PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-13-2009, 01:38 PM #1
Meme@giantpaintball
Information Czar

SC Village Forum Rules and Regulations

Theres a new sheriff in this sub-forum, and I don't take kindly to the kind of silliness that often runs rapid in these here parts.

In all seriousness though, we're starting to set up some solid rules and regulations to help us better serve you, and to keep you from flaming me.

- While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
- Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or the such.
- Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
- Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
- While we are quite happy to have constructive comparative conversations about competitors, we will not tolerate blatant adverts or the sort of 'ooh look, yet another paintball field' threads.
- We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
- Lets keep on topic areas on topic. If we have enough friends OTs are fine, but lets keep those separate, yet equal.

Remember, post early and post often.

A proper introduction
Hello out there in PbNation land! We at SC Village are trying to make a better experience for you, the player. To make that happen I, Meme, have been given great power, and great responsibility. Actually they just asked me to make a new PbN account and to be a lesion between owners and players, but the other sounds better. I'm here to answer questions and hear comments and concerns, not read about how many chicks you had 'relations' with and get flamed like a bonfire.

Why would they ask a little girl to do this kind of a job?
I've been playing for almost 10 years, and have worked for the NPPL, PSP, APPA, Paintball Sports Magazine and SPLAT Magazine. Oh and they hope you won't be mean enough to make me cry.... I'm not holding my breath on that one.

I want to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly. Use this space to help me to help you!

www.GIANTPAINTBALL.com
www.HOLLYWOODSPORTS.com
www.SCVILLAGE.com

Last edited by Meme@giantpaintball : 07-13-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Meme@giantpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-13-2009, 05:58 PM #2
david@giantpaintball
Stupidy & Brilliance Meet

david@giantpaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
A brief Introduction about myself; my name is David Siqueiros; I have been playing paintball for about 10 years. Starting from the days of Brass eagle stingrays, I have witnessed the curious evolution of paintball and have been sucked into the sport indefinitely. I love the sport and strive to help our growing hobby in any way possible. Lets work together to build our community and watch it grow.

My position at Giant Paintball Parks is Head Nerd. I handle all IT and computer related issues for all of our locations. I am also the main graphic designer and am responsible for all print and web media for all of our events, promotions and paintball parks. In addition to the above, I handle all of our websites and web marketing tools. Now this is a ton of work for one man to handle. So recently staff has been hired to help take some of the items off my plate. Meme has been instructed to go ahead and help me handle all of your questions and answers. Of course I will still be here, we will both be serving the wonderful paintball community. I urge you to keep asking legimate questions and have common courtesy and respect. We will in turn answer your questions to the best of our abilities.

http://www.forgottenmusemedia.com

"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." -John F. Kennedy

Last edited by david@giantpaintball : 07-14-2009 at 02:07 AM.
david@giantpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:36 PM #3
Hav0c
Ninja

Hav0c plays in the PSP
Hav0c owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Hav0c is an NCPA National Champion
Hav0c plays in the APPA D3 division
Nice to see SC takes player opinions seriously enough to devote you time to listening. I love the direction SC's been going lately and will continue to play there every weekend
Jordan Tsai #10
Cal State Long Beach Paintball
NCPA Class A National Champions 2011-2012

Play Beginner 3-man in the Beach Series! Hosted by CSULB
Hav0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:49 PM #4
lalo@giantpaintball

I would like to add its not only S.C. Village but HSP, and all Giant paintball parks. That have and have always put the player first. Keep your comments and concerns comming. This is the only way we here at the parks can better your experience. And further our ever growing sport.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:42 PM #5
nealm

nealm supports Cereal Killerz 2
hsp has never put the players first...

hsp =

[Captain Oring]

nealm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:03 AM #6
krewkillaspanky
9K Racing

ya David is mad legit. he actually talks to people xD

<3 u david!
krewkillaspanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:42 AM #7
nealm

nealm supports Cereal Killerz 2
i love how hsp is giving out free pases so you will come back in september because they aren't making any money anymore

[Captain Oring]

Last edited by nealm : 07-31-2009 at 11:44 AM.
nealm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:17 PM #8
Matt@giantpaintball
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nealm View Post
i love how hsp is giving out free pases so you will come back in september because they aren't making any money anymore
HSP is actually doing pretty darn good for themselves. They have an event/venue going on almost everyday.
Matt@giantpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 08:46 PM #9
Corey@giantpaintball

Yeah Matt is right. Just last weekend SC Village had to send refs to HSP because they had so many groups scheduled. Im not sure were you are getting your information but I think you have been misinformed.
Corey@giantpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 04:27 PM #10
socaler
lol

HSP Paint policy makes me cry.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:06 PM #11
Matt@giantpaintball

Friday Nights have always been BYOP nights!
Old 10-29-2009, 02:02 AM #12
JD9940
Forever an AA's Fan

JD9940 supports Cereal Killerz 2
JD9940 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
JD9940 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
JD9940 plays in the APPA D4 division
JD9940 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by socaler View Post
HSP Paint policy makes me cry.
can anyone post the hsp paint policy???

i know that it's usually HPO but are there any BYOP days?

