Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 01-01-2009, 02:52 PM #22
WhiteRiverPaintball
Indiana's Largest Field

WhiteRiverPaintball is playing at Living Legends V
WhiteRiverPaintball posts videos on PbNation
New Years Night Game

We wanted to thank the 40+ people who came out for our night game last night. We had a good time, and we're glad you did too.

We'll probably be doing some more night games in the future. Stay tuned to the website for updates.
White River Paintball Field is over 100 acres of urban, woodsball and scenario paintball, located in the Indianapolis, Indiana metro area. WRP also features an on-site pro-shop, 10 acre camping area, epic scenario events and over a dozen playing fields including multiple aircraft, two-story towers, multi-acre city, forts, military vehicles, jungle huts, deep woods and more!

Upcoming Scenario Event Schedule:

* Battle for Chicago: Mafia Wars - November 7th, 8th & 9th, 2014 *
* Jungle Run: Blood Diamonds - March 20th, 21st & 22nd, 2015*
* Summer 2015 Scenario Event - July 17th, 18th & 19th, 2015 *
Join us on Facebook
WhiteRiverPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2009, 08:45 PM #23
CON*RAD
Infinity Legend

Annual Supporting Member
CON*RAD is playing at Living Legends VI
CON*RAD owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CON*RAD is for the Gunfight
will I be able to park my truck in the camping area if I am sleeping in the bed of it (camper shell and matress), lol?

anyway I cant wait for this, it will be awsome. Go Germans!
Deception Family #13
Check out my marker sale! Luxe, vapor, pm8 and etek inside-
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post83620681
CLEAN DARK SFT shocker-
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4401250
CON*RAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:38 PM #24
WhiteRiverPaintball
Indiana's Largest Field

You'll be able to park it and camp - definitely.
White River Paintball Field is over 100 acres of urban, woodsball and scenario paintball, located in the Indianapolis, Indiana metro area. WRP also features an on-site pro-shop, 10 acre camping area, epic scenario events and over a dozen playing fields including multiple aircraft, two-story towers, multi-acre city, forts, military vehicles, jungle huts, deep woods and more!

Join us on Facebook
Old 02-20-2009, 02:37 PM #25
CON*RAD
Infinity Legend

Annual Supporting Member
ok, thanks. can we buy paint by like 500ct or 1000ct? that would be nice because I will not need a case while pumping...
Deception Family #13
CLEAN DARK SFT shocker-
Old 02-20-2009, 04:16 PM #26
Daniel1015

oh im soo pumped. do you guys have a fax machine? i have to turn in an applacation
Old 02-22-2009, 03:09 PM #27
WhiteRiverPaintball
Indiana's Largest Field

Yes we do - 888-807-4122

Join us on Facebook
Old 02-26-2009, 02:33 PM #28
CON*RAD
Infinity Legend

Annual Supporting Member
Quick question for the pro shop, what masks do you carry and whats the price per each? I am looking for either a proflex in black or camo, events in black, or profilers in a darker color...

Thanks, I would hate to use my current mask in a scenario game (look at avy lol)...
Deception Family #13
CLEAN DARK SFT shocker-
Old 03-01-2009, 10:07 AM #29
Daniel1015

is anyone going out there today? im going by myself, and i was wondering if anyone would wanna meet up
Old 03-01-2009, 09:14 PM #30
ihatekorea79
Thats not 12 inches!

Who is going to be out there for the big game on the 14-15th? Myself and a couple of guys are coming up from Richmond to check it out. Will be our first time at White River, but we are pumped. We have played another field in Anderson and had fun. Sorry to say but the prices originally kept us from checking out you guys. Saw that you guys had expanded and saw the ad for the big game and knew we had to check it out. With the size and number of fields you have now, you provide enough variety that the price is fine in our books and the scenario price is no different than any other we have played in the past. We are excited and cant wait to get out and play. Any pointers from any regulars as to where on the field the action will be, or anything we should avoid?lol Also, is anyone else going to be camping out there? I know its March and probably going to be to cold for my tent, but we got a van we are probably going to be staying in and just wondering if anyone else is going to be camping and hanging out all night... Again we cant wait to check the place out!
Sumo #93
Killing For
ihatekorea79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:14 AM #31
WhiteRiverPaintball
Indiana's Largest Field

The action will be all over. We're pushing 200 players for pre-registration.

We'll have quite a few campers. The only thing I can guarantee for the camping and fields is that its going to be muddy.

See you at the event.

Join us on Facebook
Old 03-02-2009, 11:34 AM #32
ihatekorea79
Thats not 12 inches!

Woohoo its going to be muddy....cant wait....lol Sounds like you guys have it going on up there, we are really looking forward to it. Hopefully the weather stays nice for that weekend.
Sumo #93
Killing For
Old 03-06-2009, 10:05 AM #33
ihatekorea79
Thats not 12 inches!

