Community Focus

Old 04-08-2009, 02:54 PM #64
ThatGuy47
Matrix Man

has been a member for 10 years
ThatGuy47 plays in the USPL
ThatGuy47 plays in the PSP
ThatGuy47 plays in the APPA D2 division
If you played in the Pump division in huntington beach and would like to be featured on an article about the Pump division on www.pbgossip.com please pm me your email address so I can send over some questions.

Thank you!
Old 04-08-2009, 06:39 PM #65
D3AGL3_PBALLER
CN's Finest

D3AGL3_PBALLER posts videos on PbNation
D3AGL3_PBALLER has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
D3AGL3_PBALLER has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
D3AGL3_PBALLER has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalKitty View Post
What the hell are you even complaining about? are you trying to defend your ******* player that ran into someone by trying to bamf about shooting someone 4 times? get over it... even if the paint did break your player is a moron for running into someone and then getting pissed at THEM and pushing them. Tater already said that your player and him were both checked by refs and were free of paint, and that they were cool, no hard feelings. The complaint was about the ref not calling correct penalties on the field cause the refs SUCKED... which is what this thread is about. There are many people here talking about how much the reffing sucked, this was just one incident of refs not making the correct call by
A) no suspension for your player for aggressive physical contact and
B) no penalty for playing on with hits, if what you are even saying is true, which I find hard to believe
Reading comprehension. As I stated in my first post, I wasnt trying to justify what my teammate did, but dont come on a public forum trying to make it sound like we are the bad guys and the other team is a church group. It isnt that black and white, and it bothers me that you would come and make it seem as such consdering we do have sponsors and supporters that visit these forums regularly. You are right, playing on maliciously is definitely cheating. But as I said, I dont think your player was intently trying to play on. You say you felt two paintballs hit you (the player that got pushed), did you stop to check if they broke while running? No. Did that mean you were trying to play on...from where I saw you, I didnt see you point your marker my way so I dont think that is the case, however, I did have to turn my gun towards you and extra second because you kept running, and we all know in paintball that can make all the difference. **** happens, and when you bring issues up like that on a public board, you should make sure that they dont sound completely one sided, because some teams have a lot riding on what gets said on these forums.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:46 PM #66
motorpsycho
AIR-COOLED

motorpsycho supports Team VICIOUS
motorpsycho supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard8Mike View Post
Neither Hitmen team had a back player with an auto-trigger. Are you sure you're not thinking of Slow Moving Targets? They had a Hitmen player guesting for them (snake side player).
it might have been... there was a guy playing the U that had a hitman jersey...so i assumed that the rest of the players on the field were hitmen....including whoever had the auto trig...
Old 04-08-2009, 06:58 PM #67
yumarattlersgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
it might have been... there was a guy playing the U that had a hitman jersey...so i assumed that the rest of the players on the field were hitmen....including whoever had the auto trig...
I think that he was the only hitmen on the team. If it is the guy that I am thinking of (David-I think)...he played the U almost all day and that guys is good! Really FAST and a good shot. I am not sure if he was auto triggering but when we played them I had a ton of paint being put onto my bunker.

A special thank you to our sponsor pbwarehouse.net. The Yuma Rattlers are grateful and excited to have a new sponsor. A special thank you to Absolute Sports/Paintball Gateway/Check It Products.

pbwarehouse.net

pbgateway.com
Old 04-08-2009, 10:10 PM #68
Weeble Wabble

Ok...let's get this straight. The guy playing the U was from the hitmen. He is a great guy and we thank Sonny for letting him play with us. SMT is not a Hitmen team, but they are all our good friends. I am the big guy in the back with the auto-trigger and one of two in the over 40 group. Overall, I had a blast playing with and against friends on the beach. Yuma guys (and girl) are the best when it comes to fair play and attitude on the field. We need to get teams together and practice, BBQ and just have some fun. Thanks to Chuck and crew for not forgetting about the pumps.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:13 PM #69
Weeble Wabble

Also for the record. I have been trying to shoot out Tony from the Hitmen for the past 7 years. Once again... he gogs me. I will keep on trying. Maybe he will be nice and just let me shoot him out one day. Need some love. Peace out.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:16 PM #70
FatalKitty
I has the awesome

FatalKitty is a Paintball photographer
FatalKitty supports Cereal Killerz 2
FatalKitty donated to help Peyton Trent
FatalKitty helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3AGL3_PBALLER View Post
Reading comprehension. As I stated in my first post, I wasnt trying to justify what my teammate did, but dont come on a public forum trying to make it sound like we are the bad guys and the other team is a church group. It isnt that black and white, and it bothers me that you would come and make it seem as such consdering we do have sponsors and supporters that visit these forums regularly. You are right, playing on maliciously is definitely cheating. But as I said, I dont think your player was intently trying to play on. You say you felt two paintballs hit you (the player that got pushed), did you stop to check if they broke while running? No. Did that mean you were trying to play on...from where I saw you, I didnt see you point your marker my way so I dont think that is the case, however, I did have to turn my gun towards you and extra second because you kept running, and we all know in paintball that can make all the difference. **** happens, and when you bring issues up like that on a public board, you should make sure that they dont sound completely one sided, because some teams have a lot riding on what gets said on these forums.

