Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-06-2009, 12:19 AM #1
superswole

NME Pressure Issue and strange noises

I have a nme LE and i'm having a problem and need some help. I lubed the lpr and chrono's at 305 -315 at about 7 bps. No drop off. The lpr gauge does bounce quite a bit set at 90 will drop half way with each shoot but recharge seems ok. HPA is flush. When dry firing it seems to cycle fine. Sounds good.. As sone as I shoot some balls it makes a "psst" sound every shoot-pretty loud and sound is consistent from first shot to last. Seems also that air effec. is really bad. Goes though air maybe 3 times faster than expected. I Tried a brand new hybrid reg and made same noise. Maybe something with the Ram is all I can think of. Any ideas????
superswole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2009, 03:35 AM #2
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

SEAL 6 is playing at Living Legends VI
SEAL 6 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
1) check the poppet o-ring
2) check your dwell setting. should be around 8-9
3) check the front ram o-ring (probably not it)
4) get it running at 280 fps

it's probably the dwell being SUPER high, along with a bone dry poppet. but the dwell is most likely it.
System X NME LE Black/Silver
(but everyone still loves the minimag)
SEAL 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:36 AM #3
superswole

strange noise

Yeah I reset to factory settings. I check my other nme and the gauage seems to bounce almost the same on the lpr during firing. That common?? Still make the same noise. Played around with HPA and lpr pressure. Same noise. I going to try lubing the ram and poppet and see what happens. Gun did sit for probably 4 years or so. Looks new, no breach wear so I doubt anything is worn out. Could it be the solenoid making the noise??
Old 04-06-2009, 04:58 PM #4
DRTHV8R

might be the solenoid
i would knock the operating pressure down a bit and check to see if all the microline fittings are screwed in tight then try it again. mine did something similar and the front microline on the inside of the front block was a bit loose.
DRTHV8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:11 AM #5
superswole

noise issue

Not the marco line. I put my ear to the solenoid and dry fired (ouch im now half deaf) and doesn't seem like it is coming from the noid. Seems too consistent on velocity if noid was sticking. Noise seems to come right out barrel. Seems like it could be coming from poppet area. Anyone have any documents on dissassembling the internals. Nothing in manual and I can't seem to find anything anywhere.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:49 AM #6
Tim Foolery
Mr. Goodnews

I had this issue A LOT on my old NME's I found it was Ram Related. I always replace my stock Ram Sleeves and Rams with Bob Long Parts lol. However you may be able to fix your problem by taking both Ram Orings off and wrap some teflon tape around the groves. Then replace the orings and lube liberally with Dow 55. That should definitely fix your problems.
Tim Foolery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:59 AM #7
superswole

noise issue

Ok But can you give me a explation as to why this works. Do the orings not seal and need to be spaced out. Is it the air getting around the ram making the noise? How many wraps of tape should be applied. What bob long parts do I get to better fix the problem. I have 4 nme's so I'd like to fix this problem the right way and stock up on bob long parts if necessary. Thanx for the help
Old 04-10-2009, 10:19 PM #8
superswole

Noise issue still problem

Well as recommended I wrapped the ram grooves with 3 wraps of teflon tape and lubed the ram with dow 55. Also lubed poppet and such. Now shoots 265-270 in a vary narrow range of hpa adjusting with lpr at 80. Still makes same noise at 255fps and below. But does it only 1 out of 8 shots or so at 265 fps. Cant get speed up at all. Before I did this procedure I shoot 305-315. So it did at points make the noise go away. But still makes noise at lower operating pressure and can't get speed up. Should I replace the ram??? What would fit. Thanx Guys for the help
Old 04-14-2009, 05:00 AM #9
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

you have 4 NME's? holy ****, man...

if your HPR is at flush and you can't get the speed up, and it sounds like your HPR isn't making enough pressure to complete a good cycle. try dropping in someone else's reg and try tuning the velocity then. it should work provided you keep the LPR within a good range of 80-90.

if it's not the reg, it's your seals. the poppet is normally my first guess, but if you just dealt with it, then check your cup seal. i've never had one go out, but it sounds like that may be it.

i have no clue wtf you did to your ram. you should just be able to replace the 0-rings and use dow55. teflon tape sounds excessive. i dunno though, Tim knows what he's talking about.

btw, what are your settings at? upping your dwell really can help, also if your batteries are dead the noid becomes a little lackluster and ca sometimes fail to fully actuate the poppet. this can be compensated by upping the pressures, but only to a point.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:08 AM #10
Tim Foolery
Mr. Goodnews

Quote:
Originally Posted by superswole View Post
Ok But can you give me a explation as to why this works. Do the orings not seal and need to be spaced out. Is it the air getting around the ram making the noise? How many wraps of tape should be applied. What bob long parts do I get to better fix the problem. I have 4 nme's so I'd like to fix this problem the right way and stock up on bob long parts if necessary. Thanx for the help
Okay, this fixed the problem for me because I found that the system x Ram Sleeves, or the Ram's had a tolerance issue. I believe it was the Ram Sleeve because I actually like using an NME Ram in my intimidators in place of stock 2k2 Ram's and it always worked fine.

