noahlindberg

has been a member for 10 years
they normaly dont mind about genoraters till later at night
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2009, 01:20 PM #23
DLSPaintball
Team Breakout

We'd shut it off around 11 so we could get some sleep. We'd be up at 6 so we need rest. I'm thinking we'll probably just load up 2 SUVs with all of our junk and head down. Come to think of it, that's really bad... an Explorer and a Yukon stuffed full for 3 people...
Smart Parts Ion w/ Ups: 14" Freak w/ .693 and Reball Inserts, Silver Smart Parts Body, Extreme Rage Twistlock Feedneck, Clippard QEV, ****** Eyes (Green), CP Reg, CP Roller Trigger, NDZ Rail, NDZ On/Off w/ Bleed, Scenario Dreams Ion T-Board w/ Membrane Pad, Tech-T L7 Bolt, Orange Ball Detents, ****** Easy On/Off Button, and Contract Killer Grips.

My Feedback > +2/-0

Free, quick, and easy money!
Old 07-08-2009, 01:52 PM #24
flarkey25
Raging Weasel

Whats the deal with the on-site camping? I'd really like like to play this with a group of friends but we're all broke college kids and trying to keep it as cheap as possible... If it comes down to it we'll sleep in cars if we have to, haha.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:33 PM #25
DLSPaintball
Team Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by flarkey25 View Post
Whats the deal with the on-site camping? I'd really like like to play this with a group of friends but we're all broke college kids and trying to keep it as cheap as possible... If it comes down to it we'll sleep in cars if we have to, haha.
There's only one campsite left and it's $100. It's definitely cheaper to sleep in cars, but maybe not as comfortable. You can get a hotel room for $65 with the Monster Game discount.
Smart Parts Ion w/ Ups: 14" Freak w/ .693 and Reball Inserts, Silver Smart Parts Body, Extreme Rage Twistlock Feedneck, Clippard QEV, ****** Eyes (Green), CP Reg, CP Roller Trigger, NDZ Rail, NDZ On/Off w/ Bleed, Scenario Dreams Ion T-Board w/ Membrane Pad, Tech-T L7 Bolt, Orange Ball Detents, ****** Easy On/Off Button, and Contract Killer Grips.

My Feedback > +2/-0

Old 07-08-2009, 04:22 PM #26
tjs0349
Tim

Annual Supporting Member
tjs0349 is playing at Living Legends VII
tjs0349 supports Empire
You can also camp at Bruin Lake (about 20 minutes away) for like $28 a night.

They have electricity on all the sites and modern bathroom facilities with private showers and hot water.

http://www.michigandnr.com/parksandt...=194&type=SPCG
Old 07-09-2009, 12:32 PM #27
HxCpaintball9

HxCpaintball9 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i kno this doesnt really fit in here, but if u register on friday, can u just chrono, then play on sat and sunday?
Old 07-09-2009, 03:24 PM #28
tjs0349
Tim

Annual Supporting Member
tjs0349 is playing at Living Legends VII
tjs0349 supports Empire
Yes. You can take care of your registration/check-in and buy paint on Friday, and then all you have to do on Sat and Sun is chrono.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:50 PM #29
TmfO
Team BIO HAZARD

You will have to crono both days before getting on the field
Old 07-10-2009, 08:03 AM #30
backinaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by TmfO View Post
You will have to crono both days before getting on the field
That is sort of silly. As anyone, at an event of that size, without any real effort could change their setting after they have been chrono'd. The whole point is just to keep honest folks in compliance. Those folks could just as well keep their setting from a Friday night chrono and be fine. As I sure many honest folks (I do) self-chrono once in a while throughout the day.

Probably insurance and/or "perception" that makes them do it both days before the start.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:14 AM #31
TmfO
Team BIO HAZARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by backinaction View Post
That is sort of silly. As anyone, at an event of that size, without any real effort could change their setting after they have been chrono'd. The whole point is just to keep honest folks in compliance. Those folks could just as well keep their setting from a Friday night chrono and be fine. As I sure many honest folks (I do) self-chrono once in a while throughout the day.

Probably insurance and/or "perception" that makes them do it both days before the start.
Sure you could and alot of guns like my droid and timmy dont change normally after set but some do. Plus I believe most big/scenerio game producers also have moble crono stations roaming around doing random checks to keep people honest....bottom line is if you want to shoot hot you will find a way to try it but beware of the crono police and the guy you shoot that comes looking for the hot gun...we have a guy on our team the is 6'-7" tall 280 pounds...you dont want to be on the recieving end of a beat down..lol.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:05 AM #32
shocker-1

Also you are supposed to be able to fill your tanks on Friday but they have never had the fill booths open as advertised. So be prepared to fill on Saturday morning.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:58 AM #33
flarkey25
Raging Weasel

Thanks for the help guys!
Old 07-10-2009, 10:18 AM #34
DLSPaintball
Team Breakout

Just get up early Sat to fill and chrono, no big deal. If they have the chrono sitting by the insertion point like usual, I try to chrono everytime I go in. They have mobile chrono refs that roam the fields randomly checking players.

My Feedback > +2/-0

Old 07-10-2009, 05:43 PM #35
TmfO
Team BIO HAZARD

What time can you air up and crono on Sat morning?
Old 07-11-2009, 01:08 AM #36
AmazingBilldo
I..... win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TmfO View Post
Plus I believe most big/scenerio game producers also have moble crono stations roaming around doing random checks to keep people honest...
they will be roaming here, that is for sure. and they keep paint handy, just in case they want to test you, and you are out minor violations are usually just waived, with the premise you rechrono. anything major usually results in a punch or punches in your name card. 3 strikes, your out. they wont screw around
Old 07-13-2009, 09:21 AM #37
shocker-1

The Chrono station and air-fill open up at 7 AM I believe. The longer you wait the longer the line. Especially if you wait until Saturday to get paint or register. That registration line on Saturday is ridiculous.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:38 PM #38
DLSPaintball
Team Breakout

Yes, EVERYTHING opens at 7AM on Saturday. They have a wake up call at 6AM for those camping so you have time to wake up and get your coffee so you're not a zombie.

As for chrono speeds. You must chrono at 289FPS at the chrono station and the roaming radar police allow up to 300FPS. If you're over 289FPS, but below 300FPS, you have to rechrono. Over 300FPS gets you a punch on your tag.

My Feedback > +2/-0

Old 07-17-2009, 11:20 PM #39
deltaopsbud

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSPaintball View Post
Yes, EVERYTHING opens at 7AM on Saturday. They have a wake up call at 6AM for those camping so you have time to wake up and get your coffee so you're not a zombie.

As for chrono speeds. You must chrono at 289FPS at the chrono station and the roaming radar police allow up to 300FPS. If you're over 289FPS, but below 300FPS, you have to rechrono. Over 300FPS gets you a punch on your tag.
it actually depends, i was an insertion ref at global, if you were over 289 but under 300 we took your chrono tag. if you have hpa, over 300 got you a punch. if you had co2, over 320 got you a punch. either way, check yourself throughout the day so you dont get punched. also if people say they think someone is shooting hot in a certain area, they wont hesitate to send a ref with a chrono to check on the field.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:27 AM #40
hurricane68
Paintball for life

hurricane68 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaopsbud View Post
it actually depends, i was an insertion ref at global, if you were over 289 but under 300 we took your chrono tag. if you have hpa, over 300 got you a punch. if you had co2, over 320 got you a punch. either way, check yourself throughout the day so you dont get punched. also if people say they think someone is shooting hot in a certain area, they wont hesitate to send a ref with a chrono to check on the field.
Good, its a really smart thing to do...you would have to be a little retarded to not know people are shooting hot! Like when all the paint is bouncing infront of you then one stream screams by you like the guy was 30ft away...

Fortitudine Vincimus
Never the good son
Dance with the delusional angels of sin
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
Old 07-18-2009, 06:14 PM #41
AmazingBilldo
I..... win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane68 View Post
Good, its a really smart thing to do...you would have to be a little retarded to not know people are shooting hot! Like when all the paint is bouncing infront of you then one stream screams by you like the guy was 30ft away...
kinda hard to tell where it came from if you have your head down........
Old 07-19-2009, 07:48 AM #42
steve_81
Paintballing since 1996

steve_81 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocker-1 View Post
Also you are supposed to be able to fill your tanks on Friday but they have never had the fill booths open as advertised. So be prepared to fill on Saturday morning.
Or fill your tanks before the event...so it is one less hassle. The only thing I have to do Saturday morning is wait for the chrono area to open. Once thats done just kick back until the game starts.