so you just made my point.
you say someone played on (running 10 feet is not playing on, no one is expected to stop in the middle of the field to check themselves for paint, your player didn't) so you overshot them, then ran into them, then pushed them out of bounds... Your sponsors must be so proud.
Never have I seen such poor sportsmanship from pump players as I witnessed on Sunday watching from the sidelines.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:40 PM #71
tater326

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3AGL3_PBALLER View Post

I for one am not trying to make me or my team look like a church team... nor am i trying to make you or your team look bad.. i am saying this.. don't call me a cheater.. who the hell stops in the middle of a run and checks themselves.. that's what the refs are there for.. and good thing i did keep running cause if i would have stopped, looked, oh im not out yet... then start running again.. i prob would have gotten hit.. then been mad.. maybe then i wouldn't have been pushed but oh well.. either way.. im not saying your team is bad or my team is bad.. im am saying that pushing should have never happened weather someone plays on or whatever it is.. and you shouldn't call someone a cheater on a public forum.. like you are to me.. again i wan't hit and that's that.. prob should just let this go.. you repeating things and so am i.. it's starting to bore me now.. so have a good day.. good luck with your sponsers and any other torunys you guys play..

thanks..
Old 04-09-2009, 01:30 AM #72
yumarattlersgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeble Wabble View Post
Ok...let's get this straight. The guy playing the U was from the hitmen. He is a great guy and we thank Sonny for letting him play with us. SMT is not a Hitmen team, but they are all our good friends. I am the big guy in the back with the auto-trigger and one of two in the over 40 group. Overall, I had a blast playing with and against friends on the beach. Yuma guys (and girl) are the best when it comes to fair play and attitude on the field. We need to get teams together and practice, BBQ and just have some fun. Thanks to Chuck and crew for not forgetting about the pumps.
Thanks for the compliment...our team strives on fair play and attitude on the field. I personally only have a bad attitude off the field when my guys don't feed me after a day of pb. That is about all the attitude you will see from our team unless we are pissed at ourselves for stupid moves. It is crazy at some of the attitude problems that have come to pump play. Most of the old school teams are the only ones that reflect a good attitude (with exception of a few teams that we have met, just to name a couple, Vegas Chingons and Xandata).

Sorry for not complimenting everyone on the team but the post earlier was talking about your snake/U /Hitmen player. You guys all know what we think of your team but I will say it anyways...you guys are awesome and even after you kicked our a** you smiled and said good job.

See you guys at the next event!!

A special thank you to our sponsor pbwarehouse.net. The Yuma Rattlers are grateful and excited to have a new sponsor. A special thank you to Absolute Sports/Paintball Gateway/Check It Products.

pbwarehouse.net

pbgateway.com
Old 04-09-2009, 10:35 AM #73
ehos

ehos owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I dunno, I got tons of love from people I didn't even know. The Brotherhood dudes/gals were particularly awesome. Looks like everyone was smiling and having a good time (with a few exceptions of course).

GROUP HUGZ!!!!111
Old 04-09-2009, 03:15 PM #74
ctownca

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirePro84 View Post
I had a player run to bunker me in back center, my corner player shot him before he got there and hit me. so i stand up, not calling myself out, a ref runs over to wipe me and put me back in. so i kneel back down, and the player who shot me lites me up with an autotrigger saying that my back corner was already hit...so i stand up like "WTF!?" and then another one of his players shoots me again. never been overshot with pumps until then.
Hey Tim,

This is Milo from Flipped Out. Iím not sure you remember but I got a chance to play against you and Bacci when you played that pump tournament at Rankin Field in Central Cali. It was the pump tournament where only 4 teams showed and GP (Gorilla Paintball) got 1st place. I believe you guys called yourselves Crown Royale or something.

Anyhow, I wanted to clarify whether or not the incident you mentioned above was when you played against us (Flipped Out f. Blowfish). I donít think it was since the majority of our team was running stockfeed guns which kind of hinders auto-triggering and I donít recall ever saying your back corner was already hit.

There was a little commotion at the end of our game though and thatís what I want to address:

Here is the final seconds of the game the way that I saw it playing front center.

It was the back center (which turned out to be you) and the corner player left in the game. You guys were crossed up and at POINT A I was waiting to see when I could make my run down the middle, essentially waiting for a mistake. I saw that your corner turned to look/ shoot down the tape so I started to walk (it was more like a trot/ duck walk but that may sound a little too effeminate for paintball) up the field with my phantom pointed towards the corner player.

I started running a little before POINT B since I saw that your corner player was starting to switch back to cross with you. At point B, right before I got to you, your corner began to shoot at me but he either missed (or dry fired) and thatís when I bunkered you and put a shot on your neck. Please understand that this was unintentional since I meant to put it on your pack, but since you were kneelingÖ At no point did I put any extra shots on you since, in my mind, I had already clearly shot you in the back on the neck (again, unintentionally of course).

At POINT C, I had already passed your bunker and began to exchange with your back left at which point he shot me out, one hit on the shoulder and one hit on the mask. I started to walk to the dead box and whatever happened with the rest of the team after that I canít recall. I look back at it and I was technically already out of bounds since I passed the start box boundary, but whatever.

There was arguing because your corner believed that he shot me out at POINT B and he felt I didnít get to you in time. For the record, if I get shot, I will pull myself out. I donít cheat. He only really saw me and turned to shoot at me a little before I started running at POINT B. It was not until I got to point C that any shots even came close to me.

Thatís it, just my take on that particular game. Your corner player may see it differently but thatís the way I honestly saw it. I was a little peeved that there was the implication that I cheated and played on but for what itís worth, we leave all of the BS on the field and in the end it was still fun playing against you guys.

Your center player made a gutsy move to get the flag in the beginning of the game BTW, which surprised us. I came around the carwash and put 2 on him to make sure (no bonus balling intended) and was surprised I was able to jump back into my bunker.

Anyway, keep the Palmeritis alive and I hope to see you at one of those Palmer Days one day.

Peace,

Milo
Old 04-09-2009, 03:17 PM #75
ctownca

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehos View Post
I dunno, I got tons of love from people I didn't even know. The Brotherhood dudes/gals were particularly awesome. Looks like everyone was smiling and having a good time (with a few exceptions of course).

GROUP HUGZ!!!!111
Good to play against you guys. I'm glad you got a chance to come all the way out from Canada.

Peace,

Milo
Old 04-09-2009, 05:13 PM #76
FirePro84
Airsmith - Gun Tech

Annual Supporting Member
FirePro84 is a Supporting Member
FirePro84 plays in the USPL
FirePro84 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
FirePro84 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
FirePro84 supports Empire
Hey Milo! long time no see man...how's things been going down in so-cal with you guys? Sounds like it's been good so far, lol. That tourney at Rankin was the first time i met you...stupid square xball field :-P

anyway, i cant remember who we played against in the game in question (hell i dont know who we played against in any game except the last one, lol), however it probably was you guys. I didnt know that there were two of you there at the end. I think thats what may have been what the controversy was about now that i think of it. if it was you that shot me and then walked back to your box...the other guy (in the old school white Blackstar jersey) who came up the left afterwards was the only one i thought was there...who shot me several times after arguing with the ref that put me back in.

if it indeed was the game in question and thats what happened then i was out and the ref should have not wiped me off, but whatever...end of the game came out the same either way and it's no big deal. i just thought you and the other dude were the same person, heh.

Dave was the guy who snagged the flag at the start of the game, he was so mad at himself for looking the wrong way when he got to the other carwash, heh.

I try to leave all the field drama on the field as well, but the point i've been trying to lay down with d3agl3 was that the reffing left much to be desired while he keeps trying to argue that there was nothing anyone did wrong in that situation and that evidently pushing a player isnt a suspension worthy act...whatever, heh

Are you coming up north for the POG weekend coming up? i'm not sure when the exact dates are but i can find out. also, we're still doing sac pump days at Pete's field, all the details are on my website if you wanna make the drive for that...next one is the 11th, but we do one every month.

keep in touch dude! i gotta make it down south more and play with you guys and the now former clowns...and evidently get hookah stuff since there are TONS of hookah shops and cafe's down there while there's basically nothing up here.
- Paintball Tek on FaceBook

- w w w . P a i n t b a l l T e k . c o m
Old 04-09-2009, 11:08 PM #77
martial_law1972
LA Hitmen Oakland

that was Flipped out feat. Blowfish
feedback

LA Hitmen Oakland
Nor-Cal Devastation
Silent Killerz
Old 04-12-2009, 12:48 PM #78
ctownca

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctownca View Post
Here is the final seconds of the game the way that I saw it playing front center.

It was the back center (which turned out to be you) and the corner player left in the game. You guys were crossed up and at POINT A I was waiting to see when I could make my run down the middle, essentially waiting for a mistake. I saw that your corner turned to look/ shoot down the tape so I started to walk (it was more like a trot/ duck walk but that may sound a little too effeminate for paintball) up the field with my phantom pointed towards the corner player.

