PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-11-2009, 11:56 AM #1
DRTHV8R

uh oh problem

hello everyone

awhile ago i recieved an nme and i have had problems with the barbs. i fixed all of them except the one of the front block which i believe may have stripped the block.

are there any ways to fix this without buying a new block?

and secondly, is there any easy way to remove barbs or any method that anyone finds easier?

thanks
DRTHV8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2009, 03:26 PM #2
tjs0349
Tim

Annual Supporting Member
tjs0349 is playing at Living Legends VII
tjs0349 supports Empire
Removing should be easy with a socket wrench of the appropriate size. When installing use the socket but not the wrench and hand tighten only.

As far as fixing the front block, the only thing you could do is re-tap the hole.

If you need a new front block, an alias intimidator front block will fit with slight modification.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:11 PM #3
Tim Foolery
Mr. Goodnews

Well man, the front block does not have the same size barb as the Ram Sleeve. While the Ram Sleeve is M3 threaded like the solenoid and timmies. The Front block has same size barbs as cockers.

If it is in fact stripped, just pm me. I have a front block I don't need I'll let it go cheap. If you have money though you should invest in putting a 2k5 Timmy block and LPR on there. If you plan on having the marker for a while you won't regret it.
Tim Foolery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:31 AM #4
loser555

i was recently at kragen auto parts by my house and they have this material that re-threads you put some in the area thats striped and you skrew the skrew in and it takes a mold of the threads and they claim to make permanent threads that can withstand like 200+ psi or something
Old 02-13-2009, 11:19 AM #5
Tim Foolery
Mr. Goodnews

That's awesome, I'll have to pick some of that up.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:05 PM #6
DRTHV8R

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjs0349 View Post
If you need a new front block, an alias intimidator front block will fit with slight modification.
yea thats what i've heard. i'm debating doing this right now just for future reasons

Quote:
Originally Posted by loser555 View Post
i was recently at kragen auto parts by my house and they have this material that re-threads you put some in the area thats striped and you skrew the skrew in and it takes a mold of the threads and they claim to make permanent threads that can withstand like 200+ psi or something
yea that does sound like a good idea

idk i went to ansgear and found an evil alias front block and respirator lpr, i may pick them up. as a question for nme vs alias, can u take off the alias front block without having to remove the barb? cause if u can i won't hesitate to replace it lol
Old 02-13-2009, 05:06 PM #7
Tim Foolery
Mr. Goodnews

Yes you can. If you'd like a walk through on a full conversion I've done it several times and would be glad to help you out.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:01 PM #8
DRTHV8R

all you really gotta do is trim out some area on the grip frame for the barb to fit, don't you?
Old 02-13-2009, 07:04 PM #9
Tim Foolery
Mr. Goodnews

And sand down the Alias Front Block a bit. The fit into the body is really tight because the Anno on the NME's is really thick. Just a little sanding with 200 grit is fine.

You also need to tap the NME body to fit the a set screw because while the front block for the NME is threaded for a screw the Alias Front block is not. A gen 4 front block is ideal because it is also threaded. I believe the 2k2 front block is also threaded I believe.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:34 PM #10
DRTHV8R

k cool thanks i'll check back in here if i have any more problems
Old 05-12-2009, 06:54 PM #11
DRTHV8R

just for kicks i bought an evil front block off of ansgear and was going to add either the hybrid lpr or respirator from my pimp and found a pleasent surprise

http://www.ansgear.com/Evil_Intimida...orasablack.htm

you can get black or chrome

it fits the nme without any sanding or tapping for new screw holes. fits nice. i did have to modify the grip frame a bit, but it filed down nice and smooth. comes with a barb already in it

so if ur looking to add a new front block, look into the evil block. its actually drilled for a lower pressure also on the inside. good deal for 20 bucks
Old 05-12-2009, 09:05 PM #12
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

SEAL 6 is playing at Living Legends VI
SEAL 6 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
wait, what??!
System X NME LE Black/Silver
(but everyone still loves the minimag)
SEAL 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:15 PM #13
DRTHV8R

besides having to file at the grip frame, the evil front block is a drop in replacement. just thought i'd share. pics are just to see how it fits