649cq123

haha oo yeaaa
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2009, 08:19 PM #44
decz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoX13 View Post
there were a few incidents were players got shot and had bloddy welts (weve all had em at one point) and a few players who did trip and fall and hit something resulting in cuts,scrapes. (if it was any pbn guys hope youre all ok now.)

again as posted in possibly another thread, there was no rebal or marbles. when some players who dont play often or never played before get hit with paint and it bounces (we all know bounced paint hurts a bit more then breaks) they think about other horror stories and think oh my (insert random shot object) hit me, and its spreads in a panic, the whisper down the lane game comes into play and by the time the 12 random player hears the story its told "a player shot a watermelon (or a cat,or a Toyota or a bowling ball) at another player and his head exploded into a cloud of glitter and pixie dust.

sorry to disappoint guys. it didn't happen this weekend.period.lol.
So NoX DO you know what happened when they called the cease fire Sunday? I saw a massive rush of refs towards the beach with riot shields but I didn't walk to the tree line and take a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 649cq123 View Post
lol it was funny to hear frokm the americans close to the pentagon around 7pm yesterday say "some ******* general on our side sent us in this direction", about 15 of them got surrounded by about 40 germans so they all surrenderd.
haha, yeah I don't even know why those guys did the insertion. I mean we were RIGHT THERE and had them completely surrounded.

"Oh I like that Baby. I put on my robe and wizard hat. " -eminemBNJA
Old 07-19-2009, 08:22 PM #45
649cq123

haha o you were there?
Old 07-19-2009, 08:28 PM #46
CarlJohnson3
Flexin' 9's since '91

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozcardshop View Post
in the mogul i looked around and these were the guns that were with me
ego9
ego8
ego8
vanguard creed
timmy
vice
flatline 98
and a reg 98
Lol. I think that was my group there. We had a guy with a Creed, I had my Vice, one guy had a Timmy, and one guy had a normal 98. My friend is the only guy I saw this weekend with a Creed. Only like 1 or 2 people even knew what it was.
Welcome to the internet, where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:28 PM #47
ozcardshop
made of trampoline

Annual Supporting Member
ozcardshop owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ozcardshop is for the Gunfight
ozcardshop supports Pev's Paintball
yea i had the xfactor 09
Old 07-19-2009, 08:33 PM #48
CarlJohnson3
Flexin' 9's since '91

Quote:
yea i had the xfactor 09
Yeah. Bryan just told me that was you.

EDIT: Nice gun BTW.
Welcome to the internet, where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:34 PM #49
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
[quote=decz;60587221]So NoX DO you know what happened when they called the cease fire Sunday? I saw a massive rush of refs towards the beach with riot shields but I didn't walk to the tree line and take a look.

I believe it was just a cease fire called by one of the teams as an attack plan (get everyone to stop shooting then charge and open up in one mad rush) the refs all rush in to see what the deal is, if someones hurt or something bad happend.

it happend a few times through out the weekend.

if it was a major issue or a skirmish called cease fire it would have been accompnied by a steady air horn sound (used by either skirmish or emts) along with hundreds of refs blowing thre whistles.

a few players used air horns through out the weekend but non incident related, when they were found they were taken to keep them from confusing everyone and causeing more issues and dangerious situations for the players.

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,

Tiberius T9 Package
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4436345
Old 07-19-2009, 08:35 PM #50
ozcardshop
made of trampoline

Annual Supporting Member
hahaha yea man next year we are going to roll deep with a team so we can just take things again like this year

you can come do some call of duty stuff too
ask bryan that man had the time of his life in the woods yesterday lol
Old 07-19-2009, 08:45 PM #51
CarlJohnson3
Flexin' 9's since '91

Quote:
hahaha yea man next year we are going to roll deep with a team so we can just take things again like this year

you can come do some call of duty stuff too
ask bryan that man had the time of his life in the woods yesterday lol
Yeah. Bryan was in heaven. It was an amazing game this year. I think this was the best time I had at an ION so far.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:47 PM #52
ozcardshop
made of trampoline

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlJohnson3 View Post
Yeah. Bryan was in heaven. It was an amazing game this year. I think this was the best time I had at an ION so far.
hopefully next year we can get in on some real missions and have an even better time

how was the vice bro?
Old 07-19-2009, 08:53 PM #53
CarlJohnson3
Flexin' 9's since '91

Quote:
hopefully next year we can get in on some real missions and have an even better time

how was the vice bro?
I would love to get a little more organized and do missions.

