Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2009, 07:57 AM #64
Fox4paintball
Home of upTon 187 cRew
 
Fox4paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Upton, MA
Annual Supporting Member
Fox4paintball is a Professional paintball player
Fox4paintball is an Ultimate field/store owner
Fox4paintball plays in the PSP
Fox4paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Fox4paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Fox4paintball plays in the APPA D4 division
I think you guys are a bit short sighted. No one is saying the PEVs facility can't handle it or that the PEV's facility isn't 1st class - by what I see in the pictures I am envious of what you have there. What I am saying is put the events where the teams are, and the evidence so far is that the Boston area has many more teams.

1st GPL - 12 D2/D3 teams (currently signed up for Event #2 on May 30/31 - 0)
1st NEPL - 35 D2 & D3 teams (currently signed up for Event #2 on June 14 - 13 teams - 1 paid)
DC USPL - 33 teams registered (including the 8 PRO teams) - 5 divisional teams paid for before the date change only 2/3 weeks before the event.

Hold the event at Maynard and you have 35 teams plus the 8 pros for 43. You'll only need 7 teams to fly in from outside the region to hit the magic 50 number.

The only major issue you have with Maynard is Parking. Anthony (BPS/Owner of Maynard) is smart enough to figure that out. Keep in mind they do 35 7-man teams in one day - the USPL is spread over 3 days of playing. Maynard already has 3 7-man fields fully turfed with Netting - no setup needed.

Do you think they thought much more about the dates this time around? What weekend do you think a majority of the colleges go back in session on? I'd guess that last weekend in August. What about high schools - I'd guess right around the same time.
__________________
Dave Painter
"Are you ready to play?"
Fox 4 Paintball
Home of upTon 187 cRew
(508) 529-FOX4 (3694)
www.fox4paintball.com
Fox4paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2009, 08:10 AM #65
Fox4paintball
Home of upTon 187 cRew
 
Fox4paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Upton, MA
Annual Supporting Member
Fox4paintball is a Professional paintball player
Fox4paintball is an Ultimate field/store owner
Fox4paintball plays in the PSP
Fox4paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Fox4paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Fox4paintball plays in the APPA D4 division
With the Economy the way it is you need to look at putting "National" events in areas where the largest number of paintball players/teams are. That means

Southern California (HB)
Chicago (No USPL event scheduled) - Renick has that ChiTown series and paintball in general is fairly big in the Chicago area
New England (No USPL event scheduled) - Anthony has the NEPL and there are several other fields around "Growing" tournament players - fairly consolidated population
Southeast (No USPL event scheduled) - CFOA has always been big plus many other options in Florida. This location might be better for x-ball though.

Anywhere else? Where are the other larger local & Regional series? That's where the events need to be.
__________________
Dave Painter
"Are you ready to play?"
Fox 4 Paintball
Home of upTon 187 cRew
(508) 529-FOX4 (3694)
www.fox4paintball.com
Fox4paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:45 PM #66
chillepepper
 
 
chillepepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
To bad all these cancalations, the uspl can't hold a candle to the nppl,its too bad they went under. The uspl needs to get there **** together. And as far as the Huntington event it sucked with everything on the sand, everyones merchandise was all dusty, a real bad move for uspl league.
chillepepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:39 AM #67
paintball4le$$
Das
 
paintball4le$$'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: California
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillepepper View Post
To bad all these cancalations, the uspl can't hold a candle to the nppl,its too bad they went under. The uspl needs to get there **** together. And as far as the Huntington event it sucked with everything on the sand, everyones merchandise was all dusty, a real bad move for uspl league.
__________________
paintball4le$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:46 PM #68
Nor Cal Shocker
I really don't care....
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Behind you!
Nor Cal Shocker is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCellPB View Post
I agree 200% with what Rich Telford had to say!

There are too many whiners. Oh it would have been so much better in Boston! The reality of it is DC was a better choice for several reasons.
1. In your own threads you always complain there is not enough parking for NEPL events. I would assume the USPL (NPPL) would have a lot more people parking along with many vendors.
2. DC is centrally located, making it easier for ALL East coast teams, not just New england teams. (either way it's a 4 hour drive for me).
3. PEVS has an excellent facility!

The people that complained should have stepped up and registered! I was putting in 2 teams. What were you doing? In order to make this sport survive, we need to help everyone. Help the local fields, stores, events, play a USPL, PSP, AXBL, GPL, EPL event.

As far as people complaining about being reimbursed......read your policy.
AIRLINES will hold your ticket for a later flight if you bought a non refundable.
Hotels will refund you up till 6pm of the day you are suppose to check in!
Rental Vehicles dont charge you untill you pick up the vehicle.

As far as the new date for DC, it's not the best because it is the weekend students will be on vacation with their parents because school starts the next week. College students will be moving into their dorms, etc...

2 Dates that are also good are:
July 24th July 26th
August 7th August 9th

If people are complaining about the weather, I had offered to sponsor (Black Cell & Top Gun Paintball) a cool down area with inflatable pools, slip and slides, etc.

There should be NO Excuses. USPL Listens to you! I had suggested numerous things to Camille and she made it happen! You do have a voice, just make sure you show your support!

So FOX4PAINTBALL had a comment about Tom Fore. The reason to have it in DC is because it is centrally located for ALL the East Coast. So whether you are from Boston or Miami, you could drive it in 8-10 hours or pay $200 round trip instead of $300 on a round trip flight to Boston. It has nothing to do with tom Fore but Logistics and respect for ALL TEAMS! It's not because of Tom Fore or Arsenal!

As far as complaining about the season being cut down to 4 events, Have you checked out PSP? AXBL? everyone has trimmed the number of events down.

It takes 50 registered teams to cover the expenses per event. Do your part and register to play.


This entire post from BlackCellPB has been one the more intelligent posts I have seen on here in a long time. Very well written and stated.

I wish more people/kids/children on PBN would learn that life doesn't revolve around them and that life happens.

Look around people......life happens......to everyone, every day. The more you complain the more you bring down yourself, then the people around you.

Again, well stated BlackCellPB.....
Nor Cal Shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:24 PM #69
danbob1088
succisa virescit
 
danbob1088's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
danbob1088 is a Paintball photographer
danbob1088 is an NCPA player
danbob1088 plays in the APPA D5 division
It is tough to argue with the Boston area as a great place to hold an event. Just look at how well the Boston NPPL events played out and look at the NEPL 7-man participation.

I agree 100% with what Dave (Fox4) has said about locations for events. Put the events where the teams are. Chicago area, SoCal, Northeast, Southeast.

What is the thought process behind keeping the location at DC? I expect this league to cater to the player as they said - so cater to the player and put the events where they players are. The DC location produced jack **** for divisional teams, to be quite honest - give another area a shot.
__________________

flickr

Last edited by danbob1088 : 05-03-2009 at 02:27 PM.
danbob1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:51 PM #70
VSOwnage
Pursuit of Professional
 
VSOwnage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
VSOwnage plays in the PSP
VSOwnage is an NCPA player
VSOwnage plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCellPB View Post
I agree 200% with what Rich Telford had to say!

There are too many whiners. Oh it would have been so much better in Boston! The reality of it is DC was a better choice for several reasons.
1. In your own threads you always complain there is not enough parking for NEPL events. I would assume the USPL (NPPL) would have a lot more people parking along with many vendors.
2. DC is centrally located, making it easier for ALL East coast teams, not just New england teams. (either way it's a 4 hour drive for me).
3. PEVS has an excellent facility!

The people that complained should have stepped up and registered! I was putting in 2 teams. What were you doing? In order to make this sport survive, we need to help everyone. Help the local fields, stores, events, play a USPL, PSP, AXBL, GPL, EPL event.

As far as people complaining about being reimbursed......read your policy.
AIRLINES will hold your ticket for a later flight if you bought a non refundable.
Hotels will refund you up till 6pm of the day you are suppose to check in!
Rental Vehicles dont charge you untill you pick up the vehicle.

As far as the new date for DC, it's not the best because it is the weekend students will be on vacation with their parents because school starts the next week. College students will be moving into their dorms, etc...

2 Dates that are also good are:
July 24th July 26th
August 7th August 9th

If people are complaining about the weather, I had offered to sponsor (Black Cell & Top Gun Paintball) a cool down area with inflatable pools, slip and slides, etc.

There should be NO Excuses. USPL Listens to you! I had suggested numerous things to Camille and she made it happen! You do have a voice, just make sure you show your support!

So FOX4PAINTBALL had a comment about Tom Fore. The reason to have it in DC is because it is centrally located for ALL the East Coast. So whether you are from Boston or Miami, you could drive it in 8-10 hours or pay $200 round trip instead of $300 on a round trip flight to Boston. It has nothing to do with tom Fore but Logistics and respect for ALL TEAMS! It's not because of Tom Fore or Arsenal!

As far as complaining about the season being cut down to 4 events, Have you checked out PSP? AXBL? everyone has trimmed the number of events down.

It takes 50 registered teams to cover the expenses per event. Do your part and register to play.
A) Calling people "whiners" is a good way to help out the league..I'm so glad you're caliing people names that happen to be the same people that will be paying for the event venue and ultimately determine the league's success.

B) Dave from Fox4Paintball has already made the most intelligent post here by listing out pure statistics. You can say "Oh, I entered 2 teams...someone give me a cookie!!" but at the end of the day, you're numbers just don't match up. The player-base in the Northeast with NEPL series compared to GPL and the other aforementioned leagues is far more than other leagues; Hence why the NEPL is one of, if not the most succesful regional leagues around. So you're point just flys out the window right there.

C) "Do your part and register"...that's a load of crap right there. If you're talking about DC..so be it, but Boston would have had an unbelievable turn out. Adding in the NEPL competitors, which I would venture to say 75% of them if not more would have participated..and then the numerous Xball teams out of Mass. that would have thrown teams together...and talk of college teams such as mine and others (not in a college division) participating, your point/opinion is null and void. If you want success, bring the events back to where they were succesful before..ie: Huntington Beach, Boston (Gillette/Brockton Fairgrounds), etc. etc.

D) Lastly...the parking issue at Maynard has been addressed before and anyone that has actually traveled there before to compete knows that there are numerous places around the area that could accomodate parking. I suggest you travel there and see it yourself before flat out making a presumption that just because Joe Schmo was complaining in the NEPL thread about parking that there was actually too huge of an issue.
__________________
Mass. Maritime Paintball - NCPA
South Boston Mob - foXball
Fox 4 Paintball - Upton, MA
VSOwnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:59 PM #71
danbob1088
succisa virescit
 
danbob1088's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
danbob1088 is a Paintball photographer
danbob1088 is an NCPA player
danbob1088 plays in the APPA D5 division
I think the point is you need to bring the event to the teams, because although the DC location was picked to be central on the east coast, people aren't traveling up and down the coast for it. Go to the Southeast and Northeast with two seperate events, and teams in the middle can choose one to go to. You have two events held in regional centers of paintball, which just makes sense.
__________________

flickr
danbob1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:03 AM #72
stormshadow
 
 
stormshadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
tom from black cell and dave have both made good points. i think everyone can take something from both of their posts. It is true that teams need to register sooner for the events. I know of 7 teams that were going to register and just held out until the last minute. That is their bad and this is what happens when teams wait so long. I have no idea why paintball draws such lazy people sometimes. Those teams have no right to be in here complaining about how they wanted to play the event. Dave, also has a great point in bringing the event to the area you have the most likely hood of getting teams. It would seem that holding it in a central location where teams can get to did not really work out. Though a good idea to try. Perhaps it is worth looking into just going to where the majority of teams already are. those who will fly are going to no matter the distance or the extra cost. this has been proven in every sport. by holding it in a paintball heavy area you should still get those traveling teams but also the chance to get more "walk ins" or teams that may not have traveled normally.
Honestly i would love to see only 3 national events. 1 east 1 west and a central championship. and then have the league merge with the nepl or gpl or just set up their own sanctioned local leagues. teams can earn seed points at the regional and national events and then get ranked to finish out the year at the Worlds event. They should then end the year there and start the new year as well. cuts down on travel and you may add more teams playing. if local teams win the regional events and get seeding points it may encourage them to travel. hey if they have points already why not go and see if we can win nationally. This seems to be how most other sports operate. Gymnastics, martial arts, dance teams, cheerleading, football, baseball etc. I am not sure why paintball does not copy the mold that has worked with so many sports. You would not have to even give prizes at each national event as the regionals can just give guns away for first- third or so. that is more then they would get nationally any way and the national events can then just be for the pride.
__________________
teams:
Revolution D2
MOD d1
captain MOD D2
MOD NYfear

arsenal support
paintball authority/ OA chesapeake city maryland
stormshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:02 AM #73
s8nkiller (Banned)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
F boston and DC go to florida PSP seems to do realy well there
florida and Cali are like the colliseums(sp?) of paintball and since i live in OK i have to travel really far to go to east or west coast events but if and when i do travel i want to either go to California or Florida and im sure there are thousands of ppl out there thinking the same thing so i think all the events should be in those two state cuz they seem to do the best well chicago does pretty well too

i just wish we had a field in oklahoma worthy of hosting such a huge event like USPL or PSP well if i hit the lottery you bet your *** there will be one

just my 2 cents

-mike
s8nkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:08 AM #74
s8nkiller (Banned)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormshadow View Post
tom from black cell and dave have both made good points. i think everyone can take something from both of their posts. It is true that teams need to register sooner for the events. I know of 7 teams that were going to register and just held out until the last minute. That is their bad and this is what happens when teams wait so long. I have no idea why paintball draws such lazy people sometimes. Those teams have no right to be in here complaining about how they wanted to play the event. Dave, also has a great point in bringing the event to the area you have the most likely hood of getting teams. It would seem that holding it in a central location where teams can get to did not really work out. Though a good idea to try. Perhaps it is worth looking into just going to where the majority of teams already are. those who will fly are going to no matter the distance or the extra cost. this has been proven in every sport. by holding it in a paintball heavy area you should still get those traveling teams but also the chance to get more "walk ins" or teams that may not have traveled normally.
Honestly i would love to see only 3 national events. 1 east 1 west and a central championship. and then have the league merge with the nepl or gpl or just set up their own sanctioned local leagues. teams can earn seed points at the regional and national events and then get ranked to finish out the year at the Worlds event. They should then end the year there and start the new year as well. cuts down on travel and you may add more teams playing. if local teams win the regional events and get seeding points it may encourage them to travel. hey if they have points already why not go and see if we can win nationally. This seems to be how most other sports operate. Gymnastics, martial arts, dance teams, cheerleading, football, baseball etc. I am not sure why paintball does not copy the mold that has worked with so many sports. You would not have to even give prizes at each national event as the regionals can just give guns away for first- third or so. that is more then they would get nationally any way and the national events can then just be for the pride.
the bolded part is the best idea in this entire thread
west coast: Huntington Beach
East coast:Miami/orlando somewhere bad*** in florida
Central championship: Chicago or somewhere in Texas
s8nkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:10 AM #75
bino
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
specially with asll teams show up at nepl boston would be crazy
__________________
Wish this sport brought me the enjoyment it once did and not the hate it does now.
Are we here to win or have fun? Once u answere to that you will know what it takes to make it to Sunday.
bino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:19 AM #76
BlackCellPB
Fueled By Success
 
BlackCellPB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in Back Center
BlackCellPB plays in the USPL
BlackCellPB plays in the APPA D4 division
I'm not going to lie, Boston '07 was a great event! I was kinda looking forward to it. There are lots of great teams in the area. But you have to make do with what you get.

If it's in DC then it's in DC. Make the best of it. There has only been 1 event I can honestly say I did not like. That would be Buffalo '08. The hotels were horrible, the venue was horrible, the reffing was the worst. The best part was 5 people crushed into a Mercedes E-500, cruising at 100mph the whole ride balsting Trance, House and Techno!
BlackCellPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:23 AM #77
mr2tenths
 
 
mr2tenths's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: tracy calif
 has been a member for 10 years
The USPL is doing it's best to cater to all players on both the east and west coast. I'm sure when they rescheduled the DC event they had all the players best interest in mind. So if you want to keep playing 7man paintball in the USPL stop wining and register for the next event.
mr2tenths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:22 PM #78
VSOwnage
Pursuit of Professional
 
VSOwnage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
VSOwnage plays in the PSP
VSOwnage is an NCPA player
VSOwnage plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by s8nkiller View Post
F boston and DC go to florida PSP seems to do realy well there
florida and Cali are like the colliseums(sp?) of paintball and since i live in OK i have to travel really far to go to east or west coast events but if and when i do travel i want to either go to California or Florida and im sure there are thousands of ppl out there thinking the same thing so i think all the events should be in those two state cuz they seem to do the best well chicago does pretty well too

i just wish we had a field in oklahoma worthy of hosting such a huge event like USPL or PSP well if i hit the lottery you bet your *** there will be one

just my 2 cents

-mike
Uh, just out of curiosity..why would USPL (brand new league) go down to Florida (ie: DWWoS) when PSP (their biggest competitor) dominates the sport down there? That's like telling Target to setup shop in Georgia right next to the Walmart super center. It makes no sense....Bottom line, if they want it to be succesful, they need to bring it to the true succesful east coast area, that being Boston.
__________________
Mass. Maritime Paintball - NCPA
South Boston Mob - foXball
Fox 4 Paintball - Upton, MA
VSOwnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:15 PM #79
Explicit#23
SF EXPLICIT
 
Explicit#23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Francisco
Explicit#23 is a Professional paintball player
Explicit#23 plays in the USPL
Explicit#23 supports Pev's Paintball
Explicit#23 plays in the APPA D3 division
Explicit#23 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2tenths View Post
The USPL is doing it's best to cater to all players on both the east and west coast. I'm sure when they rescheduled the DC event they had all the players best interest in mind. So if you want to keep playing 7man paintball in the USPL stop wining and register for the next event.
Thanks
__________________
San Francisco EXPLICITRob Montiero#23
*MACDEV*HK ARMY*VIRTUE PAINTBALL*PB FASHION*SOCIAL PAINTBALL*PaintballPhotography.com*PbNation*JSG*TH IRTY FIRST OUTFITTERS PAINTBALL*


Explicit#23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:18 PM #80
player12345
ICE WHAT??
 
player12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: NJ
 has been a member for 10 years
player12345 plays in the PSP
player12345 plays in the APPA D2 division
player12345 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2tenths View Post
The USPL is doing it's best to cater to all players on both the east and west coast. I'm sure when they rescheduled the DC event they had all the players best interest in mind. So if you want to keep playing 7man paintball in the USPL stop wining and register for the next event.


Missed a h - because I want to win and not whine LOL
__________________
*********TONY "ICE" SAVAGE*********
**********THE PLAYGROUND*********
"PUTTING THEM IN THE SANDBOX ONE AT A TIME"
player12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:21 PM #81
player12345
ICE WHAT??
 
player12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: NJ
 has been a member for 10 years
player12345 plays in the PSP
player12345 plays in the APPA D2 division
player12345 supports DLX Technology
3 events

Quote:
Originally Posted by s8nkiller View Post
the bolded part is the best idea in this entire thread
west coast: Huntington Beach
East coast:Miami/orlando somewhere bad*** in florida
Central championship: Chicago or somewhere in Texas


Don't know about you but 3 events is not enough for those that want to play alot. I can live with 4 or 5 in each league, with less events in the USPL now we can play our AXBL spot we were ready to give up and possiblely a few PSPs.
__________________
*********TONY "ICE" SAVAGE*********
**********THE PLAYGROUND*********
"PUTTING THEM IN THE SANDBOX ONE AT A TIME"
player12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:23 PM #82
stormshadow
 
 
stormshadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
Smile

keep in mind that would be 3 national events built around a slew of regionally sanctioned events. teams would actually be playing more. as you could go to tournaments from any of the regions and win prizes and/or try to stop other teams from earning more points. They would just have to cap or set a maximum amount of points you can earn. After you hit that number and still compete you would just be going to win the prize and hold other teams back. It is a really great tournament model that works. I am not sure the logistics in making this happen in paintball. it would take joint ventures on the local and national levels and may not be able to be done. This was sort of the route they discussed going with tying in to the gpl a while back. whatever, though. where ever they decide to play as long as it is a good event is cool with me.
__________________
teams:
Revolution D2
MOD d1
captain MOD D2
MOD NYfear

arsenal support
paintball authority/ OA chesapeake city maryland
stormshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:44 PM #83
united5p8nt
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
as said before fewer USPL events = more total events that will be attendable, now how can we convince the uspl to be stupid like the nppl and come back to KC
united5p8nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:59 AM #84
kINgjAKIm
VA Ballaz
 
kINgjAKIm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: VA
kINgjAKIm is playing at Living Legends III
kINgjAKIm owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kINgjAKIm supports Team VICIOUS
i was pumped for D.C.... its gonna be really hot in august here in VA and humid as a *****. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do though
kINgjAKIm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump