Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-25-2009, 03:32 PM #1324
deathcapt

Hey, I'm pretty new to paint ball, but here's my experience with the q-loader.
I got my q-loader + 5 pods last week. I have an alpha black w/ e-grip. + tactical kit.

I've tried 3 mounting points for the CMS.
The easiest one, is the just remove the toolkit magazine, and replace the magazine with the CMS/ Q-Pod. It's comfortable and balanced, and easy to swap pods, but it makes your gun HUGE. Like it adds almost a foot to the vertical profile of your gun.

I tried mounting it to my carry handle facing backwards, but it's too long aswell. It makes the sights useless, and it kinda pokes you in the face.

I finally settles with taking a rotary tool to the receiver. Cutting a vertical slit in the magazine well, and mounting the CMS underneath the barrel like an m203. If you need more info PM me. I use a remote line, and with the q-loader, the gun was front heavy. The Alpha black is a heavy gun to begin with and having it be front heavy didn't help. You'd have to be pretty beefy to wield this set up with one hand, although it's comfortable with 2 hands. I have stuck with this mounting, because it looks cool, and is easy to reload. If there was a smaller 50 round q-pod available, I would probably switch to a vertical mount, but as is my suggestion is to keep it under the barrel. I tried it out on the field yesterday, and it worked out pretty good. I have the q-loader 4+1 pack. The only thing I fumbled with was juggling the 5 pods, as whenever I had to reload I would need to have 2 pods out of the pack at the same time. It may seem like a problem, but I managed to do it pretty quickly, never more than 10 seconds to reload, usually less than 5. Once I had to reload quickly so I just dropped the empty q-pod on the ground, I was able to swap out in like 2 seconds. The pods fit fairly tightly into the harness, so I usually give them a push before pulling them out. I didn't have any problems with feeding, or with balls breaking in the tube. I was able to fire my gun @ 15 bps, while doing stupid stuff like swinging it back and forth spraying the area like a gangster with no chops or missfeeds.

I'm thinking of building a shot counter that'll tell me quickly how many rounds are left in my q-pod. Although it's fairly easy to just look at the tube and see where you're at, it'd be nice to have a little LED that comes on when I'm under 10 shots left in the pod, or just a shot counter like on the pulse rifle in Aliens. I'm thinking I just have a micro-controller that decrements a counter everytime it picks up a signal going to the solenoid. Assuming every time the solenoid cycles that a shot has been fired. I haven't seen a miss feed yet, after firing a case of paint, so I'm thinking it's going to be accurate to +- 2 balls, and be less prone to error than using eyes. I'm thinking I'd also go ahead and put a little contact on the socked that flicks a switch every time I swap pods, which will trigger a reset of the counter. It'll only work accurately for full pods going in, but once you're using half pods you're on your own. Has anyone tried anything like this?
deathcapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-27-2009, 10:52 PM #1325
BadWildKat

Jamming and spraying paint SSI

Hi, As the title says, I have 3 major problems with my SSI.

First: It break and sprays paint more than it shoots. Someone wrote on some forum that he pre-wound his pods at 6 so that's how mine are winded. (Right or wrong?)

Second: It jams on a regular basis. (I have to pull the cock everytime even if it is still at firing position)

Third: I break the feed valve every time I play. Okay, I play verry intense but still... (A-I keeps sending me new ones but I hate broken things...) Will they ever think of making them in aluminium or do I have to make one myself?

As it is, my cheap, stock PCS US*5 is WAY better but I hate having a pop-corn machine on top of my gun and since I paid a LOT of money for the SSI I'm verry dissapointed with it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by BadWildKat : 05-28-2009 at 05:35 AM.
BadWildKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:59 AM #1326
Jnocidlfrk

Anyone here with T8/T9 qloader setups know if the new first strike paintballs could work? Since the qloader keeps the paintballs alot more controled ,sort of like a drum feed.I know that it would have to be direct mount, as in no feed tube.
Jnocidlfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:24 PM #1327
Python_Pit

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcapt View Post
Hey, I'm pretty new to paint ball, but here's my experience with the q-loader.
I got my q-loader + 5 pods last week. I have an alpha black w/ e-grip. + tactical kit../ /...I'd also go ahead and put a little contact on the socked that flicks a switch every time I swap pods, which will trigger a reset of the counter. It'll only work accurately for full pods going in, but once you're using half pods you're on your own. Has anyone tried anything like this?
Well, I have used a qloader for around 6 years now, and I have tried it in several positions or three different markers. So far, the best spot for me has been on the right side of the marker facing backwards. In this configuration, since I'm right handed, I simply rotate my wrist, pull the pud and insert a new one. I had to get used to the twist motion, but once I did, it was OK.

I've had it mounted under the marker and on top too. On my BT-4 it's on the right side, but on my SP1 it went on the left. The rail is too low and the qloader hits my hand on the right.

Just a couple of ideas, but in the end it has to be comforatable for you. Speed plays a factor while changing the pod, but if it's not comfortable...well who wants to fumble around with their loading system while being shot at, right?

