Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-11-2009, 09:02 PM #22
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromage_redux View Post
To say that just because it's not in the south it can't be "real" is rediculous. What if a southern bbq moved to NY and opened house? Would it be different? No. These people got the secret down, and improved on it. Talking to southeners is like smashing your head into a brick wall.
Couldn't agree more.
Advertisement
Old 06-13-2009, 04:41 AM #23
XxHat3d1xX
C-C-C-Christmas

XxHat3d1xX is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
XxHat3d1xX supports Team VICIOUS
I cook better meat.
Old 06-13-2009, 04:54 AM #24
Marko34256

Marko34256 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Marko34256 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Get off your high horse guys, just because it's in the north doesnt mean they don't know what the **** they are doing. I know you guys cling so hard to having the best barbeque, because if you don't have that what are you known for? Calling soda coke and rodeos?

To say Dinosaur BBQ is not legit without having tried it is ignorant, I have family in WV, North and South Carolina, and a great aunt in tennessee and the BBQ down there was great, but not as good as Dinosaur BBQ.
to say dinosaur bbq is some of the best bbq in the nation is ignorant.

i have no problem admitting it's legit, but being one of the best? i highly doubt it.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:40 AM #25
calvman
Clickety screeeee

Annual Supporting Member
calvman is a Mega Moderator
calvman is a Supporting Member
calvman is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
To say that just because it's not in the south it can't be "real" is rediculous. What if a southern bbq moved to NY and opened house? Would it be different? No. These people got the secret down, and improved on it. Talking to southeners is like smashing your head into a brick wall.
Easy now. Nothing wrong with Southerners. I know plenty of Southerners and like any group of people you meet, there are good, bad and of course the ugly. Just as many hard headed Yankees as there are Southerners.

I do agree the BBQ at Dinosaurs is legit. I wouldn't say I'm a Southerner, but I did live in the deep South for 4 years. And had quite a healthy share of pulled pork sandwiches, ribs, fried greens, and greens. One of my favorite places to eat was a meat and three. Not that I'm some expert, but I do enjoy food and of Southern cooking, I'm a fan.

When I moved to Rochester, the first thing I did was look for someplace that had a decent pulled pork sandwich. I expected to be disappointed. Instead I was quite surprised to find the meat to be every bit as good as the BBQ I had in the South. Smokey, tender, juicy.

The only thing I found lacking at Dinosaur was their sauce. All of it comes from factory packaged bottles. Granted it was Dinosaur branded sauce, but I felt it didn't compare to the homemade sauces I had in Alabama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko34256 View Post
to say dinosaur bbq is some of the best bbq in the nation is ignorant.

i have no problem admitting it's legit, but being one of the best? i highly doubt it.
When it comes to best, it's all a matter of opinion. To him, it might just be. Who's to say he's wrong or right?

"Always buy the biggest bottle."

ASM|macroline guy|BPP|DAB Photo|Inception|Powered by EXALT
calvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:26 PM #26
Resolve
in fear and faith

I've had BBQ in NY one time, forget where it was, but it was DELICIOUS.
Resolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:31 PM #27
undirected (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by licence_to_kill View Post
North Carolina =/= south
undirected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:40 PM #28
HashbrownsSCCD (Banned)

LOL. No. Come on down to North Georgia, I'll show you some good BBQ. Yes I have been to dinos. Not to mention, we in GA ( And only in GA) serve brunswick stew.
HashbrownsSCCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:04 AM #29
XLoser Townie GuyX

XLoser Townie GuyX is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HashbrownsSCCD View Post
LOL. No. Come on down to North Georgia, I'll show you some good BBQ. Yes I have been to dinos. Not to mention, we in GA ( And only in GA) serve brunswick stew.
i would die for some bruswick stew right now, damn you for bringing it up, soo damn good.

Cocker,14" Kaner,Sonic reg(red),Palmer ram,Dye 4-way,Shocktech Bolt,Rat 2,kapp front block(crome),kapp dragon backblock,(crome),benchmark 45 frame, triger pants(red).
XLoser Townie GuyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:15 PM #30
pbplayer23

Dino BBQ is a hell of a place to goto. Not just for the food, but for the atmosphere. Its just a cool place.
pbplayer23 is offline   Reply With Quote