Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-06-2009, 05:56 PM #22
shooptek

Unfortunately, as many other people have said, most of those complaints are your own fault. Going into a tournament you should know to have all of your gear clean, as to avoid this kind of confusion. It may seem obvious to you that a hit is old, but how is a ref supposed to know that. It is their job to pull you out if they think you are hit (not bunker rubbed), regardless of what the hit looks like.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:10 PM #23
pumpchef
#82 Chef / Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumarattlersgirl View Post
My team never complains and we are not complaining by any means. We appreciate what the USPL did for Pump play and adding this to their schedule. If you ask the HEAD REFS that know our team (and Evil Intent) we do not argue, have bad attidudes, and appreciate what the refs do. BUT I WILL STATE THE FACTS! I saw the calls against Evil Intent and they were BS and very obvious that they were old hits...even looked like the Jersey had been washed! You can not always get all stains out of your jerseys even after you wash them. The calls were very one sided. Refs would not go into bunkers for paint checks. I had a ref check me once out of 8 games and I was at the 50 tape pillow pretty much off the break and he was standing right next to me. That is the only time any of our guys were checked. I had shot a guy in the neck that tried to bunker me, he fell on the ground, tried to wipe it, still firing at my other guys, and they pulled me and I had no hit on me???!!!! After I pointed the hit on the guys neck out to two refs, he had already taken out 2 of my players, and they finally pulled him. I shot another player 2 times, they grabbed the flag, ran it in, and when I got taken out, pointed out the 2 hits to the ref, they said they were "bunker rub". They were never checked for hits after the game, another ref saw the hits when they were walking off the field and their own team member called them on the 2 hits. OBVIOUS HITS!!!! No hard feelings to the other team, we are all friends, but these things should just not happen. People were getting hit in the hopper and wiping it with a ref standing right next to them. This was not my team on the field either, so no bias on my part. The other field had the same thing.

Again, we do not want them to pull Pump from this league...win or lose...good calls or bad calls...we just like to play. But when we pay to play and have fair calls made on the field, it is kind of discouraging.

I kinda miss limited paint too.

Thank you. NOT ALL PAINT COMES CLEAN. speacially from that ulta evil crap. some stains just dont come clean. it was a proven fact. many teams next to us...rockstar and yuma both agreed that was a bs call for a paint stain on my jersey.
Paintball Addix
Thanks to our Sponsors!!!!
PAINTBALL ADDIX, KOSTA'S RESTAURANT, HAKSAN PHOTOGRAPHY, & TA ANODIZE
Old 04-06-2009, 08:34 PM #24
NICOLE_alison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
yeah bring back limited paint....the guy playin back center for the hitmen was goin bonkers with that auto trigger
please no , unlimited paint was legit

PM yourself, its fun
who plays to lose?
facebook sucks
Old 04-06-2009, 09:35 PM #25
Weeble Wabble

I usually don't see alot of whining on the pump threads. Sounds like a semi-div post. Anyways... I thought the reffing was not an issue and we had no problems all day and we were on Ron's field (lol). I think we should go back to the 10 balls per player limit so that those evil auto trigger guys don't get to play. I am afraid of getting hit more than once since I'm afraid of getting bruises on my lightly tanned skin. I think that SMT team went through 6 cases of paint.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:38 PM #26
Weeble Wabble

By the way... I think the hitmen player that played with SMT was a pro player from Dynasty. Kind of looked like Alex Fraige.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:45 PM #27
D3AGL3_PBALLER
CN's Finest

has been a member for 10 years
D3AGL3_PBALLER posts videos on PbNation
D3AGL3_PBALLER has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
D3AGL3_PBALLER has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
D3AGL3_PBALLER has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I had fun at the event. Refs are gonna miss calls and make bad ones. Its part of the game. Save for the reffing in semis (where bad calls and missing calls is just downright unnacceptable) it was pretty legit. I had a good time.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:31 AM #28
ctza
the ctz?

PumpChef's jersey was clean...
The old paint stained it...Ref made a bad call.

Eventually after the second bad call i let him borrow my Blackstar jersey.

