Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-05-2009, 09:02 PM #22
Shasty McNasty
MW What?

Shasty McNasty plays in the PSP
Shasty McNasty plays in the MiLP
Shasty McNasty posts videos on PbNation
the 5 teams at 4-0 was pretty rediculous... granted that there were also i think 5 teams that went 0-4, but still.

My only real "complaint" is with some of the reffing on field 1. some refs didn't really seem that they knew what was going on and the calls weren't the best, not necessarily for our team, but overall. but hey.. that's paintball.

And when you said that the event prizes are small... yeah, that would be right. it's MSXL, race to the world cup.. this is a tournament Series. so yeah, the series prizes are what you are fighting for, not the event prizes.
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2009, 09:14 PM #23
mattmTIP
Melton ForTheWin!

mattmTIP plays in the PSP
mattmTIP supports Team VICIOUS
mattmTIP plays in the APPA D4 division
just so you know after the lunch the refs switched fields because everyone wanted a chance to ref the turf field, so my squad had the grass field the first half and the turf the second
Old 04-05-2009, 09:43 PM #24
Tapper

The rain caused the wavy under the turf and the mud on the natural field.

"and you need brackets... no team should go 4-0 and not move on... thats rediculous. it came down to game wins,"

Man I hated that trip, coming over to break that news. We are set up for brakets for almost every scenario but 13 teams. The worst # of teams you can have and it would have meant someone got a bye. Your right 4-0 should be an automatic trip to finals, then the other worst case scenario happened 5 undefeated teams. The rules are clear though, sorry.

Over $10,000 in series prizes

Series Prizes:
1st Place: $2000 World Cup Entry paid, Ultra Evil $35 a case @ Cup, Travel expense assistance pkg from PSPevents.
2nd Place: $1000 World Cup Entry paid, Ultra Evil $35 a case @ Cup
3rd Place: $500 World Cup Entry paid, Ultra Evil $35 a case @ Cup

Event Prizes:
$400 cash 1st place
$200 cash 2nd place
$100 cash 3rd place
Kewl Trophies 1-4

Guys I hope you realize it is mathematically impossible for me to make a dime with this prize payout to entry fee ratio after the host get their cut. This is an investment in the future of the sport for our region, at least that's what I keep telling the wife as I rob our other bussinesses. I realize the MSXL is heavily loaded to the series prize pkg. The MSXL is designed to be a series not a single event. We were going straight trophies for event prizes until PSP jumped in to help out. We put every dime they helped out back in to event cash prizes.

Thanks for the A++++ rating just want everyone to know the thinking behind the decisions.

Email: axpspaintball@bellsouth.net
MSXL Website: www.msxlevents.net

Last edited by Tapper : 04-05-2009 at 10:49 PM.
Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:18 PM #25
Spilner22
C-DUB RACING

I thought it was a good time and alot of good talent. My first x-ball experience ever and it was different. But keep up the good JOB Tapper.

Spilner "KINGS OF KAOS"
Spilner22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:19 PM #26
Barky TP
****513****

Barky TP supports Cereal Killerz 2
Barky TP posts videos on PbNation
Barky TP is an NCPA player
Barky TP plays in the APPA D5 division
First time at a larger event

I was pleased with the pits and everything but the refs on the 2009 style field really weren't doing a good job (one thing in particular, a 2 on 1 the team with 2 had one guy a with hits on his leg, the guy is just rolling his gun and the ref goes into check, its a front hit on his leg the guy got pulled and they didn't give a penalty for playing on and there last guy won it for um)

poor reffing good event
Barky TP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:33 PM #27
aldoro937
Liam Neesons

aldoro937 plays in the PSP
aldoro937 plays in the APPA D5 division
aldoro937 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmTIP View Post
thank you. I was the ref that laid down on the dorito side in the Green Radioactive jersey. Oh and i have heard that (not the crew i was with) but the other fields refs were a little lazy, I ran through countless streams to check people, hell if you want ill put pics up of the 50 some odd welts i have on my upper torso to prove it, we didnt let the *****ing bother us (well i didnt), i understand some people paid big bucks to play the event and wanted the best reffing and experience possible, but quite frankly some of the guys who reffed have never reffed before (i have reffed though), oh and in the finals we had almost 20 refs on the field, no one was gonna get up and run cross field to check somebody everytime you asked for it because odds are there was one or two refs within 10 feet of the player. I actually had fun reffing the event and the series looks like alot of fun and i believe Darrin and Geiger did a hell of a job putting it together. (oh and i might ref a few more), so if you remember the ref in the green radioactive jersey then please tell me what i did right and wrong so i can be a better referee next time. Oh and me and alot of the refs of the first event are attending the PSP certification clinic at Asylum later this month
That is a problem. I'm not trying to be a dick, but when you have first time ref's making calls which can cost teams a game, it's ridiulous. I understand the need for as many refs as possible, but it's an issue. I'm sure it will be addressed for the next event. Overall it was well run though, not bad at all for a first tournament.
aldoro937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:47 PM #28
pookie12
PG is what made ME

pookie12 plays in the PSP
pookie12 plays in the APPA D3 division
pookie12 supports DLX Technology
Excellent Event......A+++

The Facilities were awesome, probably the best your going to see in this series, Thanks Kenny and all the Asylum guys that made this possible...

Thanks to Tapper and others involved in making the series happen....We need more people that promote the sport like they have.

To Chattown Kids..... We were the team tied with you for fourth place....I feel for your team, because that could have easily been us.....You are right, going 4-0 and still not going into finals, that should never happen.... You should know that we took full advantage of our LUCK by making finals beating the #1 seed only to lose to a great Third Eye team...