The Vice was amazing. After I popped the one wire in that came loose on Friday, it never had any problems. The barrel kinda loosens over time, but nothing serious. It stopped working on the way home, but I just think it needs a good cleaning after the long weekend. Nicest gun I have owned so far.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:54 PM #54
ozcardshop
made of trampoline

Annual Supporting Member
get an 09 i have 0 complaints except that it eats paint because it shoots DD tits every time you pull the trigger
Old 07-19-2009, 08:58 PM #55
CarlJohnson3
Flexin' 9's since '91

Quote:
get an 09 i have 0 complaints except that it eats paint because it shoots DD tits every time you pull the trigger
I like the 09's (especially yours. That anno is amazing) but next I think I'm either gonna work on an awesome 'cocker project, try to find omenworker's Stormtrooper Cyborg, or save up for a PBX Autorocker. I love unique and rare guns.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:59 PM #56
ozcardshop
made of trampoline

Annual Supporting Member
mines 1 of 36 i believe and jose form asylum got the infamous 09 1 of 26
Old 07-19-2009, 09:15 PM #57
CarlJohnson3
Flexin' 9's since '91

Quote:
mines 1 of 36 i believe and jose form asylum got the infamous 09 1 of 26
That's one reason I like your so much. That infamous 09 at the First Call tent was amazing. I was gonna hold it, but the salesman was so slow with other people. That guy had no idea what he was talking about either. I asked to trade my normal vice for a lime green and black one with laser engraving and he said I would have to add like $400. That's bull****. I could see like $100, but not $400. He didn't even know what a Creed was and he wouldn't even consider buying it because he thought "there was not a demand for them."
Old 07-19-2009, 09:16 PM #58
ozcardshop
made of trampoline

Annual Supporting Member
meh
i got a pimpin deal on the 09 team gats
Old 07-19-2009, 09:19 PM #59
zinja

Good refs: checked hoppers, chronied guns on the field, gave players directions and walked people where they needed to be if they were completely lost. The riot squad was particuarly interesting. I haven't seen better reffing at Skirmish before! My only complaint to the good refs was that one of them did a surprise inspection on my pods while I was in a firefight (Nobody likes having a stranger surprise them by grabbing their behind) and didn't secure them well enough costing me a pod of paint.

Bad Ref: Some prick dressed as Jesus. This mouthy shmuck was hanging around near some Krupp guys in the woods around 11am Sunday and wasn't wearing any vest or obvious sign of being a ref and made no effort to let people know he was a ref until someone sent two balls his way. He then started *****ing up a storm and went on to personally walk up to and yell at every player within 100 feet of where he had been shot telling them how they were morons and he would take them out of the game because he was obviously a ref since he didn't have a gun or visible tape. Minutes later some enemy players were using him as cover and a couple more balls went past him so he interupted the game again and had a 5 minute long power trip screaming and yelling at every player in range. He then followed our group around for the next 30 minutes scrutinizing every player for imaginary brakes and inspecting our equipment in the middle of an intense firefight just to be a jerk. It wasn't until someone threw a hot burning smoke grenade that monster ref finally went on his merry way and left us in peace.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:32 PM #60
CarlJohnson3
Flexin' 9's since '91