The jersey he used was as clean as it could have been...any cleaner and it would have been rinsed with bleach.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:34 AM #29
FirePro84
Airsmith - Gun Tech

Annual Supporting Member
FirePro84 is a Supporting Member
FirePro84 plays in the USPL
FirePro84 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
FirePro84 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
FirePro84 supports Empire
there were multiple ridiculous calls made by the refs on Spyder field, not only on my team and me, but for others we were watching as well.

I had a player run to bunker me in back center, my corner player shot him before he got there and hit me. so i stand up, not calling myself out, a ref runs over to wipe me and put me back in. so i kneel back down, and the player who shot me lites me up with an autotrigger saying that my back corner was already hit...so i stand up like "WTF!?" and then another one of his players shoots me again. never been overshot with pumps until then. at the end the refs end up saying that when i stood up that signaled that i called myself out and that my corner player was already out because of paint on his inner arm from an earlier game (yea, we wash our gear)...i'm sorry but its not possible to change clothes between games and refs should know what a cleaned hit looks like.

our snake player was called out 3 times in 3 games by the snake tape refs, the first was bunker rub on his barrel tip (our first game of the day), the second time he got pulled when there was no hit anywhere on him, ref said he was hit on his arm when there was no paint (not even old paint or stains), the third was being pulled for paint on his leg from jumping over the snake tube...that's horrible reffing right there.

one of the CN players ran into one of our players and pushed him out of bounds, no penalties were given...great reffing there.

The only good refs on the field (spyder) were the dorito side refs, they were actually going into the field and doing paint checks and making fair calls...more than a few times i saw the dorito tape refs run in sliding to do paint checks on players. the snake refs were lazily standing around and i watched one ref take a good 30 seconds to slowly walk into mid field to pull a player with a hit on his pod...sad
- Paintball Tek on FaceBook

- w w w . P a i n t b a l l T e k . c o m
Old 04-07-2009, 09:02 AM #30
NICOLE_alison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirePro84 View Post
there were multiple ridiculous calls made by the refs on Spyder field, not only on my team and me, but for others we were watching as well.

I had a player run to bunker me in back center, my corner player shot him before he got there and hit me. so i stand up, not calling myself out, a ref runs over to wipe me and put me back in. so i kneel back down, and the player who shot me lites me up with an autotrigger saying that my back corner was already hit...so i stand up like "WTF!?" and then another one of his players shoots me again. never been overshot with pumps until then. at the end the refs end up saying that when i stood up that signaled that i called myself out and that my corner player was already out because of paint on his inner arm from an earlier game (yea, we wash our gear)...i'm sorry but its not possible to change clothes between games and refs should know what a cleaned hit looks like.

our snake player was called out 3 times in 3 games by the snake tape refs, the first was bunker rub on his barrel tip (our first game of the day), the second time he got pulled when there was no hit anywhere on him, ref said he was hit on his arm when there was no paint (not even old paint or stains), the third was being pulled for paint on his leg from jumping over the snake tube...that's horrible reffing right there.

one of the CN players ran into one of our players and pushed him out of bounds, no penalties were given...great reffing there.

The only good refs on the field (spyder) were the dorito side refs, they were actually going into the field and doing paint checks and making fair calls...more than a few times i saw the dorito tape refs run in sliding to do paint checks on players. the snake refs were lazily standing around and i watched one ref take a good 30 seconds to slowly walk into mid field to pull a player with a hit on his pod...sad

watch it about CN there buddy, if you were on the feild you would of known what was goin on

PM yourself, its fun
who plays to lose?
facebook sucks
Old 04-07-2009, 10:13 AM #31
wilted_bunker
Murk Fools

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3AGL3_PBALLER View Post
I had fun at the event. Refs are gonna miss calls and make bad ones. Its part of the game. Save for the reffing in semis (where bad calls and missing calls is just downright unnacceptable) it was pretty legit. I had a good time.
Agree. I just played to have a good time.

Ironically I wore mostly white and got pulled for no old hits. I think I got all legit calls all day. Only one questionable call on a teammate, but i didn't witness it. And even if it was true, that's only one questionable call all day. I can deal with that.

