Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-05-2009, 11:48 AM #43
komodo_117
Plague Upon Your Hissing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando, raider from mx View Post
oh wait i mean rock and rap are opposites so yes
I'm pretty sure he didn't mean rap...more along the lines of forceful sexual assault.

Oh wait, same thing.

They rip their skin off and rape anything in sight. Basically a Shel Silverstein poem."

Steam - BabyHands
komodo_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2009, 11:50 AM #44
Ando, raider from mx (Banned)

\m/
Ando, raider from mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 01:14 PM #45
wavesport001

I do think that popular rock is in a downturn right now and that the number of good bands is low, but there are some out there. Coldplay, Green Day and Disturbed are making some good tunes. The new "classic rock" is actually a mix of the 70's 80's and 90's music. Look for a paradigm shift in the next 5 - 10 years when the kids who grew up on grunge start listening to adult contemporary and tune out rock stations entirely.

Personally I prefer classic rock/grunge/metal to most of todays music because I can't stand most of the punk/hardcore/emo **** that has been released in the last 10 years.

"it really doesnt matter what you say on here. if there was truly evidence, it would come from a professor, not from a member on pbnation.com." - Anonymous poster
wavesport001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 02:52 PM #46
butthead 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFunk View Post
dude i listen to deeper music than anything youve ever even heard of before.
And that would be???
butthead 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 06:55 PM #47
NHMMIXCI

do you feel like i do, frampton, talk box solo, need i say more
NHMMIXCI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:07 PM #48
shiboboo
It's Good to be the King

has been a member for 10 years
Pretty much all I listen to. Elton John, Billy Joel, Steely Dan, Tom Petty, The Police, The Doors, Pink Floyd, Steve Miller Band, Neil Young, Genesis, etc. 60's and 70's are my main decades of music to listen to.

Black to Blue Cobra G7
shiboboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:11 PM #49
TheLastEmperor (Banned)

Just finished listening to Houses of the Holy, that and Physical Graffiti are definitely my favorite Zep albums.
TheLastEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:15 PM #50
ISmokeIce
Postmodern Sophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando, raider from mx View Post
"classic rock" isn't half as ambiguous as "jazz" or "metal" so idk what you're on about

it's all music, let's not overlabel things
If I listen to metal or jazz, I know what I'm listening to. If I'm listening to music and someone calls it classic rock, I'm not sure what they're referring to.
"No passion is stronger in the breast of man than the desire to make others believe as he believes...It is not the love of truth, but desire to prevail that sets quarter against quarter and makes parish desire the downfall of parish. Each seeks peace of mind and subserviency rather than the triumph of truth and exaltation of virtue-- But these moralities belong, and should be left to the historian, since they are as dull as ditch water" - Orlando: A Biography
ISmokeIce is offline   Reply With Quote