And as for the shot counter, I've been thinking of the same thing for years. It sucks when you run out of paint, because then you chance a break when you put a fresh pod in and the tube is empty. I know it's a great idea and anyone who uses a qloader would love something like that.

Last edited by Python_Pit : 06-15-2009 at 01:26 PM.
Python_Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:30 PM #1328
Python_Pit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnocidlfrk View Post
Anyone here with T8/T9 qloader setups know if the new first strike paintballs could work? Since the qloader keeps the paintballs alot more controled ,sort of like a drum feed.I know that it would have to be direct mount, as in no feed tube.
I doubt it would work. I got to take a look at the first strike rounds a couple of months ago at the local shop.

The qloader actually allows the paintballs to rotate freely in the opposing worm drive setup. I believe the first strike rounds would just get chewed up in there. But you never know...with a little chewing gum a ducy tape maybe you could open up the feed hole a bit and get it to work. Now you have me thinking...
Python_Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:05 PM #1329
deathcapt

I doubt the q-loader would be able to feed first strike rounds correctly. The problem is that they'd have to get pushed into the chamber sideways, and they'd tend to go nose first in the tube. Your best bet would probably figuring out a way to quickly switch between magazine fed and q-loader feed. Like if you cut the bottom half off of a regular t8 magazine, and somehow made the q-loader hose feed into the magazine, you could just pop out the "q-mag" pop in the first strike mag, then switch back when you want volume fire of regular pballs. It would be some work, but it would be a semi solution.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:31 AM #1330
Jnocidlfrk

Yea,I kind of figured that the cap/tube feed assembly would have to be reworked/remade with an oblong shape to feed them properly.That would strangely be the easy part,as opposed to making a new qloader pod!If they cant stay stable in the pod then ive gotta wait and see what the market can whip up.$200-$300 for a qloader sut-up is one thing,$300-$500 for a t9 with massive limatations on ROF,shot count and versitility...not gonna happen!
THANKS FOLKS!!!
Jnocidlfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:32 PM #1331
persichini

I would like to see a picture of your t9 qcb with the qloader... looking to do the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenesisFactor View Post
that works. i have a similar setup for my CQB T9, but along the side.

BarrettSniper
use the rails. It's a bit mroe expensve, BUT, you can mount it on any gun with rails after that.

x7owna
Take a pen and push down there the center hole. This will allow the inner chamber to spin freely and put you in a near fully neutral state. then prewind it 10-12 times.

You can use any hooper to contain the paintballs when you fill them. I use a broken door revvy. I never really touched the silos.
persichini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:00 PM #1332
deathcapt

Just curious has anyone ever tried reinforcing the feed tube. I'm thinking like wrapping it in duct tape, or giving it a layer of resin or a fiber glass wrap? I know it'll basically torch the tube in terms of re-arranging it, but if you've settled on your mount, and you're not going to change the position of the socket, giving the tube a quick wrap in Bondo will basically make it invincible, and will prevent tube hits from breaking balls in the tube. It would also fix the problem of tube stretching when you first fill the feed tube.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:36 PM #1333
zoglog

well, I bit the bullet and decided to get a qloader. Probably not the smartest move considering i'm just getting back into paintballing, but the low profile and the computability w/ my incoming sp-8 just sealed the deal.

Anyone got some good tips for a starter ?
zoglog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:18 AM #1334
Gordofski

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoglog View Post

Anyone got some good tips for a starter ?
If you have a motorized hopper you might want to try that instead of the silo as you wind balls into the pod... They do what they're supposed to do and feed more consistently than shaking that awkward ****in' silo. I have an old pos eggy 2 that I wrapped tape around the neck so it fits nice and snug onto the winding socket, works great.

Practice loading and unloading empty pods on your marker to get used to the motion... It's nothing complex, just takes some getting used to to do it quickly, you don't want to fumble with it in the middle of a game.

Don't just 'toss' the pods on the ground either, for obvious reasons. You can set them down if you dont feel like stuffing the empty back into your harness, just don't chuck em.
Gordofski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:31 PM #1335
zoglog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordofski View Post
If you have a motorized hopper you might want to try that instead of the silo as you wind balls into the pod... They do what they're supposed to do and feed more consistently than shaking that awkward ****in' silo. I have an old pos eggy 2 that I wrapped tape around the neck so it fits nice and snug onto the winding socket, works great.

Practice loading and unloading empty pods on your marker to get used to the motion... It's nothing complex, just takes some getting used to to do it quickly, you don't want to fumble with it in the middle of a game.

Don't just 'toss' the pods on the ground either, for obvious reasons. You can set them down if you dont feel like stuffing the empty back into your harness, just don't chuck em.
gotcha. I have an old revy I plan to use as a loader. To connect it to the winding socket do I need to buy a feedneck? All the setups i've seen seem to use a tube as well.