Got home and washed my gear, and there is no stains what-so-ever
Old 04-07-2009, 01:21 PM #32
FirePro84
Airsmith - Gun Tech

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICOLE_alison. View Post
watch it about CN there buddy, if you were on the feild you would of known what was goin on
yea...i was on the field...i was playing that game and i was watching what happened...whoever the CN player was he ran into our player...i'm not saying he did it intentionally but come on...the physical contact should have never happened in the first place as there was plenty of room on dorito side with NO BUNKERS obstructing the CN player's path from the 50 pillow to where the contact was made near the out of bounds line, and when the whole thing was over our player still had no hits on him ANYWHERE.

both the players (ours and CN) were talking, and no penalties were assessed, the old rule was that physical contact (pushing) would lead to a 3 game suspension where the aggressing team would play down one man for 3 games. The CN player played it off like it was no big deal and got off the field quickly (not like the refs knew what to do in that situation anyway). I'll admit that one of our players on the way to our deadbox dropped his gun and started to head over to the commotion, however after the sideline ref said something he stopped and went to the deadbox without a word where we watched the situation develop.

so yea...it was a BS Call, and a BS move...and i'm not really happy about it, and neither is my team. you make it sound like CN is infallible and that i shouldnt be accusing them of anything, well i'm sorry, i call that game how i saw it...

Old 04-07-2009, 01:34 PM #33
D3AGL3_PBALLER
CN's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirePro84 View Post
yea...i was on the field...i was playing that game and i was watching what happened...whoever the CN player was he ran into our player...i'm not saying he did it intentionally but come on...the physical contact should have never happened in the first place as there was plenty of room on dorito side with NO BUNKERS obstructing the CN player's path from the 50 pillow to where the contact was made near the out of bounds line, and when the whole thing was over our player still had no hits on him ANYWHERE.

both the players (ours and CN) were talking, and no penalties were assessed, the old rule was that physical contact (pushing) would lead to a 3 game suspension where the aggressing team would play down one man for 3 games. The CN player played it off like it was no big deal and got off the field quickly (not like the refs knew what to do in that situation anyway). I'll admit that one of our players on the way to our deadbox dropped his gun and started to head over to the commotion, however after the sideline ref said something he stopped and went to the deadbox without a word where we watched the situation develop.

so yea...it was a BS Call, and a BS move...and i'm not really happy about it, and neither is my team. you make it sound like CN is infallible and that i shouldnt be accusing them of anything, well i'm sorry, i call that game how i saw it...
I was the guy that put about 4 shots on that player, one about as early as your 40, before he ran into the other CN player. The reason the other CN player ran straight at him was that your player was in fact playing on, and on his way down the tape. I am not saying that justifies the whole them running into each other. etc. but you present it in a way that makes it seem very black and white, and it isnt. Your player got shot, multiple times, not by the player he ran into, but by me. I was at the carwash posted on the dorito-pillow gap and believe me, I DO NOT MISS SOMEONE RUNNING THRU MY ZONE! I understand why you would be upset, I am sure I would be too, but watching the game from either the dead box or from the snake (only possibilities considering the player involved was your second to last player) isnt the same as being IN THE GAME. I apologize on behalf of my team and the player involved for the whole ordeal. It happens...

Last edited by D3AGL3_PBALLER : 04-07-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:35 PM #34
f.t.m. electra
JAY AR

f.t.m. electra plays in the USPL
f.t.m. electra plays in the PSP
f.t.m. electra supports Team VICIOUS
f.t.m. electra plays in the APPA D4 division
f.t.m. electra supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by yumarattlersgirl View Post
I kinda miss limited paint too.
yup i agree,

i miss the old nppl with osc reffing

the reffing at HB was all done by players

its was a good turnout though, a big group picture in the end

also, i didnt know hitman had 3 teams, the 2 obvious, and smt, they had like 2 players

Last edited by f.t.m. electra : 04-07-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:39 PM #35
D3AGL3_PBALLER
CN's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilted_bunker View Post
Agree. I just played to have a good time.

Ironically I wore mostly white and got pulled for no old hits. I think I got all legit calls all day. Only one questionable call on a teammate, but i didn't witness it. And even if it was true, that's only one questionable call all day. I can deal with that.

