Old 04-30-2009, 10:18 AM #43
player12345
ICE WHAT??

has been a member for 10 years
player12345 plays in the PSP
player12345 plays in the APPA D2 division
player12345 supports DLX Technology
Arsenal

Pevs is one of our home fields as Pevs is one of our major sponsors, I didn't say we own the Pevs location (lol), we promote Pevs on every Jersey we have worn for the past 4 years....yes we practice at OACC but Pevs is listed as our home field on our USPL application.
player12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-30-2009, 10:26 AM #44
Vicious49
Excelsior!

Annual Supporting Member
Vicious49 plays in the USPL
Vicious49 plays in the PSP
Vicious49 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Vicious49 supports Pev's Paintball
Vicious49 plays in the APPA D4 division
Vicious49 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by player12345 View Post
Pevs is one of our home fields as Pevs is one of our major sponsors, I didn't say we own the Pevs location (lol), we promote Pevs on every Jersey we have worn for the past 4 years....yes we practice at OACC but Pevs is listed as our home field on our USPL application.
Is it? I didn't know that. Yeah, I know you guys have Pevs on your jerseys and they're a sponsor.

The 'owning the location' was directed towards the previous poster who was saying most locations are owned by a pro team.

Hahaha. I feel dumb. I didn't even look at your sig to see who I was talking to about where Arsenal practices. My bad. I do hope you guys start practicing at Pevs soon though. Maybe that'll force other teams to start practicing down there.

The best upgrade for your Ego is a new owner.
Vicious49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:29 AM #45
player12345
ICE WHAT??

player12345 plays in the PSP
player12345 plays in the APPA D2 division
player12345 supports DLX Technology
No problem

We had a double scheduled there for next weekend and also a Tuesday / Wed the days before the event with Avalanche and others but I guess they will be moved to a later date.
player12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:01 PM #46
deadeye83

deadeye83 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
deadeye83 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
We had already signed up and payed, weak. Paintball is dead.
deadeye83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:05 PM #47
crazyboarder9999

crazyboarder9999 plays in the PSP
crazyboarder9999 supports Team VICIOUS
crazyboarder9999 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox4paintball View Post
Tony,

Just because there are no PRO teams from New England playing in the league does not mean that locating an event there is a good or bad decision. I think the number of 7-man teams Anthony (BPS) draws to the NEPL should be a strong indicator as to the viability of holding an event in the region.

Are you saying that one of the West Coast PRO teams owns the HB location? I don't think so. Is there a reason for selecting HB - yes, it draws teams. Same reason why holding an event in the Boston area would be good for the league - to draw teams.
hb did draw players but if you look at this year there were not very many teams. i think the league isnt "trusted" yet for a lack of a better word. i was excited to play dc but wasnt sure waht to expect people have to know how things are gonna work before they commit. the psp has been around and people know it will happen, hopfully by taking the nppl name this can happen for uspl too

Contact me for more information
crazyboarder9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:54 PM #48
cmhary369

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallegretto View Post
Bullet Points....

Pev’s postponed….

Event #3 (which is now event #2), no dates, no venue

Event #3 (which was event #2) in August in DC. A paintball tournament in August in VA will have temps around 95 degrees with 100% humidity.

Event #4, no venue.

Well, that clears things up… this is the league that's going to save tournament paintball?
finally glad someone else agreed with me..... they say they are going to refund the *TEAMS* who booked based on that, but what about other people who were just going to go?????
cmhary369 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:37 PM #49
mcgyver
Common Sense Is Tingling

mcgyver is a Supporting Member
mcgyver is playing at Living Legends VII
mcgyver supports Pev's Paintball
mcgyver is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
mcgyver is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallegretto View Post

Event #3 (which was event #2) in August in DC. A paintball tournament in August in VA will have temps around 95 degrees with 100% humidity.

?

Last week, we hit the upper 90's with a ton of humidity. Now its in the 60's 4 days later.

August could easily be the same or cooler. Virginia weather is wacky.

GO BEARS/CUBS/HAWKS
mcgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:15 PM #50
ctpaintballa42

Not having an event in Boston is a huge loss. I know xball teams in NE would throw a team together for 7 man. I know many teams that would play. Seems that DC doesnt have nearly as many teams. I know I was definetly going to play in the boston event, but now I am unsure if I really want to play in the DC event. You guys are screwing yourself by trying to promote a field. USPL= Epic fail.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:40 PM #51
Bam86

Annual Supporting Member
Bam86 plays in the USPL
Bam86 plays in the PSP
Bam86 plays in the APPA D3 division
There should only be about 13 teams mad right now. The 8 pro teams and the other 5 teams signed up. Half of the people in this thread I bet were not even signed up. It is unfortunate that this happened but I would rather it happen this way then have a bad event. My team bought tickets and had entry paid for and this happened. It was great to hear from the USPL that they are standing behind the teams that had paid and are helping them out.

And on a side note, be lucky that the North East is getting an event. NPPL came to the Mid West twice, that was Chicago Open in 2003 and the NPPL never came back until 2007 for KC Open.
Old & New Feed Back
Bam86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 05:20 PM #52
Vicious49
Excelsior!

Annual Supporting Member
Vicious49 plays in the USPL
Vicious49 plays in the PSP
Vicious49 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Vicious49 supports Pev's Paintball
Vicious49 plays in the APPA D4 division
Vicious49 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam86 View Post
Half of the people in this thread I bet were not even signed up. It is unfortunate that this happened but I would rather it happen this way then have a bad event. My team bought tickets and had entry paid for and this happened. It was great to hear from the USPL that they are standing behind the teams that had paid and are helping them out.
I'd say more than half. People just like to complain even if they had no intention of playing.

I agree that I'd rather have them wait and make the event even better and bigger than it was supposed to be. We were registered and were going to pay our registration fee before Thursdays deadline but luckily they announced this last night so we don't have to deal with that hassle. I already paid for my ID card though. Hopefully they refund that to me. I'll probably play the event in August, but you never know what can happen between now and then so I'd rather get a refund and pay it again when the time comes.

The best upgrade for your Ego is a new owner.
Vicious49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:39 PM #53
conradical
xbox live:conradical55

conradical is a Professional paintball player
im sure uspl is just looking out for the future of the league! there wasnt enough teams and theres no point to spend a lot of money for a small event

myspace.com/conradical55

www.team-xsv.com
conradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:55 PM #54
Rich Telford

Rich Telford is a Supporting Member
Rich Telford is a Professional paintball player
Hate On

Wow so many people on this site hate paintball and seem to not want it to do well I wonder why they play. Moving the DC event sucks but unfortuently that is what the league had to do. There werent enough teams to support the event. I personaly thought that the venue was great and that a ton of teams would sign up and that it would be a great event sadly that didnt happen. By moving it back and having more time to market it I hope its becomes a great event. Bottom line this league is for paintball players and vendors we have to support each other and we will.
Rich Telford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:27 PM #55
lopez17
Valar Morghulis

Annual Supporting Member
lopez17 is a Moderator
lopez17 is a Supporting Member
lopez17 is playing at Living Legends VII
lopez17 supports Pev's Paintball
lopez17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
lopez17 is Immortal
And to add to what Rich just said, the dates probably weren't well thought out as well. Any team with players in school is going to have issues with a mid-May date. High Schools are still in session and most universities are in their last week of school with finals/graduation. This hinders many teams ... while August may have similar issues, it's not likely going to have the same impact. Now, the weather in VA in August can be downright brutal but that's true anywhere in the US.

One of the upsides of Pevs compared to many other venues is that they have two Pro Calibur Turf fields set up and ready to play. No one from the league has to come in and set/hang nets and lay turf. They can show up, put up any additional infrastructure and go to it. They also have WiFi at Pevs and other established infrastructure making it a bona fide tournament venue for the League. Hopefully registration picks up for August. It seems that there's a large number of reasons for the postponements and while I'm disappointed with the late decision making on several fronts, it appears to be the best of several bad choices. Hopefully it works out for August.

On an upside, I don't have any previous commitments for that weekend so I can host people at my house and party in August, something I couldn't do in two weeks.

lopez17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:52 PM #56
BlackCellPB
Fueled By Success

BlackCellPB plays in the USPL
BlackCellPB plays in the APPA D4 division
I agree 200% with what Rich Telford had to say!

There are too many whiners. Oh it would have been so much better in Boston! The reality of it is DC was a better choice for several reasons.
1. In your own threads you always complain there is not enough parking for NEPL events. I would assume the USPL (NPPL) would have a lot more people parking along with many vendors.
2. DC is centrally located, making it easier for ALL East coast teams, not just New england teams. (either way it's a 4 hour drive for me).
3. PEVS has an excellent facility!

The people that complained should have stepped up and registered! I was putting in 2 teams. What were you doing? In order to make this sport survive, we need to help everyone. Help the local fields, stores, events, play a USPL, PSP, AXBL, GPL, EPL event.

As far as people complaining about being reimbursed......read your policy.
AIRLINES will hold your ticket for a later flight if you bought a non refundable.
Hotels will refund you up till 6pm of the day you are suppose to check in!
Rental Vehicles dont charge you untill you pick up the vehicle.

As far as the new date for DC, it's not the best because it is the weekend students will be on vacation with their parents because school starts the next week. College students will be moving into their dorms, etc...

2 Dates that are also good are:
July 24th – July 26th
August 7th – August 9th

If people are complaining about the weather, I had offered to sponsor (Black Cell & Top Gun Paintball) a cool down area with inflatable pools, slip and slides, etc.

There should be NO Excuses. USPL Listens to you! I had suggested numerous things to Camille and she made it happen! You do have a voice, just make sure you show your support!

So FOX4PAINTBALL had a comment about Tom Fore. The reason to have it in DC is because it is centrally located for ALL the East Coast. So whether you are from Boston or Miami, you could drive it in 8-10 hours or pay $200 round trip instead of $300 on a round trip flight to Boston. It has nothing to do with tom Fore but Logistics and respect for ALL TEAMS! It's not because of Tom Fore or Arsenal!

As far as complaining about the season being cut down to 4 events, Have you checked out PSP? AXBL? everyone has trimmed the number of events down.

It takes 50 registered teams to cover the expenses per event. Do your part and register to play.

Last edited by BlackCellPB : 05-01-2009 at 05:49 AM.
BlackCellPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:38 PM #57
the big red dog

the big red dog is a Professional paintball player
its the first, year second event... things arnt gonna be picture perfect the first time around. The leauge is still learning and there are things that they are going to have to work out. We "Paintball Players" need everyones support to make this league work. Instead of complaining do what u can to help it out.
www.boblongdirect.com
www.chicagoland-paintball.com
www.teamlegend.com

MidWest ARMY - OG -
the big red dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:40 PM #58
Explicit#23
SF EXPLICIT

Explicit#23 is a Professional paintball player
Explicit#23 plays in the USPL
Explicit#23 supports Pev's Paintball
Explicit#23 plays in the APPA D3 division
Explicit#23 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
BlackCellPB
San Francisco EXPLICITRob Montiero#23
*MACDEV*HK ARMY*VIRTUE PAINTBALL*PB FASHION*SOCIAL PAINTBALL*PaintballPhotography.com*PbNation*JSG*TH IRTY FIRST OUTFITTERS PAINTBALL*

Explicit#23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:34 AM #59
thai stik
TEAM SF EXPLICIT

thai stik is a Professional paintball player
thai stik plays in the USPL
thai stik plays in the APPA D3 division
I'm most definitely keeping my head up. USPL is still the league thats run by and for players. We just need to keep supporting whats important to us all and thats playing paintball.

* www.team-explicit.com **www.facebook.com/TeamExplicit** www.xtrm.com/explicit ** www.uspaintballleague.com ** www.twitter.com/explicit23
*Planet Eclipse-DGX Paintball-XO Industries-Rockstar Energy Drink*
*FxF *Furious Paintball*Extreme PB Field*NXe*BallerCafe*Make It To Sunday*PBNation*RivalLimited*Animal*Rich Wagner Designs*Crosley Gracie Jiu Jitsu*
thai stik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:22 AM #60
scadreau

scadreau plays in the USPL
scadreau plays in the PSP
scadreau supports Cereal Killerz 2
scadreau plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by the big red dog View Post
its the first, year second event... things arnt gonna be picture perfect the first time around. The leauge is still learning and there are things that they are going to have to work out. We "Paintball Players" need everyones support to make this league work. Instead of complaining do what u can to help it out.
Unfortunately, tournament paintballers tend to be *****es. I was going to the DC event to support the league even though we were only playing west coast tournaments. I ask on a continual basis if there is anything I can do to help. Get off of your computer and DO
scadreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:12 AM #61
DC Descent

There is no question in my mind that this league was not ready to run a season this year. The league needs a capable structure and strong leadership above all else and major league changes should have been done before they attempted to run events. Members of the team have enough experience that these things shouldn't happen at this point in the season.
DC Descent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:45 AM #62
BlackCellPB
Fueled By Success

BlackCellPB plays in the USPL
BlackCellPB plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Descent View Post
There is no question in my mind that this league was not ready to run a season this year. The league needs a capable structure and strong leadership above all else and major league changes should have been done before they attempted to run events. Members of the team have enough experience that these things shouldn't happen at this point in the season.
Did you attend Huntington Beach?
There were major changes! Very well organized! But appearently you forgot 1 Major thing........The need MONEY! SO, without the support of 50 teams to break even, they were unable to run the event. Let's face the reality, money makes things happen. I have learn that the heard way after being on the board of directors for several non-profits. So when people ask what the Pros do.....they volunteer their time. Look at the Bushwackers, the volunteered to ref Huntington Beach!

I plan on having at least 1 team at all the events and a second team at DC. Man up and turn your complaints into actions!

Last edited by BlackCellPB : 05-01-2009 at 05:56 AM.
BlackCellPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:55 AM #63
lopez17
Valar Morghulis

Annual Supporting Member
lopez17 is a Moderator
lopez17 is a Supporting Member
lopez17 is playing at Living Legends VII
lopez17 supports Pev's Paintball
lopez17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
lopez17 is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCellPB View Post
So FOX4PAINTBALL had a comment about Tom Fore. The reason to have it in DC is because it is centrally located for ALL the East Coast. So whether you are from Boston or Miami, you could drive it in 8-10 hours or pay $200 round trip instead of $300 on a round trip flight to Boston. It has nothing to do with tom Fore but Logistics and respect for ALL TEAMS! It's not because of Tom Fore or Arsenal!
Which is another great point. The DC Metro area has two if not three major airports offering flights daily which helps drive down airfare costs (Dulles, Reagan National and BWI).

lopez17 is offline   Reply With Quote