PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-15-2009, 09:45 PM #22
SpecialK79
Kevin-Osborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjs0349 View Post
If it was that bad fresh, I would hate to shoot it after it has been sitting for a while...
maybe you should stay away from D-Day...it seems like every post you have made has been negative

Jolly Green tournament & scenario team
OK D-Day German 709
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-15-2009, 10:55 PM #23
CamoJoe
Cheating Must Stop

CamoJoe donated to help Peyton Trent
Very few problems with the paint. Played all week and kept it cool and did not fill my pods tight like I saw a lot of people doing which makes for oval paint. On Sat a few problems with some pods that i had on all day but overall i was happy.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:05 PM #24
JollyGreen
Guns, Guitars n G-Strings

My hopper jammed on occasion, but the paint shot fine for me.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:13 PM #25
keithelm

the paint was not that great this year. when i pored the paint out of my pod they came out in a huge grape cluster, ALL STUCK TOGETHER, I was shooting with a Roter and it jammed up over and over again, this turned the night game into a nightmare.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:16 PM #26
paintballskaguy
Quiet Bear

paintballskaguy supports Cereal Killerz 2
paintballskaguy donated to help Peyton Trent
really?? how were you storing your paint? were you pouring water into your hopper???????

Feedback
Old 06-16-2009, 08:08 AM #27
BIGHONKEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarpaxton View Post
for the record jt didnt set the prices

and thanks for the compliment we tried
I figured it was a joint effort but didn't know you guys had no input. My bad dawg.

Yeah you guys were awesome.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:08 PM #28
Buckfrenzy
Turtle Force

Buckfrenzy plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballskaguy View Post
really?? how were you storing your paint? were you pouring water into your hopper???????
I had the grape cluster thing happen a few times during the week, but once I packed my pods looser than I normally do, it never happened.

I was taking my stuff out of air conditioning right before game time. This year was way more humid than most years I have been to DDay, and I thought the paint performed well considering.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:26 PM #29
Kahnif

I did find a grape cluster on the ground. During unit training I picked up a big cluster of paint stuck together and could hold it up by one ball and it probably had 60-70 paintballs stuck to it. I doubt this paint was made June 3rd.. there wouldn't have been those stains on the bottoms of paintballs from sitting for so long if it was made so fresh.

To double check the same fill/shell I went downstairs and got the bag and a half of paintballs left over from Black Hawk Down. Cracked one open and yes same fill and shell. I've been flipping them every other day so the bottom wouldn't stain and get oblong and they still look fresh and new.

Last edited by Kahnif : 06-16-2009 at 12:31 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:05 PM #30
tjs0349
Tim

Annual Supporting Member
tjs0349 is playing at Living Legends VII
tjs0349 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialK79 View Post
maybe you should stay away from D-Day...it seems like every post you have made has been negative
In regards to the paint this year, yes all of my opinions will be negative as I thought it was horrible. In regards to anything else I have not made one negative remark. Despite the paint problems that it seems most people were having as evidenced by the numerous posts by others, I had a great time and will be back again next year. My hope is that by voicing my opinion about the paint, they will do something about it for next year and then I won't have anything to complain about. I understand that the people involved in D-day work very hard and it is a HUGE undertaking, but improvements can ALWAYS be made. And it is in their best interest to make improvements. It will only increase customer satisfaction, loyalty, and draw new players. The only way they can make improvements is if we tell them what was done wrong. In my opinion the only major problem this year was the paint. And if you read into what I said about D-day being a huge undertaking, and that the paint is the only problem, that means I think a lot was done right.

If you can't deal with people posting constructive criticism, maybe you should stay away from PBNation.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:12 PM #31
tjs0349
Tim

Annual Supporting Member
tjs0349 is playing at Living Legends VII
tjs0349 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyGreen View Post
My hopper jammed on occasion, but the paint shot fine for me.
I agree, it shot fine for me and didn't chop when I could get it out of my hopper. Problem was it jammed high end hoppers a lot. If had brought a revy with me I would have used it. That would have been a funny sight though, a Vice with a revy on it LOL.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:17 PM #32
polarpaxton
WooPig

polarpaxton plays in the PSP
polarpaxton plays in the MiLP
polarpaxton helped look for balloons
polarpaxton is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahnif View Post
I doubt this paint was made June 3rd.. there wouldn't have been those stains on the bottoms of paintballs from sitting for so long if it was made so fresh.
ur right... i only handed out every single case of paint... what would i know
NCPA AllStars Lifetime member
Marine T-Shirts, help support USMC paintball in 2015
APL
Old 06-16-2009, 07:03 PM #33
tgibbs

The paint shot very well and broke great!! BUT it was very oily and in some cases very soft and was jamming in the feedneck of my Pinokio, I shot almost 4 cases of this stuff and to be honest it was not the same quality as the Draxus paint in years past The staff and JT need to address this for next year, I have played this game for the last 6 years and have never had the issues we had this year...
Old 06-16-2009, 10:05 PM #34
dozer899

I had SOME issues but I shot over 2 cases and didn't have any more than I would have expected.

I took quit a few bounces though & found it to not fly all that good from my marker. But I shoot a APEX and it's not much for accuracy anyway; more of a spray and pray sort of shooter.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:08 PM #35
dooleyksig

I shot 4 cases on Saturday and had 1 or 2 jams in my hopper due to the humid weather but all of the paint shot straight and I was killing people all day long.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:40 AM #36
Wrongway

has been a member for 10 years
I have never been to a event where the people didnt complain about the paint, i mean its paint in a ball.......moisture, heat, and natural elements will have an effect on all paint no matter what kind it is. I personally think the paint was great, yea i used a empire loader and i had one jam during the night game. Yea alot of my balls were dempled but they flew straight as can be. overall i was happy with the paint. but thats just my opinion. oh and only 2 breaks through out course of week id say is pretty dam good.

FEEDBACK
Old 06-22-2009, 04:25 PM #37
recite
Ballin for Christ

recite donated to help Peyton Trent
recite supports Team VICIOUS
recite supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahnif View Post
To double check the same fill/shell I went downstairs and got the bag and a half of paintballs left over from Black Hawk Down. Cracked one open and yes same fill and shell. I've been flipping them every other day so the bottom wouldn't stain and get oblong and they still look fresh and new.
I can order a case of marballizer today and it will have the same green swirled shell, and bright green fill as it did when they first started making it in the early/mid 90's.

Just because it looks the same, doesn't mean it was manufactured on the same day.

Preach the gospel at all times and, if necessary, use words.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:45 PM #38
dog soldier 2
Co-Founder

Dog Soldiers had 6 there all firing x7 with freak back, all american 10" barrel, apex tip and tec t squishy pads. We went through 11 cases and did not break 1 ball.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:17 AM #39
Boom Master
Scenario Player

You should have been there the year the truck trailer got dropped a week before the game where it baked in the sun for a week before the game.