Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-31-2009, 05:29 PM #1
robertseakykr

Love the size, but...

Bought a Chaser and I love the size compared to other pistols, but this thing chops like a vegomatic. I'm getting an average of one chop per clip.
Anybody from Kingman here?? I'm a little frustrated with this thing.

Another thing, the squeegee is useless without a rag on the end of it...why don't you include a rubber squeegee that fits snug in the bore???
robertseakykr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2009, 01:36 PM #2
John S.

Keep the velocity low, from what I had experienced the paintballs that were included has a formulation that was too brittle. When I did a drop test, the paint was breaking consistently from waist high. I found that setting the velocity between 220 to 230 I was able to shoot the paint without breaking in the pistol and I was still able to get more shots out of the 12 gram because of the lower velocity. The paint was fragile enough that it breaks on clothing with very little bounces even from 25 to 3o feet away.

Make sure you clean the magazine properly because paint residue will slow the push feeder for the paintballs.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:07 PM #3
robertseakykr

Well, I've stopped the chopping, took a little screwing around.

My son has the Chaser now and I bought an Eraser. Out of the box, both markers were shooting ~265 fps! Hmm, the manual claims there set to 220 out of box, and max at 250. I have my velocity adjuster backed right off and I'm still shooting ~235fps!

Even with the lowered velocity and fresh paint I was still getting alot of ball breakage/chops. If you insert a mag with the bolt out, and look through the back, you see quite a bit of the top of the next ball protruding into the chamber. I think the bolt clips the top of the next round and occasionally fractures the seam, and that round then breaks when it's chambered and hit by the bolt.

I took my bolt and slightly chamfered the bottom .
Old 06-24-2009, 08:38 PM #4
John S.

The next paintball to enter the breach shoulddn't be in any danger of cracking the shell since the spring used for the magazine quite light. It has more to do with the formulation of the first batch of paintballs.

Let the paintballs breath and warm up a little and it should give you better results.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:05 PM #5
robertseakykr

No, it's definately clipping the next ball below. I didn't mod my son's bolt and shooting from the same jar, I had no breaks and he was breaking every 2-3 mags. I've now modded his bolt and he hasn't had a break since. I don't see any accuracy or efficiency issues having done it either. Kingman should be doing this at the factory imo.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:49 PM #6
John S.

Sounds like a good find then... I'll try it with mine and find some fragile paint to shoot through it. I'll compare a stock bolt from a modded one.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:56 AM #7
punkroxxorzyou

out of the box my chaser was shoting like 300fps. no joke! chronod it at paintball usa and i turned it down to 250. tho this killed my range & accuracy
punkroxxorzyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:09 PM #8
Noltez
Ψ

Just brought mine home, test fired in back yard. Good range and velocity out of the box, probably about 250. SP-1 was crono'd at 260 at my last game and it's just a HINT faster. Tough to say for sure given the much smaller paint.

Anyway, 3'rd clip chopped a ball, but I shot through it with the last 2 and it still would have been useful at close range. If my next batch of paint doesn't work I'll look at modding the striker.

....▪Young Players "Making Money" FAQ
....▪General Shipping Costs Guide & FAQ
Noltez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:27 PM #9
mexi ca40k
Pump Playa

mexi ca40k is playing at Living Legends V
mexi ca40k is for the Gunfight
mexi ca40k is for the Gunfight
mexi ca40k supports Pev's Paintball
mexi ca40k has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mexi ca40k has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
mexi ca40k is attending Decay of Nations VI
I my chopping issue by pulling the spring in the mags down in the reloading position whenever I'm not using the mags, after a month if that position the spring seems just a tad less strong, maybe a coincidence but I hardly chop anymore.
mexi ca40k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:11 PM #10
The Snakestripe
WhiteTeeGang

The Snakestripe plays in the PSP
The Snakestripe owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
The Snakestripe supports Team VICIOUS
The Snakestripe posts videos on PbNation
Yes, it is a greatsize
☆ White Tee Gang ☆
The Snakestripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:35 PM #11
Paintballismysport

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertseakykr View Post
Well, I've stopped the chopping, took a little screwing around.

My son has the Chaser now and I bought an Eraser. Out of the box, both markers were shooting ~265 fps! Hmm, the manual claims there set to 220 out of box, and max at 250. I have my velocity adjuster backed right off and I'm still shooting ~235fps!

Even with the lowered velocity and fresh paint I was still getting alot of ball breakage/chops. If you insert a mag with the bolt out, and look through the back, you see quite a bit of the top of the next ball protruding into the chamber. I think the bolt clips the top of the next round and occasionally fractures the seam, and that round then breaks when it's chambered and hit by the bolt.

I took my bolt and slightly chamfered the bottom .
Can you upload some pics of the bolt plz? I'm having the same trouble
Paintballismysport is offline   Reply With Quote