I started running a little before POINT B since I saw that your corner player was starting to switch back to cross with you. At point B, right before I got to you, your corner began to shoot at me but he either missed (or dry fired) and thatís when I bunkered you and put a shot on your neck. Please understand that this was unintentional since I meant to put it on your pack, but since you were kneelingÖ At no point did I put any extra shots on you since, in my mind, I had already clearly shot you in the back on the neck (again, unintentionally of course).

At POINT C, I had already passed your bunker and began to exchange with your back left at which point he shot me out, one hit on the shoulder and one hit on the mask. I started to walk to the dead box and whatever happened with the rest of the team after that I canít recall. I look back at it and I was technically already out of bounds since I passed the start box boundary, but whatever.

There was arguing because your corner believed that he shot me out at POINT B and he felt I didnít get to you in time. For the record, if I get shot, I will pull myself out. I donít cheat. He only really saw me and turned to shoot at me a little before I started running at POINT B. It was not until I got to point C that any shots even came close to me.
Here is me at POINT C confirming that there is no hit on my shoulder nor my mask (yet)... LoL... I guess the ref just assumed I got hit at POINT B and never really confirmed it... I have to give it to the refs though, right or wrong, they made a decision and stuck to it:

Old 04-12-2009, 12:50 PM #79
ctownca

Anyhow, Santa Clara Riot 5 Man PUmp... Anyone want to set up a NorCal-SoCal throw-together team?
Old 04-12-2009, 02:04 PM #80
FirePro84
Airsmith - Gun Tech

Annual Supporting Member
ya ya, rub it in

i'm down for a throw together team if you wanna play...when is it and what's the cost? that may be the only deciding factor

Old 04-12-2009, 08:40 PM #81
LittleKiller56
Mr. Belling

LittleKiller56 plays in the PSP
LittleKiller56 plays in the APPA D2 division
it is what it is....

dye field dominated the spyder field hands down = ]
Old 04-17-2009, 11:15 PM #82
Stockplayer

I’m the one that lit up the back center guy…heat of the moment…I was pissed because the guy in the back corner was hit on the inside of his left arm (by me) before the run through by Milo occurred. The back corner player then proceeded to run across the back of the field while shooting. I thought he was the last player in the game, so I just started walking up to him so I could point out the hit on his arm. Refs pull him finally and just start looking at me like what next. I then turned and saw the back center guy kneeling there also wondering what the hell was going on. I ask the refs to pull him too for the other player’s ridiculous run across the field with a hit on him. The refs did not the pull the kneeling player, and the kneeling player said, "I am not hit". So I put two on his head. They may have seemed like I was auto triggering but I was not.

No hard feelings I hope…its just paintball

Always Play Like Everyone Is Watching
><> Blowfish Paintball<><

Last edited by Stockplayer : 04-18-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:19 AM #83
FirePro84
Airsmith - Gun Tech

Annual Supporting Member
no worries dude, i understand now with the rest of the information i was missing that the ref should have not put me back in the game...but that's the point of this thread...

the reffing was pretty bad, like you said, they were looking around like "what do we do now...?"

personally i think the league should get their crap together before their next event so there aren't more problems like we had that day...get a set reffing staff, at least a set group of head refs and assistants to run the fields properly and interpret the rules...from what i heard the refs on the field could only say two things "address all complaints to the head ref" and "player go to your deadbox"...thats no way to run a field...

Old 04-19-2009, 01:21 PM #84
ctownca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockplayer View Post
Iím the one that lit up the back center guyÖheat of the momentÖI was pissed because the guy in the back corner was hit on the inside of his left arm (by me) before the run through by Milo occurred. The back corner player then proceeded to run across the back of the field while shooting. I thought he was the last player in the game, so I just started walking up to him so I could point out the hit on his arm. Refs pull him finally and just start looking at me like what next. I then turned and saw the back center guy kneeling there also wondering what the hell was going on. I ask the refs to pull him too for the other playerís ridiculous run across the field with a hit on him. The refs did not the pull the kneeling player, and the kneeling player said, "I am not hit". So I put two on his head. They may have seemed like I was auto triggering but I was not.

No hard feelings I hopeÖits just paintball
That's the part I didn't see when I was walking to the deadbox. I guess it makes sense now why the refs were trying to blame me for the situation. We're just moving so fast that we seem like one person... LoL.

It is what it is... Good times no-the-less... It beats grading papers at home.

Erik, thanks to you and pom for playing with us. Playing with you guys gave me a better understanding of how to combine precision with aggressiveness. Too bad most of our players are on hiatus and playing less often, if at all. Put our teams together and I think we could show folks what a modified stock team can really do.

Tim, I'm going to try to head up for the Palmer Day.

Peace,
Milo