PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-02-2009, 12:18 PM #1
WillIbe

Pro Pulse RC possibiliites

Hi RC folk,

I have an old Pro-Pulse RC, i'm getting a new battery just to see if it can still run decent, but am looking at putting a brushless setup in it.

in looking at these, there are inrunner/outrunner, and then there are the 'kv' ratings on them.

from the looks of it, i think the stock is an inrunner based on what these others look like.

my real question is this: will i need to upgrade anything else to accomodate the motor? i mean besides making it fit and the gears mesh, do i need a new speed/throttle controller? will getting a juiced up battery to run this motor fry my other components?

i would love for this thing to go 40 or more, i think that would be pretty beastly from what it was originally.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...4&ParentCat=59

^here's where i've been looking as of now.

i would love to go nitro, but given my other expenses and the neighborhood i'm in, i think maxing the propulse out is it for now.

if anyone can lead me in the right direction as to making this thing a beast, please let me know!
"Originally posted by PBMT: Oh, and btw, you worrying about grammar on internet forums is like watching a special olympics race judge yelling at a contestant for going outside of his lines on the track...no one cares and you look like an idiot doing so."
WillIbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:50 PM #2
SwarmJT
Gone Fishing

SwarmJT plays in the APPA D5 division
SwarmJT has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SwarmJT has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
SwarmJT has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
SwarmJT has perfected Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Post pics
This makes chics want you..

Kolder-"Didn't realize we had so many surgeons in ST"