Old 04-02-2009, 09:25 PM #1
SYSTEM
Notomated

SYSTEM is a Mega Moderator
SYSTEM is a Supporting Member
SYSTEM donated to help Peyton Trent
SYSTEM supports Bob Gurnsey
IA - steeple paintball Discussion

This thread was automatically created for discussion about steeple paintball. For more information about this field, or to find other fields near you, visit the steeple paintball listing in the PbNation Field & Store section.
SYSTEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2009, 09:34 PM #2
Battlemaxballa
RedFoo

Battlemaxballa supports Team VICIOUS
Im considering driving up here this weekend, is it open on saturday for open play or just sunday?
Old 04-02-2009, 09:51 PM #3
DRAGONIntimidator888

i would check to see if its even open still...
Old 04-02-2009, 10:11 PM #4
Mr Redz

Mr Redz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
UWP will be there saturday @ 10
sunday is looking like bad weather

yes it is open
Old 04-02-2009, 10:21 PM #5
DRAGONIntimidator888

my bad
Old 04-17-2009, 03:44 PM #6
protokid72
BURR

protokid72 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
protokid72 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
protokid72 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
what makes you think it wouldnt be open anymore?
Old 04-17-2009, 09:49 PM #7
egoluvr
MY SISTER....THIS TIGHT!!

cause noone goes there anymore...not that really anyone did. i hope we can at least see a decent tourney outa this field this year...although they never send anyone to any other field to support ANY field in iowa so why would teams show up to there tourneys....i give it maybe one more year then it will just be uwps private practice field...or wait thats pretty much what it is now.

LEGEND
****MW STORM****
egoluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:47 PM #8
the big red dog

the big red dog is a Professional paintball player
you cant expect to have or run a good feild with mighty bunkers. nor expect to have people come when the feilds are setup to an 02 layout that isnt even mirrored. and have fish and rockets for bunkers... this is an airball feild correct? maybe invest in some legit bunkers so people will actuallly want to play here.

sorry guys... its the truth.
www.boblongdirect.com
www.chicagoland-paintball.com
www.teamlegend.com

MidWest ARMY - OG -
the big red dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:27 PM #9
Carnagge

I'd play on older fields as long as it was fun. But the field is a joke, they just sort of expect everyone to show up.

I'm not sure if they even have a team. If they do they don't play anywhere else. But thats not really unusual for iowa.

68/4500 tank
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post64366912

Last edited by Carnagge : 04-18-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Carnagge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:49 PM #10
steeple paintball

wow taylor i cant believe you go around bashing the field you once played at but if thats what you need to do in life thats just what you need to do and for everyone else it takes a lot for someone to setup a field and you wouldnt know until you tried yourself and try to maintain a steady business flow but im sorry you guys all feel this but you dont have to go around and dis other peoples fields that try to make it work
Old 04-26-2009, 10:42 PM #11
egoluvr

im not bashing in any way ed. or whoever this is??? i, and the others, are just stating the truth from a players prespective...and im pretty sure the 3 of us well cliff and i for sure know more paintball and what it takes to have a successful thriving field here in iowa. you on the other hand go at it like a buisness and buisness only(which can be good but you need a good mix and knowledge of the game).
okay your field is geared twards tourney style paintball...okay first off if your gunna have this kinda field geared twards that style of play you dont set up shop w/ mighty paintball bunkers and nelson paintball. you want to be a competetive field(buisness wise) then your gunna have to do better...you want people to drive 1+ hours to get there you gunna have to get either A-reg. size uspl field or B-up to date reg. size psp field made by sup air. other wise every field and there brother has you beat at . ive told you this before. and yet you sit and wonder why no one comes to your field after we(dubz) disbanded.
tell you what, if i was gunna drive 1+2+ hours, pay for entry air and Field Paint Only i would expect a little more than 3 year old beat to hell bunkers, barley 3k fills, and nelson paintballs(edit-bullets are bullets retract what i said about nelson).
i would love for nothing more than steeple to sucecced and thrive! i mean its a field 15 min from my apartment. i just personally think your going about it the wrong way. listen to people who have been in the industry and know what SERIOUS players/teams need and want in field. you asked me, cliff, pat, and ted, about what you guys should do to make the field better, WE TOLD YOU and you took none of our advice. so yeah thats just my two cents! again i do wish you guys the best and hope you guys make it. and again we are not just blindly "bashing" or "dissing" just voicing our opinions.

