PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 01:32 PM #1
sthomareas

Ion v. Invert Mini...

I know I'm posting this in a Ion forum so I'll probably recieve some bias but this will be my 2nd gun purchase.

I havent played in about 3 years due to financial complications but now I'm working full-time and have minimal expenses so I'm looking to get back into paintball.

Question: Which gun would you recommend for a recreational player that still plans on competing against high end markers. Which one requires minimal upgrades to compete with high end markers? I know the Ion was the first electronic marker that really made it so people with budgets could afford a good quality gun. I'm just wondering which one would be better and which one is more reliable. For example which one requires minimal maintenance and which one is easier to upgrade....

If I go with the Ion I was checking out some different ones such as : Redz, Dynasty, and XE> I know with the XE that the bolt comes right out of the back so that makes it alot easier to clean it. Just wondering which one is better factory right out of the box. Also I've seen different sites have different barrels on the Dynasty version of the Ion. Is the Dynasty version a universal kit or do certain websites put different barrels. One website has an All American Barrel while the other ones have Freak barrels etc
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2009, 01:41 PM #2
openingact
I Live My Life 300 fps

As a new player please famailiarize yourself with PBN as well as forum rules. The Ion Forum (as well as almost all others) do not allow vs. threads. Please review threads from both the ion and invert forums and form your opinion. The New Player forum may help as well as much of it is directed to not only those new to the sport, but those new to the forum.

/Thread
Old 06-10-2009, 01:44 PM #3
Woodsballerpcb

Between the ions you mentioned and the mini, I would go with any of the ions...
But if you are open to other markers in that price range, take a look at the dangerous power g3, and the proto slg ul.
No vs threads...
Old 06-10-2009, 02:58 PM #4
Dustin v7

look at proto slg 09 basic for $200
Old 06-10-2009, 03:11 PM #5
jim4130
proud gmax owner!!!

jim4130 plays in the PSP
jim4130 plays in the APPA D4 division
jim4130 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
jim4130 is Boss
go to your local proshop hold each gun maybe even test fire it if theyll let you, and make up your own opinion. also read reviews, it's right at the top left of your screen.

come check out my gun collection

proud suporter of

shocker owners
Old 06-10-2009, 04:05 PM #6
lstratos

i got both, actually been selling off my ions, had 6, down to 1 ion xe.. for less headache, i would get invert mini, you can have a used one for around 200-225.

Each of my ion develop a different leak problem.. so after fixing them, i unload them on ebay. It's not a bad gun, just prone to leaks some how. I never chop a ball or had any bad firing issue.. just leaks ! I'm a big smart part fan also, so im just sticking with my shockers and minis.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:15 PM #7
openingact
I Live My Life 300 fps

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstratos View Post
i got both, actually been selling off my ions, had 6, down to 1 ion xe.. for less headache, i would get invert mini, you can have a used one for around 200-225.

Each of my ion develop a different leak problem.. so after fixing them, i unload them on ebay. It's not a bad gun, just prone to leaks some how. I never chop a ball or had any bad firing issue.. just leaks ! I'm a big smart part fan also, so im just sticking with my shockers and minis.
a properly maintained ion won't leak anymore than anoy other gun. Lubricate it, clean it and change the orings when necessary and your ion will be leak free.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:22 PM #8
vaderx360

vaderx360 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
vaderx360 supports Team VICIOUS
i have both. u asked about rit out the box. the mini is much better out the box....but the mini has some things that i dont like. the reg and the asa r the same part on the mini so u cant adjust it. i had 2 get a 45/45 cuz my 68/45 is 2 long. but other than that no problems. the ion is alot less $ so u could get it and upgrade it. the only thing u will need at 1st is a feed. and maybe a asa. dont let ppl tell u that u need a new board cuz 4 what u r going 2 use it 4 it will b good. if u want 2 go all out u can get all the up's like a qev,barrel,board,trigger,reg and so on. i also think u would like the 09 slg. all you need 4 it is a nice 14in barrel and thats it!! all three will b nice markers. PS if you get a ion you may get hated on from other ppl cuz alot of ppl hate them LOL. all 4 silly reasons tho. hell if i didnt like a marker cuz some kid with it talked crap 2 me i would hate ego's lol! hope this helps!
Old 06-10-2009, 05:09 PM #9
spug
spuggles

Annual Supporting Member
spug is a Moderator
spug is a Supporting Member
spug is BST Legit
spug donated to help Peyton Trent
spug supports our troops
spug is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by openingact View Post
As a new player please familiarize yourself with PbN as well as forum rules. The Ion Forum (as well as almost all others) do not allow vs. threads. Please review threads from both the ion and invert forums and form your opinion. The New Player forum may help as well as much of it is directed to not only those new to the sport, but those new to the forum.

/Thread
This.
Closed Thread