Hey is we pre registered are we going to get anything in the mail, or we just get everything at the field?
Sumo #93
Killing For
Old 04-07-2009, 01:15 PM #34
tehSAC

Just wanted to say I came out a couple weekends ago, for my first time playing. I had a great time and I shall be back soon.
tehSAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:59 AM #35
matt_keyboardfury
ballin

The prices kept me from checking this place out, but this last weekend, 4-4-09, we made the trip to check it out. If you are a recballer, this is your dream come true. I really couldnt imagine it getting any better than this.

if you have a spare weekend scope this place out.

edit: my friends and i went down the list of indiana paintball fields and looked at their sites for field hours and pricing, saw this and skipped it(last summer). we had some extra time and we wanted to see it on the 4th, so we came and were impressed with the fields, it looks like you guys actually tried.
when we pulled into your parking lot and saw this place was legit, we planned on coming here two weekends of every month and bringing people with us every time, however when we saw the paint prices you had posted in your pro shop, we looked at each other at the same time and shook our head. so instead of making it a routine thing like we usually do, we scheduled it on the calendar, 2nd weekend of may, then the scenario event in july. thats it, 2 times ill be playing. til august.
if i paid the 1 year or 6 month field fee, thatd be another month i couldnt play. i came with 2 people, one of those, my frend justin, is 16 and does random jobs in his neighborhood and saves allowance, he wont be coming, and along with him his brother, and friend who also play, and then the people they know, i guess the word of mouth thing isnt a myth, i saw it first hand . I still plan on bringing people with me but can you imagine how the conversation would go?

"hey man you wanna play some pball next weekend?
"sure how much do i need?
"oh, just 120 dollars or so ought to get you there and home"
"what the heck? do i get to keep the rental gun?"

I believe you guys have a good thing going, and its worth the price for me, but it doesnt matter what its worth if i >>cant<< pay it. its not that we dont want to play at your place, its because we cant.

im sure youve thought of this but im just restating it here, but if you charged less for paint/entry, either or both, people could afford to make a purchase or two in your shop, or maybe a person who has all of their equipment could play more often. you know this conversation comes up with every person who plays there.

if i didnt care about your place i wouldnt have made a post this big. sorry if it sounds like a rant.

Last edited by matt_keyboardfury : 04-11-2009 at 01:39 AM.
matt_keyboardfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:27 PM #36
xmas_asn
&quot;Accuracy by Volume&quot;

Lightbulb sup

hey i just wanted to share a story with the guys of white river. i visited a few weeks ago for the first time. and i was going to bring 2 friends. (all of who are not new to paintball)
i called and set up my me preregister (to save cash) it cost me $20 field and all day air. (saved 5 bucks) and $74 for a case of paint. (saved 10 bucks)

when i called my friends after that to let them know what it cost me they backed out. saying they cant spend that much money.

that is not the first time i have heard of people backing out of playing here because of the cost.

the only reason i was going to pay the price was that i was going to have 2 friends going with.

so think of it this way.

3 players = 60$ field fees (with 5$ discounts with preregister)
3 cases of paint= 222$ (thats if everyone orders there paint separately with discount from preregister)
total of 282$ (plus tax)

i will give you credit we would have saved 45$ total.

but the other 2 players backed out. and the field lost 148$ worth of paint being sold and 40$ worth of field fees. plus the INSANE amount of monster energy drinks they would have bough.

in this once case if you field fees would have been.. say 15 bucks (if we brought or own guns) and a case of paint would have been.. about 60 bucks. 75 total per player

if that was the total cost you would have made 225$

a loss of 57$ (if all 3 players would have shown up)
but only i showed up.

so the field made 94$ plus what i spent in on snacks and not the 225 it could have.

its just some ideas. and plus if you do this and lower prices to attract more people you will make more on concessions.

and another aspect of more people is flow of new players that will also increase your amount of advertisement my "word of mouth". some kid goes with a friend and plays. finds out he loves paintball. monday rolls around school starts. and he tells all his friends what a amazing time he had at white river. telling all kinds of storys about what he did. if 3 kids from one school play and love it and tell there storys to there friends that 3 kids turns into 15 and then more and more. all those kids someone has to have rich parents and pitch out the money for a A5 or a Invert Mini.

if you can lower prices to something more affordable to a kid visiting on lawn mowing money and allowance you will see a increase in profits.

just my ideas. thanks.

Last edited by xmas_asn : 04-09-2009 at 09:52 AM.
xmas_asn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:03 AM #37
kiddkutt

In their defense...their field fee is in line with about every field in or around central indiana. $25 is the basic going rate. I will agree that that when I played there, the paint was over priced and under quality.

$84 for a case of paint is just ridiculous! PERIOD.