Action Star Games
JD9940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:08 PM #13
Matt@giantpaintball

Fridays are always BYOP days at HSP.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:32 AM #14
Pineke

can someone tell me if me and my team can play at hsps speedball field in the back on sundays? cause im tired of playing in the hyperball field, its gay!
Pineke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:38 AM #15
kirby420pm

Angry Hsp

Guys who ever manages hollywood park please please change ur policy on paint i would go more often if that were to change also some of my buddies feel the same way i enjoy ur park but dont like ur paint policy. thank u
kirby420pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 04:34 PM #16
imabeast
BEASTLY BEAST THE THIRD

SC is good in all but WAYYYYYYY to crouded
Old 04-12-2010, 02:35 PM #17
Demboys28

Hollywood park u have to pay for their paint, correct? I've never been to sc village probrably goin next week I can't wait
Demboys28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:14 PM #18
Nicole@HSP

Nicole@HSP is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demboys28 View Post
Hollywood park u have to pay for their paint, correct? I've never been to sc village probrably goin next week I can't wait
yes at hsp it iis bring your own paint
www.PaintballPark.name

Get a Hollywood Sports Membership and Save Money! Email Nicole at Nicole.Belanger@HollywoodSports.com
Nicole@HSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:11 PM #19
samoan baller

Okay, help me with understanding this new rule of "bounces count!" This is paintball, not airsoft. Hence the name "paint-ball." The ball is made to break on an opposing player, leaving a mark of paint to clearly show the elimination. Paintball "markers" are used to propell this paint, not paintball "bouncing" devices. Now granted, some paint/shells are harder than others. Hot weather also affects this.

The paint that your fields sell is not high quality (maybe other than SC Evil). If newer people are complaining about the paint bouncing and you have to implement this rule to sell paint, its not right. You will never get an experieced player complaining about shooting your paint and it not breaking. Why? Because, they dont buy it. They buy better grades of paint at a more resonable price. I am glad that SC allows and other Giant locations allows outside paint and I am glad that you make paint available to purchase, but you can't implement a rule that takes away from the game. Bounces have always been a part of organized paintball. Gio and Dennis both know this.

Now i'm not complaing about shooting your paint, i am complaining about the rule of being called out on a bounce. How are your reffs going to make a ruling on someone if they were bounced? Are they going to take the word of the player calling for the "bounce check?" Automatically pulling someone from a game, unless they clearly see it happening. It is clear as day now or was, if there is a paintmark w/shell on the person, they are out. How are you judging bounces. If I say, "hey reff check that guy, I bounced him on the chest two times," are you gonna pull him? See, where does it end?

PAINTBALL is just that, PAINTBALL. The only person that this rule may benifit is SC Village. They dont have to look for a new paint company to supply their paint and can continue to have the same deal selling whatever they use. Beginner players will not come up to staff and complain that the paint isn't breaking, because bounces now count.

It is bad enough playing all these "Call of Duty" based games, when I come to just play regular elimination or capture the flag games. Refferes are even calling the fields "maps", just like the video game.

If you plan on enforcing these rules, leave for the beginner groups or if private group wants this rule. Intermediate or Advanced/Experience groups can do without it. It feels like they (whoever made this rule) are trying to make this more like airsoft. These are two different games.

SC Village used to be more of a fun place to play. You can rarely get the refferees to do back to back games. Especially when you walk out to Baghdad, Kuwait or any field for that matter. If you are reffing an intermidate to advance group, part of that perk for playing in that group should be to play more games a day. I used to have 12 games in before lunch break back in the days. Now the reffs take 5-15 minute breaks before starting the next game.

I dont even want to get into the new 2013 rule of using a dead rag. That is also a joke. Holding up a rag above your head is not going to stop paintballs from hitting you. If you are slow about getting out or play on, you will get shot....even with a rag. You are never going to be able to stop that aspect in paintball. yes, you may be able to minimize it, but a rag is no different then a hand or gun up. The problem is that too many people play on or take a long time to get out (opposing team thinks you are still in). Its that simple!

I have been playing at your fields for more than 25 years. For the field who created the "speedball concept" and is know as the "world famous Sat Cong Village," this sure feels like a step backwards.

"sorry if this is in the wrong section. i havent been on here in years. Since SC supposibly listens to their players who pay membership fees and bring in other players, I felt maybe they will see this!"

AGGRAVATED ASSAULT
www.ccpaintballonline

Last edited by samoan baller : 07-31-2012 at 10:24 PM. Reason: possibly wrong section
samoan baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:16 PM #20
Hibiki54

Hibiki54 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Hibiki54 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I totally agree with the above post.

I have been playing paintball for well over 20 years and going on an off to SCV for the longest time, on and off for a couple years here and there. I've seen all the changes the park has gone through, when the older arenas were added in and when 10man tournaments were held in the backwoods fields.

I have heard of many rules for paintball, but the "bounces count" rule just takes the cake. It's stupid. Why even play paintball or invest hundreds of dollars into the sport if you are going to implement rules like this? Maybe it will start a trend at the next PSP, NPPL or Living Legends when bounces count. Hell, Pro Players might even start playing honorable when they catch all those bounces running off the break during World Cup. The rule is a joke. Throw it out along with the dead rag rule, or keep it only for beginners, which the staff supposedly "regulates".

Let paintball be paintball.
Hibiki54 is offline   Reply With Quote