PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-01-2009, 06:14 PM #1
criminal nixon
jah.

ion help

so im wondering if any could help me with this.

i went to my local fields open play day yesterday, and i was shooting my brand new stock ion.

however, when i screwed on my tank, there was a leak from vertical regulator, towards the bottom. the ref said it was the macroline hose, and that it wouldnt cause any harm, but it'd would make me go through gas quicker.

while its not a problem, i want it fixed. im getting into paintball againt, and im pretty serious about it.

any suggestions?
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2009, 06:21 PM #2
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Is it leaking from where the hose fits into the fitting, or where the fitting screws into the reg, or somewhere else? Different fixes depending on where the leak is.

Gas up the gun and spray a little soapy water where you hear the leak, and watch for the bubbles. It will tell you exactly where it is leaking.
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:25 PM #3
criminal nixon
jah.

its where the hose goes into the fitting at the bottom of the reg. i know where the leak is, but i dont know how to fix it.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:39 PM #4
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Ok, that's an easy one.

Step 1: Degas gun (duh)
Step 2: remove macro from fitting on reg. Push in the metal ring on the fitting and it should pop right out.
Step 3: Apply a little paintball gun approved lube or oil to the end of the hose. Cover approximately the last half inch or so.
Step 4: Reinsert hose into fitting. Make sure it goes all the way in as far as it can.
Step 5: gas up the gun. If it still leaks a bit, tug the hose a bit. Also try tugging it to the side and up and down a bit as well. I have a few guns where the macro tends to leak a bit until I tweak them a little.

If it still leaks after all of that, try cutting off about a quarter inch from the end of the hose. Use a sharp knife and make sure it's a clean, straight cut. Unfortunately sometimes the stock hoses are cut just about as short as can be, so this may not be an option, in which case buy more macro line (it's cheap).

If it still leaks after all of that, replace the fitting with a new one. Make sure it 's a swivel fitting, or you won't be able to adjust your velocity with the stock reg.
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:57 PM #5
SpyderNooblet

SpyderNooblet helped look for balloons
SpyderNooblet owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SpyderNooblet supports Team VICIOUS
SpyderNooblet is for the Gunfight
mine sometimes leaks from the macrofitting all I do is give it a little tug to the side and it stops
Vicious Fan #317
SpyderNooblet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:43 PM #6
jasonexcal
CCM=QUALITY CRAFTSMANSHIP

for get the oil and all that re cut the macro line and make sure it a straight cut the push it in all the way.
jasonexcal is offline   Reply With Quote