Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-01-2009, 02:58 PM #1
pfaiazza

quest trigger adjustment

huge noob here, having trouble with the adjustment on my quest, how do i set the trigger to need like less of a pull to fire, right now it seems like the trigger is really off and its making it pretty hard to shoot fast... like it seems like the trigger has to come back pretty far before u can press it again

how do i fix

thanks
pfaiazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-01-2009, 03:22 PM #2
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

has been a member for 10 years
Does your trigger have a set screw above the post travel screw? If not, you're missing a screw. If it does, adjust that screw in so it contacts the micro switch sooner.
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:37 AM #3
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
I'd approach things slightly differently, as if you follow the directions above, you are using the microswitch to stop the travel of the trigger, and over time, you can damage the switch.

Briefly, it is worth mentioning the available trigger adjustments - this is assuming you have the stock trigger.

You have one trigger stop screw through the top of the trigger, a microswitch actuation point adjustment screw through the back of the trigger (top screw), and rear trigger stop through the back of the trigger (bottom screw).

The screw in the top of the trigger is described in the manual as being a return force adjustment, and that is vaguely true in an indirect sense - by changing the angle of the trigger, it could be argued that leverage has changed, and hence the force required to pull the trigger has changed. However, you aren't actually changing the distance between the screw and the magnet, so the actual force of attraction between the screw and magnet remains the same. In practical terms, it's adjusting the starting point of the trigger in it's arc of movement, so I would describe it as a front trigger stop.

Having got that out of the way, here's what I would do.

Initially, back out the witch actuation screw - don't want to risk crushing your switch while you are tinkering with the trigger stops. I would then adjust the front trigger stop to get the trigger positioned where you want your trigger pull to start. Then adjust the rear trigger stop to set your overall trigger pull length. Finally, adjust the actuation screw so that the marker fires at the point in the trigger pull that you prefer. I like a little overtravel, so I normally set the firing point 2/3-3/4 through the pull.

Again, having set your firing point - and particularly if you have a fair amount of overtravel - be careful to ensure that the trigger is stopped by rear trigger stop rather than hitting microswitch.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:30 PM #4
pfaiazza

thanks!
pfaiazza is offline   Reply With Quote