Got home and washed my gear, and there is no stains what-so-ever
I know exactly who you are...lol, I was kinda wierded out by the fact you were wearing all white.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:41 PM #36
D3AGL3_PBALLER
CN's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.t.m. electra View Post
yup i agree,

i miss the old nppl with osc reffing

the reffing at HB was all done by players
I didnt see any games where the amount of paint really affected the outcome. I dont think I shot more than 50 rounds in any given game. Truth is, the paint limit thing slows things down logistically for the tournament, not just in game. I am sure its easier just to chrono people up and get them on the field, than to also check that they have the right amount of paint. That is one thing I really liked about the tournament. They kept the games moving back to back.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:58 PM #37
FirePro84
Airsmith - Gun Tech

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
I was the guy that put about 4 shots on that player, one about as early as your 40, before he ran into the other CN player. The reason the other CN player ran straight at him was that your player was in fact playing on, and on his way down the tape. I am not saying that justifies the whole them running into each other. etc. but you present it in a way that makes it seem very black and white, and it isnt. Your player got shot, multiple times, not by the player he ran into, but by me. I was at the carwash posted on the dorito-pillow gap and believe me, I DO NOT MISS SOMEONE RUNNING THRU MY ZONE! I understand why you would be upset, I am sure I would be too, but watching the game from either the dead box or from the snake (only possibilities considering the player involved was your second to last player) isnt the same as being IN THE GAME. I apologize on behalf of my team and the player involved for the whole ordeal. It happens...
I would say, show me where he got hit, because when he came off the field there was no paint anywhere (really, we checked...everything), but it's kind of a moot point now since it's 2 days later. Paint does bounce, especially in the 80+ weather we were dealing with in the early afternoon, so while you say "I NEVER MISS!" that doesnt mean that everything breaks...hell, i bounced a guy 3 times who was running tape 3 games earlier, it happens. It still doesnt justify running into another player, ever; it just means that to your guy, it was important enough to stop our player by pushing him out of bounds...which usually results in a penalty.

Also, I was watching it unfold from in front of the dorito side standup as thats where i was walking off the field, so no, i was not in the dead box, nor in the snake, nor was i hiding behind a bunker, and i got a pretty good look.

we, along with everyone else was getting crappy calls all day this was no exception, and i thank you for offering an apology, but my point is that the refs SHOULD HAVE MADE A CALL about what went on instead of going "hey guys...are we all good...? yea? ok, next game."

Old 04-07-2009, 02:07 PM #38
LoVeMyPuMp

LoVeMyPuMp plays in the PSP
LoVeMyPuMp plays in the APPA D5 division
LoVeMyPuMp is attending Decay of Nations VII
Games did run smooth. They said we were behind schedule, but it didn't feel like it. We came off the field, grabbed paint and air, watched a game or two, and were right back out there. I think it went well.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:23 PM #39
yumarattlersgirl

Quote:
I didnt see any games where the amount of paint really affected the outcome. I dont think I shot more than 50 rounds in any given game. Truth is, the paint limit thing slows things down logistically for the tournament, not just in game. I am sure its easier just to chrono people up and get them on the field, than to also check that they have the right amount of paint. That is one thing I really liked about the tournament. They kept the games moving back to back.
I run a stock class marker so I averaged about 20-40 rounds per game. But on our field...not joke, people were going through about 2-4 pods...not tubes...per a game...I got away from playing semi to save money on paint. At one time I was behind the bunker and it sounded like I was playing against an ego...lol. It is all good though...we had a blast.

A special thank you to our sponsor pbwarehouse.net. The Yuma Rattlers are grateful and excited to have a new sponsor. A special thank you to Absolute Sports/Paintball Gateway/Check It Products.

pbwarehouse.net

pbgateway.com

Last edited by yumarattlersgirl : 04-07-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:59 PM #40
ctza
the ctz?

Thanks Yuma for the great game.
You ladies and gentlemen are a great friendly group to play against.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:08 PM #41
thejudgeman66
Squidito en el Stickito

I dont think paint was an issue. I had my mini hopper and 200 rounds on my back in mini pods and didnt use a pod more than twice and thats cuz I started low. The games were smooth and quick. that was a plus. ya jt's all white scared a lot of us, even that one malaysian ref said something.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:21 PM #42
NICOLE_alison.

more paint made it more interesting i think

PM yourself, its fun
who plays to lose?
facebook sucks