PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-03-2009, 09:02 AM #1
BIG DOG

BIG DOG is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Tpx Pistol

T.C. PAINTBALL will have a good quantity of TPX pistols at the event. We will be selling them at 219.00 We will also have a ton of other scenario related paintball gear at great prices. Come check us out!

We also just received a shipment of the new Alpha Black Salvo markers from Tippmann and we will have those available for 149.00!

wayne
Old 06-14-2009, 11:32 AM #2
tippppmann68

Im sorry when I went to the TPX challenge at D-Day I was not very impressed with the TPX pistol. It had a lot of problems when the paint would expand. I understand that almost every gun is like that but I think Tippmann should tweak its design a little bit, then it would be a decent pistol.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:38 AM #3
tjs0349
Tim

Annual Supporting Member
tjs0349 is playing at Living Legends VII
tjs0349 supports Empire
Yeah same here. Seemed like a lot of problems. Maybe it was the paint, but the Tippman guy running things tells us that these guns don't jam up or have breaks, and then we go on the field and they jam up and have breaks.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:13 PM #4
CSPPLMaverick

CSPPLMaverick owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Prior to the D-Day event, with the exception of one type of paint, the TPX shot everything put through it, even the RPS Evil that was shot at Living Legends 2 the week before.
We could not and had not anticipated the swelling of the paint at D-Day and we are looking at options to accomodate that.
Thank you for the honest feedback guys!
The ORIGINAL World Champions, The Unknown Rebels (1983)
Tier One Tactical Equipment - Canada's source for Full Clip gear!
Old 06-16-2009, 02:50 PM #5
BIG DOG

BIG DOG is a founding member
I have had a TPX prototype for quite some time and never experienced anything like that. I have shot numerous types of paint through the pistols with no problems. I know the paint was squishy and that just isn't good when you have spring-loaded mags. If you loaded up fresh paint right out of a new case and shot it right away it was good. If it sat around, it was over.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:52 PM #6
bojangles1983

Its just the D-day paint, I have had my TPX for a bit now, its shot everything I have put through it, but when you take the heat and humidity and have the ball stack with spring pressure on it for a while you just arent going to get a good shot. My friend and I both chopped paint when we tried the pistols out in one of the games early in the week. TCPaintball, btw, great guys to talk to and lots of help too!
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=275390 +23/-0
Some people are like Slinky's: They aren't good for anything, but the idea of pushing them down the stairs brings a smile to your face.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:35 AM #7
Thompsonshooter
Maker of fine custom guns

Thompsonshooter works for a Paintball manufacturer
Thompsonshooter supports Bob Gurnsey
all mag fed pistols had that issue with the paint.

I had a cyclone issue as well. I looked in the cyclone and found that 6 balls had glued themselves together and they came out in a ring.
Making Custom Paintball Guns Since 1999
http://www.englerpaintballguns.com
Old 06-17-2009, 04:01 PM #8
tjs0349
Tim

Annual Supporting Member
tjs0349 is playing at Living Legends VII
tjs0349 supports Empire
Yes but the Tippman guy put a lot of emphasis on the fact that these guns don't have those types of problems, and then they did. He made it sound like it was impossible for them to jam and they did a lot. My friends and I asked a bunch of questions before hand about how the pistol comes apart in order to clean a break in the breech, magazine, or barrel and the told us it doesn't happen. He very reluctantly answered our questions after we pressed the matter. Then when the guns started jamming we got a demo. It was clear to us that his claims were rather far fetched and then it was proven once we took the field. They may be a solid product with good paint, but I would not buy one after someone representing the product was making such bogus claims. All markers will have issues with bad paint and the guy tried to imply that these wouldn't. That's false advertisement if you ask me.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:16 PM #9
spydie6

Annual Supporting Member
spydie6 is an Ultimate field/store owner
spydie6 donated to help Peyton Trent
spydie6 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
how could tippmann predict how that ridiculous JT paint was gonna swell, and become sticky and squish together?
www.facebook.com/tcpaintball
Snapping out your Front Guys, Running down your Back Guys... since '96
for great prices on used gear check out: https://www.facebook.com/tcpmachineshop
Old 06-17-2009, 05:39 PM #10
custar

Quote:
Originally Posted by spydie6 View Post
how could tippmann predict how that ridiculous JT paint was gonna swell, and become sticky and squish together?
That happens almost every year at OK D-Day. The conditions of the event are brutal for paint. I, for one, am glad to see Tippmann acknowledge the issue and put effort into resolving it.

custar

"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
Samuel Adams
Ave Caesar Obama! Tributituri ad moritus te salutant.

Looking for Action Markers Diadem Tanks for sale

Old feedback thread
Old 06-17-2009, 06:42 PM #11
CSPPLMaverick

CSPPLMaverick owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjs0349 View Post
Yes but the Tippman guy put a lot of emphasis on the fact that these guns don't have those types of problems, and then they did. He made it sound like it was impossible for them to jam and they did a lot. My friends and I asked a bunch of questions before hand about how the pistol comes apart in order to clean a break in the breech, magazine, or barrel and the told us it doesn't happen. He very reluctantly answered our questions after we pressed the matter. Then when the guns started jamming we got a demo. It was clear to us that his claims were rather far fetched and then it was proven once we took the field. They may be a solid product with good paint, but I would not buy one after someone representing the product was making such bogus claims. All markers will have issues with bad paint and the guy tried to imply that these wouldn't. That's false advertisement if you ask me.
You are correct, I did put a lot of emphasis on it. The reason being, up to this event, EVERY paint we had shot through it (with the exception of one lower end field paint) had shot well, with no breaks. With that track record, and the fact that the paint that we had breaks with was not a JT paint, how could anyone anticipate what occured?
To my knowledge, not once during testing did any tester encounter the problems everyone had with the paint at D-Day. Again, the previous weekend, with the same pistols, we effectively shot RPS Evil through the TPX with no problems. At D-Day, it wasn't just the TPX having issues with the paint; EVERY marker had issues until JT brought in new paint for Saturday.
False advertising occurs when someone knowingly passes incorrect information. That was not the case here as this was a first for the TPX.

The issue of paint swelling in the clip is being looked at and we hope that an effective solution can be found.
Thank you all for your input.
The ORIGINAL World Champions, The Unknown Rebels (1983)
Tier One Tactical Equipment - Canada's source for Full Clip gear!