Quote:
meh
i got a pimpin deal on the 09 team gats
The prices of the guns for sale were pretty good, just trade in deals were crap. They usually are at every place that does trade ins though.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:19 AM #61
STeeCHfinger
Kickin Kick KIck

ok there was no marble no reball or anything like that the marble was last year this was the cleanest ion ive ever played at there were a few guys hot but its possable that a gun with co2 will shoot faster as the day heats up so thats why people would be shooting hot. refs were on point with the spot chronos and checking for illigal paint . the first cease fire was because someone was shot in the nuts is what i herd is this true? oh and thank you to the greman player that saw me wave to stop shooting when the guy went down and stoped his guys from shooting i dident get your name but thank you. congrats pete murphy and the axis players job well done but the allies shal rise again and free europe from the evil clutches of the german forces and all my fellow allied players WE WILL RISE AGAIN
http://www.forefrontpb.com
Old 07-20-2009, 12:34 AM #62
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinja View Post
Good refs: checked hoppers, chronied guns on the field, gave players directions and walked people where they needed to be if they were completely lost. The riot squad was particuarly interesting. I haven't seen better reffing at Skirmish before! My only complaint to the good refs was that one of them did a surprise inspection on my pods while I was in a firefight (Nobody likes having a stranger surprise them by grabbing their behind) and didn't secure them well enough costing me a pod of paint.

Bad Ref: Some prick dressed as Jesus. This mouthy shmuck was hanging around near some Krupp guys in the woods around 11am Sunday and wasn't wearing any vest or obvious sign of being a ref and made no effort to let people know he was a ref until someone sent two balls his way. He then started *****ing up a storm and went on to personally walk up to and yell at every player within 100 feet of where he had been shot telling them how they were morons and he would take them out of the game because he was obviously a ref since he didn't have a gun or visible tape. Minutes later some enemy players were using him as cover and a couple more balls went past him so he interupted the game again and had a 5 minute long power trip screaming and yelling at every player in range. He then followed our group around for the next 30 minutes scrutinizing every player for imaginary brakes and inspecting our equipment in the middle of an intense firefight just to be a jerk. It wasn't until someone threw a hot burning smoke grenade that monster ref finally went on his merry way and left us in peace.
On the good ref note.
when we did "surprise" hopper checks it wasnt a surprise. we walked up,asked the player to pop the hopper THEMSELF, same went for the pods.. we didnt pull em ourself,and if it was dureing a firefight a sheild would go up in front of them to keep them from getting lit up.not gonna put a player at risk just to check paint, this also acted as a signal to players shooting at them something was going on.we wouldnt let people hid behind them if we were not putting them at a disatvantage,they are getting checked to enforce rules and cant shoot for a minute im not going to let them get shot,they are not advancing or gaining anything out of it.

as for the bad note refs, well..
jesus, I cant say what he was or wasnt wearing as I didnt personally see him on the field. but as far as him saying any of that to a player to me is pretty far fetched. the guy wont even say stuff like that to us when just joking around.(pacifist hippies are kinda funny that way) but who knows.

i noticed the original post was edited, kinda curious as to the rest of it as it didnt show it all,
Quote:
Good refs: checked hoppers, chronied guns on the field, gave players directions and walked people where they needed to be if they were completely lost. The riot squad was particuarly interesting. I...
i guess it wasnt interesting/entertaining enough without the spin..

(tired and bustin balls )

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,

Tiberius T9 Package
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4436345

Last edited by NoX13 : 07-20-2009 at 12:39 AM.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:11 AM #63
gameonpntbll

This was my first Ion , and even though I didn't get there until late Saturday night, more like Sunday morning(3am), I had a good time altogether. I would like to say hats off to the reffs. I think you guys did an awesome job, and I made sure to let the owner know it too. Keep up the good work !!

Oh and by the way for the German players on the beach in the final battle, I would like to thank the ones who were continuously moving forward. That was me out there in the Social Hazard t-shirt screaming my fool head off to try to encourage everyone to press on. I think we could have taken the beach a little sooner if everyone pressed a little harder. Also to the Americans during that battle, thanks for the extra welts. I was loving it when you guys were shooting at me versus the guys that were actually carrying guns, lol.

Great game to everyone !! I do actually hope to make it for the whole weekend next time. It was just a spur of the moment thing for us to take out and leave VA on Saturday to go check out ION at Skirmish. So once again thanks to Skirmish, and it's reffs, and I look forward to doing it again !!