And Ben if you are reading this, Please take this as me being honest and not just trying to flame. I had a blast up there, the new fields look great and your scenario games look like you have put a lot of thought into them. For that I applaud you. But my wife and I have agreed that we will not play up there again due to the quality of paint and the price of paint. Good luck with the 2009 season and I hope you can make some headway on your paint issue.

-Scott
Old 04-09-2009, 02:02 PM #38
CON*RAD
Infinity Legend

Annual Supporting Member
yeah I can go to another local field and buy paint for 30-45 bucks a case and only pay 15 for intry. That allows me to play almost every week or twice a week at that field. I have only been to white river one time and it left me broke for the following weekend. None the less I enjoy the field alot, the staff is great and I will be back again soon. But everyone has a point about the pricing, it is alittle steep.

Lower cost = more people = more money, just my way of thinking about it...
Deception Family #13
CLEAN DARK SFT shocker-
Old 04-09-2009, 02:44 PM #39
ihatekorea79
Thats not 12 inches!

I dont want to argue paint pricing, I know paint is expensive and people have to make some money, so I dont mind paying alot for paint...But...at the same time, if I am paying top dollar for a case of paint I am going to expect top quality in return. I have to tell you, the one time I played at WR, durring the last scenario, the paint quality was highly disapointing. Just from initial inspection upon opening the case, I could tell some of the paint was badly dimpled and mis-shapen. The visual characterstics carried over onto the field as well, all in all, the paint was the one thing that disapointed me durring my time playing at WR. I have chocked it up as probably a bad skid and will give them one more shot at the next scenario they have, keeping my fingers crossed the paint issue was just a fluke.
Sumo #93
Killing For
Old 04-11-2009, 07:57 PM #40
matt_keyboardfury
ballin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddkutt View Post
In their defense...their field fee is in line with about every field in or around central indiana. $25 is the basic going rate. I will agree that that when I played there, the paint was over priced and under quality.
ya, but recballers with lots of friends who only play once or twice a month, dont mind driving 2 to 3 hours. honestly i wonder if it wouldnt be a bad idea to lower prices now and get the word of mouth out for the normandy event, then raise it again if it doesnt get more people in.

Last edited by matt_keyboardfury : 04-11-2009 at 07:59 PM.
matt_keyboardfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:34 PM #41
WhiteRiverPaintball
Indiana's Largest Field

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatekorea79 View Post
I dont want to argue paint pricing, I know paint is expensive and people have to make some money, so I dont mind paying alot for paint...But...at the same time, if I am paying top dollar for a case of paint I am going to expect top quality in return. I have to tell you, the one time I played at WR, durring the last scenario, the paint quality was highly disapointing. Just from initial inspection upon opening the case, I could tell some of the paint was badly dimpled and mis-shapen. The visual characterstics carried over onto the field as well, all in all, the paint was the one thing that disapointed me durring my time playing at WR. I have chocked it up as probably a bad skid and will give them one more shot at the next scenario they have, keeping my fingers crossed the paint issue was just a fluke.
I appreciate your feedback. I agree about the last batch of paint at the scenario. The marbalizer that we used was not our field paint, but event paint from Kee. However, it is our responsibility to maintain a high level of quality of paintballs, and we have voiced our distaste of the last batch of paint to Kee.

But, I would like to point out that we did buy the highest quality of paint that we could get - Marbalizer - for the event. The regular field paint we use is a evil/marb shell with a premium fill that comes in an RPS premium box. We have to have the paint custom made for environmental reasons (100% + no titanium dioxide... aka white coloring agent found in 99% of paint).

As far as the case pricing, the reason why we have it as such is because most of the players that play here do not shoot a case of paint. Most players shoot about 500-700 paintballs in a day. They split a case with 4 people at $74 and pay about $18.50 per person for a day's worth of paint. If most of our customers shot a case of paint, we could do the numbers differently.

The membership is an option for players. With the membership you'll receive free entry/air/equipment and $15 off every case automatically ($69 per case).

Again, I appreciate the feedback and I don't see the posts as flames in the slightest.

Join us on Facebook
Old 04-13-2009, 07:42 AM #42
kiddkutt

So most of your players shoot only 500-700 paintballs and they just split a case 4 ways and its only $18.50 a case...Could it be that a player only shoots 500-700 paintballs because the case cost $84? You see...it numbers work both ways.

I will tell you, like I told you before. Paint cost in the #1 consideration for most players. Entry fees are entry fees...but whether the field is BYOP or FPO plays a huge part...Even more so when its FPO and the price is $84 a case.

Just to give you a little market research to think about. Here are the paint prices of the other fields in your area.

Indy Acres $65 per case
Proving Grounds $50 per case
Paintball Indiana $54 per case

Even WITH the membership, you are still the most expensive on paint. I would guest thats why you may not be getting the core players to visit.