Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-08-2009, 05:56 PM #1
blooddrunk

Cool My take on the EOS

Starting off, I got an EOS very cheap back in 2008. It appeared to be a good gun and, at the time, all the reviews were +. After shooting it as a backup gun for about 1.5 years here is my take on it:

First impression: I really like how smart parts did the body. It is fairly small if not a little bit heavy but has a nice feel to it. Definintely a ton of weight was reduced from the epiphany. IMO the short macroline from the bottom of the reg really puts it out of the way. The freak Jr. really fits with the curves of the gun and just gives it an overall sexy appearance. Bolt out Back gives it an easy dissassembly. The on/off ASA is also nice

This is what I found while shooting it:
The trigger: sucks. Of course trigger is a matter of opinion however it has an extremely hard pull. I can walk my stock marq rapper trigger fairly proficiently at about 17-18 bps however i have trouble surpassing 12 on the eos. IMO trigger upgrade is necessary.
The board: where to start...piece of s***. About a week after I bought the gun, sum1 was using it and pushed the on-button too hard. This caused the button to break off the board where it was soldered. I thought about soldering and gluing it myself but thought since it was a new gun I should get it professionaly fixed. I sent the gun back to smart parts and...get this...they took 1.5 months to fix it and sent it back with the eye-connector broken completely off of the board. I sent the board back with a nice note and told them to fix it. A month later I got the board back...but this time...WITHOUT A CELENOID. I finally said "To H*** with it" and picked up a used celenoid for cheap. But the whole fiasco still cost me many $$$$ in shipping (too many for a high school junior). Anyway even if your stock board works it is still a piece of crap. It is the same board that the ion has (with a different higher pressure celenoid) so it is not tournament legal. I don't know about you but when i pay $350 for a gun i want it to be tournament legal. The board lacks options and is hard to set. To set the rate of fire one must add the delay to the dwell and divide it into a thousand. Even me who is amazing at math does not want to crank out formulas when i'm trying to cap at 10.5BPS. Also, the rate of fire is capped at 17bps. For those that brag about top speed, that is not all that impressive.
The barrel: stock with a freak jr. 14" .693 insert. Its okay. some people swear by the freak but for me I would rather have a one piece 12" .689. Anyway .693 is too big for most paint but it is not that big of a deal.
The reg: max flo is not known for being the best reg but right now my eos is about +-5 with good paint. My friend has an epiphany (basically the same gun) and gets much better consistancy now that he has installed a CP reg. The reg broke right in, however, as the consistancy has been the same since about the second case of paint.
Mechanics. The Epiphany/eos/ion all have basically the same bolt system. The epiph and eos have higher pressure and smaller, adjustable firing chambers. The bolts are interchangeable. The eos comes stock with a firebolt. This bolt is not bad. It is easy on paint and fairly efficient. It would be nice to upgrade to a techt bolt as I have shot an epiphany with a techt and it was amazing. QEV's are a nice cheap upgrade that make a noticeable difference.
Conclusion:
the EOS is definentely not worth 350 or w/e bucks as you must upgrade the board (and the trigger IMO) to have a tournament-worthy gun. In actuality it does not shoot much better that a stock ion, and a fully upped ion will be basically the same as a fully upped EOS. If this gun was 4 sale new at 230$ it would be great.
So if you really love Smart Parts: buy an ion, techt, cp reg, critical trigger,tadao board or save your pennies for a shocker.

Otherwise check out:
DP G3
Mini
PMR
Or there are plenty of used protoge's pm's and etek's on pbnation all of which you can get for about 300-350 if you trust used guns that is.

MARQ RAPPER owns all
CHILDREN OF BODOM
blooddrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2009, 07:03 PM #2
nate4444

I used to be a use defender of the Eos. Its not a bad gun, but I've came to the point where I know its not a high performance tournament gun. The gun is a bit high on price. It more less is a upgrade Ion XE. If you don't want to mess with buying an Ion and upgrading it, just get this gun. If you want a better smarts part tounament gun, just go with the Shocker. Its only a 100 bucks more and is much better. I think they need to drop the price to maybe 300 since it does have all the upgrade parts and maybe they will sell more.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:33 AM #3
nate4444

I reread what you posted and what do you mean that the gun isn't tournament legal. This was taken off of Action village.