The parts you need to replace IF you want to go that way are the Ram Sleeve at least and the Ram if you wish. Keep in mind that all the other system x users are happy with their stock parts. I, just as they all can tell you, just love Bob Long products. All the other parts will work with the marker such as back cap, cup seal, poppit, and so forth.

Also. Take out your bolt and open up your clam shell. Try running shooting the marker like this and see if you can distinguish where the sound is coming from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by superswole View Post
Well as recommended I wrapped the ram grooves with 3 wraps of teflon tape and lubed the ram with dow 55. Also lubed poppet and such. Now shoots 265-270 in a vary narrow range of hpa adjusting with lpr at 80. Still makes same noise at 255fps and below. But does it only 1 out of 8 shots or so at 265 fps. Cant get speed up at all. Before I did this procedure I shoot 305-315. So it did at points make the noise go away. But still makes noise at lower operating pressure and can't get speed up. Should I replace the ram??? What would fit. Thanx Guys for the help
Hmm, these results both help reveal and confuse things. These results show that the plume of air was in fact caused by the Ram Ram/Ram Sleeve. If you haven't already, but I assume you would have, replace the Ram orings and lube them with Dow 55 and see if it helps. If it doesn't I am almost certain it's the Ram Sleeve.

I think three layers may have been excessive since you now can't chrono the marker right, but it does tell us something. Please use the term Velocity or FPS in terms of ball speed, and speed in terms of shots per second so my simple mind doesn't get confused lol

I believe that what's happening is that while your rear oring is sealing fine, (I will explain a good test for this bellow) your front oring is what's causing your marker to get a poor seal. So what happens is when your marker shoots the air pushes against the back oring fine and it pushes the ram and bolt forward causing your shot just fine at 300fps. Then when the solenoid resets and the air starts to push back on the front oring there is for some reason a lack of a seal and that noise you hear is air escaping past it. This could also be the cause for any bps issues.

I had this issue myself several times. Mainly on my older NME's. The newer production ones and the LE's never had the issue. I am not sure if I should blame the Ram/Ram Oring or the Ram Sleeve. I believe it to be the Ram Sleeve because I believe that somewhere in the front section of the Ram Sleeve near where the ram sits when in the forward positon there is a poor finish or tolerance which allows air to get past the oring.

EDIT:
Quote:
i have no clue wtf you did to your ram. you should just be able to replace the 0-rings and use dow55. teflon tape sounds excessive. i dunno though, Tim knows what he's talking about.
I'll explain this. It's a trick I learned once for fixing an oring in a bind. If your oring isn't getting a good seal and you are in a tough spot say at the field or something, you can put the Teflon tape bellow the oring to raise it a bit and get a good seal. I did this once or twice on a couple of my NME's (I've now owned 4 as well but not all at once like this guy) and I found it always helped especially on the front oring on the Ram. I always found that the rear oring worked fine (I will explain a good trick to check to see if you are getting a good seal on it bellow.) That's why I suggested it simply to see what the results were.

OKAY REAR ORING TEST

This test is a pain in the *** so I am suggest doing it when the marker is apart so you don't have to take it apart to do it. With a fully assembled marker you would have to take the frame off as well as the hoses. Now with the Body and mechanical parts of the marker together put your bolt in the back position and press your thumb against the rear barb with generous pressure. Now push the bolt forward and see what happens when you let go of the bolt. If it snaps back into place it means you created a vacuum an your seal was good, if it doesn't snap back you can replace the rear oring and lube it and it will create a good seal.

Last edited by Tim Foolery : 04-14-2009 at 06:28 AM.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:26 AM #11
Tim Foolery
Mr. Goodnews

good lord what a response. I tell you what man. I have an idea. I can send you a 2k2 Ram Sleeve to replace one of your ram sleeves. Your other stock parts will work fine with it. If it fixes the problem I was right, you can keep pay me what you think is fair. If it doesn't work then oh well keep it anyway.

Just a thought.

Last edited by Tim Foolery : 04-14-2009 at 06:33 AM.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:01 PM #12
superswole

Alright I'm going to try a new int ram I got from hybrid. New in the box. I'll see what happens. hey i only have 4 nme's now my icd freestyle collection is a bit out of control but man they shot so nice and are so damn cheap. I think I have about 36 markers now and they are my favorite to shoot. i'd pick one over a ego anyday. I do like the NME becuase they are a great gun for the price and look great. Also no one has them. Mini's ego's shockers and pm's dominate my area.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:16 PM #13
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

lol i definitely read that wrong. i thought that you were teflon taping ON TOP of the o-ring. XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD
what you said makes a lot more sense.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:44 AM #14
Tim Foolery
Mr. Goodnews

LMAO...

Poor seal.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:55 PM #15
SEAL 6