LEGEND
****MW STORM****

Last edited by egoluvr : 05-13-2009 at 12:06 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:54 AM #12
Zixor

has been a member for 10 years
If you build it they will come!!!!
Zixor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:14 PM #13
paintballa4life21
Run it back

paintballa4life21 plays in the PSP
paintballa4life21 donated to help Peyton Trent
paintballa4life21 supports Team VICIOUS
paintballa4life21 posts videos on PbNation
but steeple has ice cream! seriously though from an ex employee/team member, the people are nice and the facility isn't bad, but the way i see it is Steeple is still developing and is in that fall on your face part. so i would expect them to either pick them selfs up and become the great paintball field they have the potential to be, or the opposite and just quit. so i guess what i'm saying is if your local to the dubuque area this place is amazing, but for those of us who expect a high quality field and practice.... there may be better options. but who knows hopefully we can look back in a few years and feel really dumb about doubting them. but to clarify it for u ed before u retaliate, i'm not bashing.... just providing a community service and voicing my opinion.
HPACK
paintballa4life21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:42 PM #14
Ju1Ce
RIP Towlie

Ju1Ce plays in the PSP
Ju1Ce owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ju1Ce plays in the APPA D3 division
Its a nice place and less than 10 min from my house. Id play there every weekend if it were BYOP... but sadly it isnt.

$OG MW ARMY$
Ju1Ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:10 AM #15
egoluvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballa4life21 View Post
but steeple has ice cream! seriously though from an ex employee/team member, the people are nice and the facility isn't bad, but the way i see it is Steeple is still developing and is in that fall on your face part. so i would expect them to either pick them selfs up and become the great paintball field they have the potential to be, or the opposite and just quit. so i guess what i'm saying is if your local to the dubuque area this place is amazing, but for those of us who expect a high quality field and practice.... there may be better options. but who knows hopefully we can look back in a few years and feel really dumb about doubting them. but to clarify it for u ed before u retaliate, i'm not bashing.... just providing a community service and voicing my opinion.
aggreed sam!

they have the potential to be a great field...now its up to them to live up to that potential!

two big things that would make it a GREAT field
1) new sup airball field
2) BYOP

LEGEND
****MW STORM****
Old 05-07-2009, 08:47 PM #16
JUJU
Eat it BEEOTCHES

Annual Supporting Member
JUJU is a founding member
JUJU plays in the PSP
JUJU plays in the APPA D4 division
Yeah new Sup air field and BYOP, sounds like a winning combo. Then people will complain that they have to pay $20 entry. Trust me we tried that and it didn't work.

Contact me on deals for the new Vanquish or Impulse

KW Factory & RIOT Paintball Team

KW Paintball Field Owner
www.kwpaintball.com
JUJU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:44 PM #17
Ju1Ce
RIP Towlie

Ju1Ce plays in the PSP
They dont need a new Sup Air field, bunkers are bunkers.

$OG MW ARMY$
Old 05-07-2009, 10:41 PM #18
egoluvr

yeah bunkers are bunkers but when they are 1/2 the size of what everyone else plays on and are old and ratty it really deters customers. and i for one would pay 20 entry for a good field and byop, i did it at best shot for hyperball and so did many others. like i said before this field has the potential but it needs to take pride in itself.

LEGEND
****MW STORM****
Old 05-08-2009, 11:59 AM #19
RDmem3
SPPL Rookie

RDmem3 is playing at Living Legends III
And now, Best Shot isnt gonna have airball/hyperball from what I hear.
RDmem3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:01 PM #20
Ju1Ce
RIP Towlie

Ju1Ce plays in the PSP
that sounds like a terrible investment

$OG MW ARMY$
Old 05-08-2009, 07:30 PM #21
RDmem3
SPPL Rookie

RDmem3 is playing at Living Legends III
Not really, if you go out there enough, youd notice majority is rec/scenario types. If you look at the average field around iowa, from my stand point as a ref at a few fields, you see walk-ons types like rec and/or scenario types. Tournament really only takes up a percent of 10-15% of the fields I ref at. Now some places of course will differ, as I know ICU really draws in the Tourney types, from my visits to Best Shot last year, losing their airball fields really isnt a big loss.
RDmem3 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups