PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-24-2008, 08:48 AM #148
JoshNCPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSTWILL View Post
OU... we smashed you in the prelims, and you got sundays handed to you because they way they seeded... I'm pretty sure NEIC would have seen finals if the refs would have called a fair game for UCONN or Maryland against UCI. Good job on being handed 4th place, oh and by the way... how bad did you lose on Sunday?
The REFS called pretty damn fair games.... UCI just had a way of scoring 3 points in the last 3 minutes every game they played.... ....

Last edited by JoshNCPA : 04-24-2008 at 08:51 AM.
JoshNCPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-24-2008, 09:46 AM #149
Buddha997

yo josh good lookin out for the reffs. Buddha
Buddha997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:23 AM #150
cgpb2387
Galat - 100% in the B!tch

cgpb2387 is an NCPA National Champion
cgpb2387 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
OU... we smashed you in the prelims, and you got sundays handed to you because they way they seeded... I'm pretty sure NEIC would have seen finals if the refs would have called a fair game for UCONN or Maryland against UCI. Good job on being handed 4th place, oh and by the way... how bad did you lose on Sunday?
Get off your E-roids buddy...OU deserved to be in the final four.

Pass the blame and make excuses for your team however you want: maybe it was refs, bad seeding, whatever, but:

A) Your team LOST
B) ohio DIDNT and made it to semis

This guy should win the award for the biggest douche on pbn

2008 Red Army. Perfection.
MW

Last edited by cgpb2387 : 04-24-2008 at 11:37 AM.
cgpb2387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:42 AM #151
UMDpaintball
TMNT4life

has been a member for 10 years
UMDpaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
UMDpaintball is an NCPA player
UMDpaintball plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Ah to be young and full of angst.

Paintball Adventure Park
University of Maryland
UMDpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 12:55 PM #152
ar2b8

ar2b8 plays in the PSP
ar2b8 is an NCPA player
ar2b8 is an NCPA National Champion
ar2b8 plays in the APPA D3 division
plus, i dont think anyone thought that OHIO would beat purdue (but they did)...everyone was thinking that purdue was going to come to play. i know i didnt wanna have to play purdue in the semis, they had a stacked roster, but i just think they didnt know the field very well.

Central Illinois Army
No Limit Sponsorship Sale
The Hopper Guy
ar2b8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 12:57 PM #153
Devdues527
No Bueno

Annual Supporting Member
Devdues527 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Devdues527 is an NCPA player
Devdues527 plays in the APPA D5 division
Devdues527 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
we took third, slick willy
Yeah, we got sunday "handed to us" by having to go through the cup Winner Purdue

Chill homie,Nationals are over,
See you next year

Last edited by Devdues527 : 04-24-2008 at 01:06 PM.
Devdues527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:06 PM #154
Devdues527
No Bueno

Annual Supporting Member
Devdues527 is an NCPA player
Devdues527 plays in the APPA D5 division
Devdues527 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit

Its a playa haters ball in here

BTW thanks for the support from you guys, ISU,CSULB,Irvine,Drexel(swirly)

we hope to see the same great turnout next year

Last edited by Devdues527 : 04-24-2008 at 01:10 PM.
Devdues527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:17 PM #155
Magic Cocker
Dustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar2b8 View Post
plus, i dont think anyone thought that OHIO would beat purdue (but they did)...everyone was thinking that purdue was going to come to play. i know i didnt wanna have to play purdue in the semis, they had a stacked roster, but i just think they didnt know the field very well.
We came in cold having not played friday and with a pretty cocky mindset always thinking ahead to winning the whole thing. We knew the field pretty well but just didn't execute on anything. Penalties didn't help and even when we were down early we were still calm thinking win. I can't complain to much about any specific calls that were made during the OU vs Purdue game but there were some reffing mistakes that hurt us during the course of the game.

There was a critical point towards the end of the match where we were trying to bring it back. Apparently we got a minor penalty in the previous point from another line. The refs never told us we had another penalty on the board. We came out thinking we were playing 5 up again so off the break we get players pulled for not having anyone in the box. The refs never informed our line of the penalty and the penalty was never put on the board until the timeout clock was under 10 seconds. So that was another major.

Another time the scoreboard manager screwed us was one point where OU was rushing to get out of the pits and it didn't look like they were gonna make it for the break or at least they'd be tagging up as the buzzer was going to go off. I'm watching this as I'm coming off the field after giving advice to the line that just came out. For what seemed to me for no reason the scoreboard guy stops the timeout clock for a breif couple of seconds allowing the OU players to get set then starts it again. This was all with the timeout clock under 10 seconds. His only reply when I asked him wtf was "My head ref instructed me to."
Magic Cocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 02:18 PM #156
Buddha997

What up fellas this is the score board guy. First off the minor penalty was on the board maybe a little bit into the 2min break but for sure before the ten sec. Your team knows the rules look at the board and i don't mean that in a rude way at all. As for the time before the jump off of OU being late sorry man just doing what i was told by my ultimate. Sorry guys i know that it is a constant battle between Player and Reffs. That is all part of the game we love. By the way my sis went to Purdue i was rootin but i still have a job to do. You guys want impartial there it is man. Good luck to all you guys next year. I have to take finals i'm out
Buddha997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:31 PM #157
Rug Stain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devdues527 View Post

Its a playa haters ball in here

BTW thanks for the support from you guys, ISU,CSULB,Irvine,Drexel(swirly)

we hope to see the same great turnout next year
HATE HATE HATE HATE! lol

ILLINOIS STATE UNIVERSITY PAINTBALL
2008 NCPA Champions
Rug Stain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:22 PM #158
Fishsticks
He who dares, Wins

Fishsticks is a founding member
Fishsticks donated to help Peyton Trent
Fishsticks supports Bob Gurnsey
Fishsticks supports our troops
OU!

This is a very important lesson. You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end—which you can never afford to lose—with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be. - James Stockdale
Fishsticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:31 PM #159
sk33tmonk3y (Banned)
Always gets his target.

TSU is gonna win next season, hands down.
sk33tmonk3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:41 PM #160
eick02lp

eick02lp is a Supporting Member

Last edited by eick02lp : 04-30-2008 at 07:35 PM.
eick02lp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:44 PM #161
kuvs082
midwest's best

Quote:
boo... ive seen grade schoolers show more class
ILLINOIS STATE X-BALL #82
Sponsored By: Bud Light -- Farmers Insurance -- Sudden Impact
MW

Last edited by kuvs082 : 04-25-2008 at 03:57 PM.
kuvs082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:41 AM #162
Cerna
Semper Fi!

a belated congrats to the Virginia Tech team for getting 2nd.
Cerna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:37 AM #163
paintsprayerrr

paintsprayerrr plays in the PSP
paintsprayerrr plays in the APPA D1 division
Thanks Cerna, where have you been man.
paintsprayerrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:09 PM #164
Alpha Q Up
G.T.O.L

Alpha Q Up plays in the PSP
Alpha Q Up owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Alpha Q Up has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Alpha Q Up supports Empire
for dude who said MD smashed us in the prelims, first off you didnt smash us. Second off a few of our guys just got in from a 23 hour long drive from Ohio and got in at 5:45am only having about 20 min of sleep in. And it was our third match of the day... we were a bit tired. and we knew that whatever happened against you guys it wouldnt really affect us so we knew we could drop the match if need be. I am not saying you guys are bad in any way just a little justification as to why you guys "smashed" us so hard in the prelims.

Like everyone else said, thats the worst bad mouth post i have seen yet.. and the only one.

Welcome to college paintball Will! if and when we play maryland again we will make sure to look for that big head of yours!.. u might want to wear some extra protection around the noggin
Alpha Q Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:09 PM #165
niceshot009

well guys...let me throw this out here

first off...what Will said was full of anger, but to be honest, he just said what a lot of us were thinking but not willing to say...to say that UMD did not get the downside of a few key bad calls would be lying

deny what you would like, but the outcome of the UCI-UMD game saturday was in no way legit...it hurts me as a player to see my team lose due to referees...if you have a problem with that statement, you can talk to me about it...i can explain

also...for whoever said that this was the best reffing has honestly probably not been to many nationals...because 05 and 06 were absolutely amazingly reffed...im not sure, i might be wrong, but referees are payed to make calls and officiate the game, not to watch and occasionally point at someone...

i reffed soccer for 8 years, and i can tell you that theres no way i would have kept my job, or even made it out of the parking lot alive after games if i reffed the same way as the refs at nationals on the class A main field

secondly...im upset that im going to graduate and miss the excitement that this debacle of a nationals is going to cause for next season...cause you all talk a good game, but no one was really better than anyone else this year...no team stood out

and finally...thanks for the 4 years of college paintball guys...ive had some pretty memorable games

EX D.C. Monstars
UMD TERP Alum
R.I.P Black Label
R.I.P Descent Legion
niceshot009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:47 PM #166
BonanzION

Quote:
Originally Posted by niceshot009 View Post
deny what you would like, but the outcome of the UCI-UMD game saturday was in no way legit...it hurts me as a player to see my team lose due to their own decisions to cheat...if you have a problem with that statement, you can talk to me about it...i can explain
fixed. The refs did not lose the game for you. I payed my way through college reffing soccer. The one thing that is a guarantee in any game is that once a call is made, one side approves, the other side whines. Nature of the game.

What happened on saturday was your player ran by the center X, missed his target, got shot, then played on trying to complete his run through. No one likes games to end like that, but the referees made the right call. I saw it with my own eyes, so don't blame the referees for your decision to play on.
BonanzION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 08:00 PM #167
niceshot009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonanzION View Post
fixed. The refs did not lose the game for you. I payed my way through college reffing soccer. The one thing that is a guarantee in any game is that once a call is made, one side approves, the other side whines. Nature of the game.

What happened on saturday was your player ran by the center X, missed his target, got shot, then played on trying to complete his run through. No one likes games to end like that, but the referees made the right call. I saw it with my own eyes, so don't blame the referees for your decision to play on.
haha...i like that...you shoulda known if you were paying attention to that game that your center x guy was already shot in his loader and his head...yet continued to play on...and it was obvious hits to everyone

plus i like how the ref said the player running through was shot in the gogs...too bad there wasnt a spec of paint on them...then the ref started changing his story...real nice

EX D.C. Monstars
UMD TERP Alum
R.I.P Black Label
R.I.P Descent Legion
niceshot009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:49 AM #168
LSUSINS

whatever that AA scores that guy put up were totally bogus, go here for the real scores http://www.college-paintball.com/index.html
LSUSINS is offline   Reply With Quote