, we say us as choosing certain things, but God knows what we are doing at will do. So, in all technicality, whoever will be in heaven is already in heaven and anyone who will be in "hell" is already in hell.