To the boys at Third Eye.......Nothing but Love...
I knew if we played you guys it would be tough, because you all were very prepared.....GREAT JOB
Xavier McCurry fan #2
Killing Fields Pb Media

2008 C.T.S. Series runner-up - 2009 S.E.P.S. Series Champion - 2010 MSXL Series Champion - 2011 MSXL Series Champion - 2012 MSXL Series Champion
pookie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:53 PM #29
paintmatt15

it was pretty good.

i had fun playin with live wire we did great from my perspective, but so did every team out there.

hope i'll have enough money 4 the nxt one.
i had fun lookin all the gurlz 2...lol
Old 04-06-2009, 12:03 AM #30
502 killa
THIRDEYE

Annual Supporting Member
502 killa plays in the PSP
502 killa owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
502 killa plays in the APPA D2 division
well i had a good time good event, good field, quality competition. see you all at gas.
502 killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:16 AM #31
krogers09

krogers09 supports Cereal Killerz 2
krogers09 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
krogers09 supports Team VICIOUS
krogers09 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Great work for Event 1 year 1. Couldnt have asked for better weather, and competition. If only it hadn't rained all week we would have been totally solid. Field 2 took a lot out of you energy wise. The 09 race2 field was killer. Only issue I see is there was one time they called 10 seconds on field 2 and field 1 started a game in that time period and I lost my mind and thought it was our field came off shooting didnt make it back to touch the net and got pulled. No one's fault just a coincidence more than anything. 1st xball event and loved every minute of it and was glad to pull out a win in the 4th game when we were playing for pride.

Its killing me to not make the next event but hope to see you all again in Indy.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:17 PM #32
angelballa93

i loved the refs and shooting ppl =] ohhhh and the red bull girls...i need a personal red bull girl wit me at all times =]

USAF
RIP BASIC
CEP Fan #8

Last edited by angelballa93 : 04-06-2009 at 06:56 PM.
angelballa93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:28 PM #33
IdahoPimp
TeamJFK JustForKids-okkk!

IdahoPimp owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
IdahoPimp supports Team VICIOUS
I thought the event went smooth, did not really have a problem with refs, everyone seemed to be really cool. This is def. something great that is being brought to the midwest. With that said, yes the round robin thing sucked I understand that you can not make brackets with odd teams (especially 13) with out one team directly moving on, but I would suggest for the next events to have appa have a set limit of teams of 12 and then only allow teams to be accepted in groups of even numbers so you can make sure brakets can be made, this would prevent 5 teams going 4-0 and one not making finals. PSP does this all the time where they will close registration at 30 teams and then accept paid teams 5 at a time, so you are not guarenteed a spot unless they reach 35 teams, and so on.

I know that the PSP rule book is a lot to learn and getting used to the rules will get easier as the year goes on, but I did see some mistakes made and since this is a feeder for the PSP I suggest making sure the rulebook is looked at and followed a little better. The only real major issue was the fact that rostered staff was allowed to leave the pit during games and coach from the snake side, this is clearly an issue and I do not want teams to get the wrong idea and try this at a PSP because your entire team will be disqualified from the event, no questions asked.

Other than these minor things this looks like it is going to be a great series. Whether teams win or lose it will be great practice for teams to get xball experience.

I enjoyed playing against everyone this weekend and if anyone is interested in xball practices please feel free to contact me to set something up so we can have a milky fresh practice before the next event!

Josh Hohimer
--JFK
TeamJFKpaintball@yahoo.com
Old 04-06-2009, 08:32 PM #34
IdahoPimp
TeamJFK JustForKids-okkk!

IdahoPimp owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
IdahoPimp supports Team VICIOUS
btw, I did not get to personally meet Kenny but I would like to say that you held a great event and your staff did a great job, nice way to start off the season. Thanks for all the time and effort put in by you and all your staff.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:59 PM #35
Dateline

Dateline supports Cereal Killerz 2
Dateline supports Team VICIOUS
Dateline is an NCPA player
Dateline plays in the APPA D4 division
Had a great time, teams got along, and event ran smooth. PSP rulebook does need to be followed as close as possible. Cant wait for the next!
-Cody
Dateline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:14 PM #36
T-REX7
Farm Boy

T-REX7 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
T-REX7 supports Bob Gurnsey
great event my first xball loved it. I thought the reffing was Prety good which after that wd series in Corbin any reffing would look good......& yeah the sock hat will always be alive as long as I'm around
T-REX7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:10 PM #37
krogers09

krogers09 supports Cereal Killerz 2
krogers09 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
krogers09 supports Team VICIOUS
krogers09 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
It most definitely will unfortunately.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:19 PM #38
lecrae71
"Blind Sniper"

I agree, it's time to rid our sport of sock hats,not just for us but the next generation as well in hopes that they never have to cast their eyes on such an abomination.lol
lecrae71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:04 PM #39
war_kid
NK NK NK NK NK

war_kid owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
war_kid owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
war_kid owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
war_kid is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
hahaha
Old 04-08-2009, 08:53 PM #40
Lost One
Who?

I think it ran incredibly smoothly. First event or not, it ran better than many other regional events I've been to. I think things will only improve as the series continues, and the race for Cup will go down to the wire with all the great teams involved so far. See you all in Clarksville

And thanks Sarah
Lost One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:14 PM #41
angelballa93

i shoot ppls =]

USAF
RIP BASIC
CEP Fan #8
angelballa93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:12 PM #42
laxplayer9352
USMC

laxplayer9352 is a Supporting Member
laxplayer9352 is a Paintball photographer
laxplayer9352 supports our troops
laxplayer9352 plays in the APPA D3 division
laxplayer9352 is Boss
Thought it went well especially for the first event in a new series. I'm happy to see any changes that may have been made and feel that next weekend will be better than the last one
laxplayer9352 is offline   Reply With Quote