Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-13-2008, 08:54 PM #1
Swater

Unhappy problem with bt e-grip

well first of alli just bought an egrip from canadien paintball and its only been like (now 5 days) and i just started using it for the first time on the third day and it was working ok....felt a bit differnt because it did not hit its rampage mode for some reason and it took it about 2 pulls of the trigger for it to fire once.....

so when i opened it to tech it at there proshop it noticed that the small little piston wasnt really hitting the part of the trigger far enough to release the bolt, so that it can let the hammer go farward to shoot(basicly to let the marker fire).

then the proshop told me to switch batteries ...might be because of that...so i did and it did the same thing....and for some reason i switched back and now that little peace stoped moving compleatly...(the samll part that hits a small trigger that releases the bolt)

now the only thing that is working on the e-grip is the lights flashing on and off everytime i pull the trigger and well the lights.....

the thing that is not working is the small compresser (i think thats whats it called) is not moving completely....

can anyone help me??

please email me if you know exactly what is rong because i tryed to email btpaintball 2 days ago but nothing and i cant even register my paintball marker because there site is under construction or somthing...and i need this to work for a BIG game comming up in two weeks

Last edited by Swater : 03-13-2008 at 08:57 PM.
Swater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 07:00 AM #2
SOGSnakebite (Banned)

There might be several reasons for this, but before u call BT try these simple fixes

http://bt.warrior-online.com/forum/i...=3350&hl=egrip
http://bt.warrior-online.com/forum/i...egrip+problems
SOGSnakebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:22 AM #3
robertseakykr

Two trigger pulls to fire the marker = either sear height is too high, or the capacitor is fubar. Have you tried adjusting the sear height?

To adjust the sear to proper height:

Take the small allen key that came with your grip and , with the grip installed but the battery removed and the marker cocked but NOT AIRED UP, insert it through the top hole in your trigger and engage the sear height adjustment screw. Turn the screw in (clockwise) untill the marker just de-cocks. Now turn the screw back out 1 1/8 turns. To prevent the screw from creeping back during use you should really remove it and put some blue loctite on it before you do the adjustment.

If you properly adjust it and it still won't fire with a fresh brand name alkaline battery installed, you'll need to send it to BT for repair/replacement. If I were you, I'd take it back to where you bought it and exchange it for another one.
robertseakykr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 12:35 PM #4
Swater

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertseakykr View Post
Two trigger pulls to fire the marker = either sear height is too high, or the capacitor is fubar. Have you tried adjusting the sear height?

To adjust the sear to proper height:

Take the small allen key that came with your grip and , with the grip installed but the battery removed and the marker cocked but NOT AIRED UP, insert it through the top hole in your trigger and engage the sear height adjustment screw. Turn the screw in (clockwise) untill the marker just de-cocks. Now turn the screw back out 1 1/8 turns. To prevent the screw from creeping back during use you should really remove it and put some blue loctite on it before you do the adjustment.

If you properly adjust it and it still won't fire with a fresh brand name alkaline battery installed, you'll need to send it to BT for repair/replacement. If I were you, I'd take it back to where you bought it and exchange it for another one.

i tryed to send it back to where i got it....(canadien paintball) and they told me its a $20 sitting fee and no they will not replace it i have to send it back.....andi h ave to get my bt registerd with bt but there site is down and i need my egrip fixed i got a big team game next week.....and the capacitor is not moving at all....its not the fact that it was moving a bit but now its not moving.....and the lights are on and everything....
Old 03-14-2008, 01:39 PM #5
robertseakykr

It's actually the solenoid that moves the sear, the capacitor is what stores the voltage that fires the solenoid. It's the black cylinder that's connected to the board by two wires. Does the light blink when you pull the trigger?
Old 03-14-2008, 03:04 PM #6
Swater

Quote:
It's actually the solenoid that moves the sear, the capacitor is what stores the voltage that fires the solenoid. It's the black cylinder that's connected to the board by two wires. Does the light blink when you pull the trigger?
yes it does....
Old 03-14-2008, 10:03 PM #7
robertseakykr

Well, if you have access to a multi-meter you could test the capacitor and solenoid but attempting a homebrew fix is gonna demo your warrantee. I'd say it's definately a board/cap/solenoid issue. That sucks that Canadian Paintball has such s____y customer support. I won't be using them for sure. Looks like you need to give BT a phone call, they'll definately fix it for you but you won't have it back in time for your game...where are you at? If you ask over at BT Warrior, somebody might have a grip they'd loan you till you get yours back.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:12 AM #8
Swater

Quote:
Well, if you have access to a multi-meter you could test the capacitor and solenoid but attempting a homebrew fix is gonna demo your warrantee. I'd say it's definately a board/cap/solenoid issue. That sucks that Canadian Paintball has such s____y customer support. I won't be using them for sure. Looks like you need to give BT a phone call, they'll definately fix it for you but you won't have it back in time for your game...where are you at? If you ask over at BT Warrior, somebody might have a grip they'd loan you till you get yours back.
would you actually think that they would lend my an e-grip for the game...i highly doubt it....but yea it is a crappy customer support they have....not even 3 days and they dont somthign about it.....-_- im from Toronto....

thanks to all for trying to help me out...-_- hopefully somone from BT hears me out in my situation....
thanks to all that tryed to help...hopefully somone from BT will hear me out on this
btw i did call them and they told me to eather go back to where i bought it or send it back because its totaly fried then if the solenoid is not moving....

and CP (Canadian paintball) told me to send it in because they are not a big buyer from them so they have to vouchers or some bullsheit, they keep compairing themselves with best buy how you can bring things in and they will replace it and they are not like that...altho on thier web sit it stats that " We are the number one (in bold and red) distributor for some of the major manufacturers" and i believe that BT is a major manufacurers (ben tippmann)

Last edited by Swater : 03-15-2008 at 12:18 AM.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:36 PM #9
BattleTested_Ryan

Have you tried PaintballSolutions.com ? CALL 1.800.220.3222 If nobody picks up, keep trying. They are a little under staffed right now but they will be able to help you.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:41 PM #10
Swater

i am assuming that it is a toll free number because i am from Toronto, eather way i sent my bt in .... but i would still have to tech my mr1 lol
Old 03-17-2008, 05:41 PM #11
LettuceHead
Yes, its a pump!

has been a member for 10 years
Hmmm...

You mentioned Rampage mode... is it not the stock board?

What is the difference between CO2 and Compressed Air?

Some of my paintball writing work
LettuceHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 04:06 PM #12
mitchemall

If you send the gun back see if you can just upgrade to the elite delta you should be able to
mitchemall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:23 PM #13
Hujj14

Same Thing Happened To Me

Hi,Im just wondering if u fixed ur BT-Etrigger and if u did can u plz email me at NZerka92@hotmail.com..... thanks
Hujj14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:12 AM #14
rieber

rieber is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Hujj14, this thread is actually few days short of being a year old. If you are experiencing issues with your Electronic trigger than call 1-800-220-3222 for assistance from paintball solutions.