Quote:
Unique rapid-charge, low volume fire chamber and volume control inserts makes the EOS deliver high-end tournament level performance, protected from distance-robbing shoot down even at the highest rates of fire
Vision anti chop technology combined with fast and simple single tool disassembly of the entire bolt and valve system gives the EOS the reliability and fast turn around time needed in the staging pits of today's tournaments.
Weight (marker only): 2 lbs. 3 oz.
Length (w/out barrel): 8.4 in.
Operating Pressure: 280psi
Gas Source: HPA or CO2
Anti-Chop System: Break Beam Vision
Trigger Pivot: Conical Mounted Bearing
Ball Detent: Dual rubber style
Semi auto, rebound, 3 round burst (10bps max), full auto, (10bps max)
Max Rate of fire: 17bps
Field legal mode lock
Runs on one 9 volt battery
Smart Parts On/Off ASA
Includes Freak Jr. three piece 14 inch barrel
Feedneck: Vertical Q-Lock/NXT thread
Lightweight alloy grip frame/body
Old 05-11-2009, 09:05 PM #4
blooddrunk

O thanks for pointing out the error. I guess technically the board is pretty much tournament legal. I guess a better term would be "not tornament ready." The main point that I am trying to make with this statement is that it does not have any tornament modes such as psp. And it is nearly impossible to cap accurately as I state in my review. If someone with an EOS goes in a psp tournament, he will find himself forced to shoot semi-auto which will put him at a disadvantage. I guess the main reason I made that statement is that the field in our town does not let people with stock ion boards compete in psp events.

I am sorry for making that error. Thanks for being cool about it though. I am not trying to make anyone mad, just trying to give you my view on why this gun is not worth the money.
blooddrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:16 AM #5
nate4444

Its not that hard to set your bps. The chart is on the back page of your manual. It only took me a few minutes to change it.

As for ramping, the board will ramp. Its called rebound though. It still shoots what you set your bps at so you don't have to play in semi only at tournaments. I'm not sure where you got that idea. It just don't have all the modes the other guns have. To me, this is the worse part of the Eos. Smart parts uses this type of board on all thier guns, even the shocker. Shockers are used alot in the psp events so I don't know why your field won't let you use the same type of board. Its a cheap board so thats why smart parts uses it. It don't matter to me because I don't play in tournaments that have ramping so the board is fine with me.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:05 PM #6
BELOWZERO
2JZGTE POWERED

Annual Supporting Member
BELOWZERO is playing at Living Legends V
BELOWZERO is playing at Living Legends VI
BELOWZERO owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
BELOWZERO supports Team VICIOUS
BELOWZERO plays in the APPA D4 division
BELOWZERO is Legendary
BELOWZERO is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate4444 View Post
Its not that hard to set your bps. The chart is on the back page of your manual. It only took me a few minutes to change it.

As for ramping, the board will ramp. Its called rebound though. It still shoots what you set your bps at so you don't have to play in semi only at tournaments. I'm not sure where you got that idea. It just don't have all the modes the other guns have. To me, this is the worse part of the Eos. Smart parts uses this type of board on all thier guns, even the shocker. Shockers are used alot in the psp events so I don't know why your field won't let you use the same type of board. Its a cheap board so thats why smart parts uses it. It don't matter to me because I don't play in tournaments that have ramping so the board is fine with me.
actually the new 09 shockers have a much better board in them

MUST STOP GUN BEING A GUN WHORE
FOR ALL YOUR BOBLONG NEEDS PM TIM2THOUSAND4
Field of Dreams
900-999-999
BELOWZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:39 PM #7
lemminy

i have a eos and its ok the board on it is junk thats pretty mutch the only thing u need to upgrade if u start upgrading the bolt and qev u mess with the sleeve insert system that i was desined to use
lemminy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 04:24 PM #8
afs333 (Banned)

http://www.myyshop.com
HOT SELL:Ed hardy/lacoste/polo/ca/A&F Tshirt :$12
coach/gucci/lv/ed hardy/D&G/Fendi handbag :$35
nike jordan(1-24)/jordan ring/nike shox/air max/af1/Dunk :$32
lv/ed hardy/gucci/coach/lacoste/timbland :$35
gucci/ed hardy/coogi/evisu/prada jeans:$30
New era/gucci/ed hardy cap:$13
Okely/gucci/D&G/fendi/coach/armani sunglass:$15
ED HARDY (items) $13
nike shoes:$32,jeans:$30,ed hardy,tshirts:$12,NLF:$20,coach handbags:$35,ugg boots:$50

http://www.myyshop.com
afs333 is offline   Reply With Quote