As for the empty pods, I'll just have to be extra careful I guess not to slip on my butt.... that'd be disastrous for the qpods.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:22 PM #1336
Gordofski

Quote:
To connect it to the winding socket do I need to buy a feedneck?
No, you shouldn't have to. My eggy was a little loose on the winding socket (I put it right where the hose connects) so I just wrapped some electrical tape around it's neck to make it nice and snug.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:51 AM #1337
zoglog

whee, Q loader came in today... sadly the guy who ebayed me my sp-8 is a jerk and lied to me about shipping it 2-3 day....
so I guess i'll need to wait awhile before I can tinker with it it =/

Been reading a bunch of guides and the manual.

Just to get this straight, pre-winding is not the process in which you are loading the tubes with balls right?
And the only time you ever have to do any pre-winding is when you take the qpod apart and put it back together?

Also when you take a Qpod apart they mention that things may pop out or something, is there something you need to do to "unwind the springs" before you start taking it apart?

hmmm nm saw the videos on the site, makes a bit more sense now. I guess you can take apart the qpod w/o disturbing the prewinded spring. maybe I should practice doing that now.

Last edited by zoglog : 07-17-2009 at 01:39 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:10 AM #1338
zoglog

Just got my sp-8 today so started working on the sp-8 mount and it's not going so well. for some reason the balls keep on getting jammed in the feedtube at the elbow mount/feedneck. ugh......

Been following this guide with no luck..

http://forum.specialopspaintball.com...howtopic=83740
Old 07-25-2009, 02:12 PM #1339
Reactor
Kansas State Paintball#22

Reactor is playing at Living Legends VI
Reactor is for the Gunfight
Reactor is for the Gunfight
Reactor is an NCPA player
I recently purchased an sp8 and q loader system from an individual on ebay. The system is missing mounting brackets, the silo nipple, and a metal ball retainer. Any idea where I can get parts? I have yet to play with the system and the number of prewinds. But am not ever going to dry-unload a pod. I have seen many people mount the socket right off to the side of the feedneck but was wondering if anyone has or knows how to mount it underneath with the correct bracket.
Reactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 05:49 PM #1340
Gordofski

Quote:
Just got my sp-8 today so started working on the sp-8 mount and it's not going so well. for some reason the balls keep on getting jammed in the feedtube at the elbow mount/feedneck. ugh......

Been following this guide with no luck..

http://forum.specialopspaintball.com...howtopic=83740
Hmm, maybe the feed tube is at too much of a tight angle? The balls can have difficulty getting through if it's bent too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactor View Post
I recently purchased an sp8 and q loader system from an individual on ebay. The system is missing mounting brackets, the silo nipple, and a metal ball retainer. Any idea where I can get parts? I have yet to play with the system and the number of prewinds. But am not ever going to dry-unload a pod. I have seen many people mount the socket right off to the side of the feedneck but was wondering if anyone has or knows how to mount it underneath with the correct bracket.
You might be able to get said parts from the manufacturer... As for mounting it 'underneath' I'm guessing you're talking about under the barrel? You can just clip the bracket to your reg in that case.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:37 PM #1341
BadWildKat

send an eMail to: support@qloader.com and tell them what parts are missing.

If you're not sure of those part's name, go to their website and browse the parts section.

I'm not sure if the lifetime warranty applies only to the original buyers.

Good luck.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:29 PM #1342
puckswontpassme

puckswontpassme supports our troops
puckswontpassme is an NCPA player
puckswontpassme plays in the APPA D4 division
Getting back into paintball after some time out of the game. just realized there is like 3 new hoppers out but the q loader is still hanging around. Wondering if the technology has been improved from when they were first made. I've never seen or used one but always heard they were a little on the fragile side. Also I was wondering why they are more popular with the scenario guns than the speed ball guns. It seems they'd be better for speed ball as you would want a lower profile right? Anyway if someone could fill me in that'd be great. Thanks.
puckswontpassme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 05:52 PM #1343
BadWildKat

To be honest with you, you'd be better off with somthing else than the Q.

Here's why:

Ony 100 rounds per pod.

It weights a lot if you compare it with a regular pod with 100 balls in it.

you need the reload system to wind and fill the pod and you don't want to leave a game to go back to the base camp to fill them.

At $20+ per pod, you don't want to throw it too far away. A regular pod costs what? $3? So who cares if you lose one or two on a big game?

I have a vest that can hold 6 pods + the one in my marker and it's not always enough (700 rounds total)

Now, if you have the same vest with regular pods (140 rounds) and a Pinokio Hopper (250 rounds) you carry 1090 rounds on you.

need anymore reasons not to use the Q?

Don't misunderstand me, I love my QLoader SSI but I hate the disadvantage it gives me in a big scenario. I have to carry everything I need to reload the pods and place it somewhere on the field (Impractical at best...)

If you still want to give it a try, I strongly suggest you use a cheap electronic hopper to replace the silo that comes with the kit; even tho it can hold around 500 rounds, the balls tend to jam where the hose meets the silo.

Last edited by BadWildKat : 07-28-2009 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:03 AM #1344
puckswontpassme

puckswontpassme supports our troops
puckswontpassme is an NCPA player
puckswontpassme plays in the APPA D4 division
thank you very much, that was very helpful. I'll probably end up getting a pinokio anyway, just cause its real simple and easy to clean
puckswontpassme is offline   Reply With Quote