Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-24-2001, 08:03 PM #1
Fenix

Fenix is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fenix owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Fenix supports Team VICIOUS
Question

My set up is a VTL G2 w/Bulldog pre-set N2. Today, after installing my DF and macro-line kit, I gassed up my gun and it began a small leak in the valve area. Also, when I would fire, it would stop leaking then a couple shots later it would begin to leak again. When the tank got low, the gun would start sputtering and I would recock it and it would do this again. I know that the gun will sputter when the tank is low/almost empty, but what about the leak when the output psi was near 1000 on the tank? It was acting as if the valve would stick open but I'm not sure. Please help.Thanx.

Jim
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-24-2001, 08:18 PM #2
sorisko

Try oiling the cup seal.... if it is not lubricated it will let air leak out of the valve.
Old 03-25-2001, 08:08 PM #3
Hsuve

Hsuve is a founding member
Nah, lubricating the cup seal ain't really needed. What do you mean by leaking by the valve area? You generally can't hear a leak by there, do you mean down the barrel or the vertical adapter?
Old 03-25-2001, 08:20 PM #4
Fenix

Fenix is a founding member
Fenix owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Fenix supports Team VICIOUS
Well, I can hear the leak when I place my ear near the feed tube so I'm assuming that it's coming from the valve area. Would a lack of tank pressure and low N2 be a cause? Thanx.

Jim
Old 03-25-2001, 10:08 PM #5
Hsuve

Hsuve is a founding member
If you can hear it by putting your ear to the powerfeed, than it must be leaking down the barrel. I would recommend checking your valve body or valve o-rings for nicks to allow gas to move through. Then I would recommend replacing the cup seal if the valve body or valve o-rings aren't the probably. Go for a Black Magic cup seal or a Lapco cup seal, both are excellent choices to go with when buying a cup seal.
Old 03-26-2001, 01:24 AM #6
Avram
Happier when naked.

Leaks CAN be caused from a dry gun, so after you get a full tank, if the problem is still there, try putting 5 drops of oil in the ASA and cycling it 20 times or so to work the oil through the gun. If the problem is still occurring, then you can look into a new cup seal.

Another problem people seem to have every now and then is a leak at the RAMAIR chamber. But this leak should be easily identifiable as coming out the tip of it, so this is probably not the case. (If it is, you probably need to oil the piston O-ring inside)

I've had the same cup seal for over a year and it still works fine, so try the above options first.