Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-09-2009, 08:15 PM #1
cBurN

An ION

can an ion keep up with top of the line guns with extensive modding and for my birthday should i buy a new marker thats top of the line out the box or just invest in my ion if i like my ion alot
cBurN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-09-2009, 08:23 PM #2
modfox

Keep the Ion!!!!

PS3 name BUCKEYEMANIA
modfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:33 PM #3
spug
spuggles

Annual Supporting Member
spug is a Moderator
spug is a Supporting Member
spug is BST Legit
spug donated to help Peyton Trent
spug supports our troops
spug is Legendary
If you really like the ion, stick with it. If you ever plan on selling it and getting a different marker, then don't dump a pile of cash on the ion. Ion resale is crap, so if you dump a pile of money in it, you'll pretty much lose it all.
spug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:57 PM #4
DJxContr0lx
Bad Cobra!!!

Definitly consider a better low(er) end marker if you arent a serious player. I have an Ion, and I love it. Ive got it for sale and im getting crap offers for it. Ive got over $700 worth of parts into it and finally got it shooting the way I like. But its pretty sad that I had to put that much coin into it to get it where I wanted it.

I picked up a stock etek, and with simply adjusting the trigger, i got it to feel very comfortable.

I've shot the SL74, DM8, Ego09 They are GREAT markers OOTB, but its too bad they cost an arm and a leg to buy.

If you like the ion, keep it. If you want to upgrade it, try to buy good quality used parts, and don't plan on ever selling it.. because you wont get crap for it
DJxContr0lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:17 PM #5
jasonexcal
CCM=QUALITY CRAFTSMANSHIP

do not up your ion if you want an upped ion you can buy them for cheap. a lot of ions that have 4 to 5 hundred dollars worth in upgrade parts sell for less than 200 dollars. i have even seen some go for 125 dollars. if i were you i would keep the ion (use it as a back up or a loaner) and i would buy the nicest marker i could afford. if you really like the way the ion is set up i would buy another spool valve marker(shocker, dm, pm, droid), if you want something different try a poppit valve marker (ego, cyborg rx, vice). what ever you get have fun
jasonexcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:21 AM #6
openingact
I Live My Life 300 fps

If you like your ion stick with it. You can customize to make it your own personal marker with your own flare. A good peice of advice though, check thoroughly on the bst forum and ebay for deals. There is absolutely no reason to pay full price for any aftermarket ion parts. There are so many of them and you can usually find them in near mint condition on the BST.

Yes ion resale (when trying to sell as a whole) is trash, but if you are smart about the parts that you buy, and if you decide to part out your ion in the end the fun that you had with the marker will out weigh the small loss you may have.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:23 AM #7
WillIbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by openingact View Post
in the end the fun that you had with the marker will out weigh the small loss you may have.
words to live by
"Originally posted by PBMT: Oh, and btw, you worrying about grammar on internet forums is like watching a special olympics race judge yelling at a contestant for going outside of his lines on the track...no one cares and you look like an idiot doing so."
WillIbe is offline   Reply With Quote