Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-22-2009, 08:06 PM #1
ematr1x

Tipman Marker?

I know this is been asked about 10000 Times. I been doing research and i know the differneces between the A-5 and 98 custom. I am thinking 98 custom A.C.T because I dont like the pros Trigger. But could i still put a E-GRIP in the 98 Custom A.C.T?? I dont want an a-5 because the cyclone takes up air and when ur low on air it stops working as well as that i dont think A-5 Has A.C.T.

My question is: Is there a huge difference in the way u can upgrade an 98 custom A.C.T to a 98 custom pro? BEcause I like tipmans that u can upgrade and make look like m4 or sniper and such. People say the externals on an a5 are more upgradable but i dont think so.

So would a 98 Custom A.C.T Be a good gun? And could I upgrade it well AND Does the A.C.T in it work well?

Sorry for the long winded Post here but I am trying to decide. Thanks
ematr1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-22-2009, 08:33 PM #2
Wolfness
The Shaman of Sexy

I used to have an Alpha Black and the cyclone feed didn't eat air, It just uses the extra air. Before the cyclone and after the cyclone i got the same amount of shots with maybe just like 5 differential
Wolfness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:26 AM #3
MoB G3nocid3
Touche

MoB G3nocid3 supports Team VICIOUS
MoB G3nocid3 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MoB G3nocid3 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
You'll never worry about chopping a ball with an A-5...no matter how fast you try and shoot it.

I think...

Edit: Also, depending on where you will be using the marker is key. If you support and play Mil-Sim games or like larger woodsball/scenario games, then the A-5 is the best marker for you. A virtually unlimited amount of marker configurations along with mods/add-ons/upgrades to choose from, including an E-trigger frame, double trigger and low-pressure system so you can run off of low pressure air(which is an awesome thing to have so your marker never freezes and almost everywhere you go to play fills compressed air/nitro).
I had an A-5, and still do actually. I have a Response Trigger, Expansion chamber, and a new barrel and it shoots ropes allllllllllll day long without a hiccup or ball break. Dunked under water for the fun of it, and it still works. After 3 years of once being under water, unlubricated, and tortured for hours on the field, it still works like it did when I first took it out of the box to shoot it in my back yard.
Tippmann makes an amazing product...the choice is yours.

Last edited by MoB G3nocid3 : 06-23-2009 at 12:34 AM.
MoB G3nocid3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:40 PM #4
awakened

awakened has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
awakened has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
i use the tippmann 98 custom with a.c.t. and it is almost the same as the regular in upgrading standards
awakened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:38 PM #5
L337PwNaGe (Banned)
AGGtastic

if you're upgrading and like milsim
get an sp1 or a bt7
L337PwNaGe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:18 PM #6
Hoot213

Hoot213 is playing at Living Legends V
Hoot213 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Hoot213 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Hoot213 supports Pev's Paintball
check out www.a5og.net

Its the ultimate forum based on the A5

www.98og.net is the same thing for the 98C.

Tell em DJ from the X7OG sent ya
Hoot213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:43 AM #7
THE CHAIRMAN

I'd take a 98 over an A5 anyday, it's lighter, more reliable and easier to work with IMO. The Cyclone Feed for the 98/A5/X7 uses only excess air, so no problems with it lowering shot count, especially if you have a QEV/Lightning Rod installed.

Milsim-wise, it is probably easier to mod an A5 as it is already milsimmish looking, and takes more attachments. 98s are supremely upgradeable performance-wise, however.

An E-grip will fit (check your serial number to be sure) but uses a LOT of battery.

At the end of the day, all these upgrades will cost alot. As said before, look into an SP1/Macdev Drone/M-Tac. They will be alot better performing and cost less to reach the same performance.

Dublin WILDFIRE http://forum.teamwildfire.eu/ sponsored by Capital Paintball http://dublinpaintball.ie/
Concept Art and Design
http://www.firewatersun.com/
bitSmith Games
http://www.bitsmithgames.com/
THE CHAIRMAN is offline   Reply With Quote