Terry59 is a Supporting Member
Terry59 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Terry59 works for a Paintball manufacturer
Terry59 plays in the USPL
Terry59 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoVeMyPuMp View Post
Hmmmm, I'm pretty sure this was a thread for what did you think of the first USPL? And they want everyones opinions. Not just yours. The walkway was a little tight. And there were alot of players whose wives brought their kids out there. Do you have kids? A day in the sun at the beach involves a little more than just bringing your kid. Diaper bag, waters, food, sunscreen, and a place to keep all of those things is the reason for strollers. A bigger walkway is a SUGGESTION to help make it easier on EVERYONE.
The venue location is a very worst challenge logistically. Parking was probably one of the largest concerns, as in the lack of it.
As for an overall foot print, the event was tight, best way to help keep costs down is to avoid higher space costs. Give the situation that the beach walk could not be blocked, the vendors were force into the sand.
We go to the beach, there are certain realities that can't be avoided, it's the sand!
Adapt and deal with it.

Something for all to keep in mind, and that is "THE PLAY", there were some great match ups, awesome play's, the best in paintball.
Also, keep this in mind, some of the big name vendors boycotted this event, but many of their star factory players didn't.
2009 Vegas NPPL 1st Place D2 7-man Winner
http://www.boblongdirect.com/http://www.capitaledgepaintball.com/
http://www.tadaotechnologies.com/
http://www.ninjapaintball.com/index.asp
http://www.hkarmy.com/LIVE FREE! DIE FREE! RIP TYSON ALLEN EVENSON
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2009, 02:34 AM #65
Terry59
Hustler, Hitter, Assassin

Annual Supporting Member
Terry59 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamXodus View Post
Well said Terry, and thank you for always being there to support the sport, players, and most importantly making sure everyone's guns shoot flawless. Big ups to you and Bob, I saw that victory kickin butt for Zack and the Bornsteins.
Watched you mopping up the muppets from the dorito tape.
It was fun to watch, thanks for the props!
Old 04-07-2009, 03:06 AM #66
ibnkru1229

I thought it was a fantastic event. It was very smoothly run, the reffing was on point, well organized, and overall a good experience.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:50 AM #67
ericthepaintballguy

ericthepaintballguy plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Hmmmm, I'm pretty sure this was a thread for what did you think of the first USPL? And they want everyones opinions. Not just yours. The walkway was a little tight. And there were alot of players whose wives brought their kids out there. Do you have kids? A day in the sun at the beach involves a little more than just bringing your kid. Diaper bag, waters, food, sunscreen, and a place to keep all of those things is the reason for strollers. A bigger walkway is a SUGGESTION to help make it easier on EVERYONE.
If I was going to beach with kids, I would bring a baby bjorn or some other baby carrying device. I'd be smart enough to know that there would be SAND at the beach. It's not rocket science. People need to be realistic with what they are asking/suggesting/complaining about. There was one who posted that her kid liked getting splattered with paint, so we should do away with the fence....I think player and spectator safety is more important. I'm glad no random person wandered in and jacked my gear.

...just me ranting again I suppose. LOL
Old 04-07-2009, 08:44 AM #68
UpDawg (Banned)

UpDawg plays in the USPL
UpDawg plays in the PSP
Having to buy paint at the event without use of a store sponsor. Plus, the storage method seemed to suck, i chopped every game of the tournament badly.

Overall i loved the event. Like terry said, playing on the beach is why i went, i just wish i had a little more money to spend on the beach.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:29 AM #69
LoVeMyPuMp

LoVeMyPuMp plays in the PSP
LoVeMyPuMp plays in the APPA D5 division
LoVeMyPuMp is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthepaintballguy View Post
If I was going to beach with kids, I would bring a baby bjorn or some other baby carrying device. I'd be smart enough to know that there would be SAND at the beach. It's not rocket science. People need to be realistic with what they are asking/suggesting/complaining about. There was one who posted that her kid liked getting splattered with paint, so we should do away with the fence....I think player and spectator safety is more important. I'm glad no random person wandered in and jacked my gear.

...just me ranting again I suppose. LOL
Sand at the beach? No ****. Last year we didn't have the issue because the vendors were above the beach. And the walkway was 20 feet wide. And doing away with the fence was just for around the netting. The east boardwalk side, and far north and south sides. Not around the paddocks. What do you consider realistic things for people to ask/suggest/complain about? As a player, the event was pretty damn good. For spectators it could of been a little better. That is why these threads are here, to make the realistic suggestions. Some of us who went to HB last year may have thought the setup would be similar this year. Thats all.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:35 AM #70
ericthepaintballguy

Quote:
Sand at the beach? No ****. Last year we didn't have the issue because the vendors were above the beach. And the walkway was 20 feet wide. And doing away with the fence was just for around the netting. The east boardwalk side, and far north and south sides. Not around the paddocks. What do you consider realistic things for people to ask/suggest/complain about? As a player, the event was pretty damn good. For spectators it could of been a little better. That is why these threads are here, to make the realistic suggestions. Some of us who went to HB last year may have thought the setup would be similar this year. Thats all.
I've been going to this since Dynasty won the inaugural event. Terry59 hit it right on when talking about logistics. ADAPT AND DEAL WITH IT! Most of the free parking on the side streets has been taken away by those darn parking meters.

Change is inevitable. So it wasn't like last year or the year before...just move on already!
Old 04-07-2009, 11:41 AM #71
ericthepaintballguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpDawg View Post
Having to buy paint at the event without use of a store sponsor. Plus, the storage method seemed to suck, i chopped every game of the tournament badly.

Overall i loved the event. Like terry said, playing on the beach is why i went, i just wish i had a little more money to spend on the beach.
Is paint chopping a result of buying tourney paint? Sounds more like a gun issue or a paint - barrel mismatch. I thought their paint storage was great! It was the distribution which took freaking forever and sucked IMO

LOL I wish I had more $$$ too! LOL That Alien marker was beckoning me!
Old 04-07-2009, 12:15 PM #72
ChuckC
Naptown

ChuckC is BST Trusted
Quote:
Webcast should have been free.
Quote:
Why?
Hey Dan.... The frustration with the webcast for me centered around Friday. With the change in schedule (in comparison w/ NPPL) to have the Pros play all their prelim games on Friday, it was very annoying to pay for something that was down a majority of the day. I wanted to watch my boys on Mutiny play. I got to see 2 of their games....the second and the last. The rest, for me, all occurred while the webcast was down. I wanted to check out all the pro teams and break down what was working and what was not on this field...unable to do so being that I missed so many games. I was stuck in that horrible "loop" for hours....where a black screen with white text would come up and tell me I'm already logged in and it should reconnect me to the webcast within 30 seconds. Then it would flash and open a new tab with the same message...over, and over. After several hours of this, one of the "techs" finally posted an email address for problems. Prior to that, there was no contact info available....if you had problems, you were screwed.

This isn't anything new. They always seem to have problems on the first day....same for PSP. It's just too bad none of them think about offering any tech support until the proverbial ish has hit the fan.

On a good note, though...when I complained, I received a partial refund. That doesn't change the fact that I missed what I wanted to see....but at least they were willing to do a little something about it.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:32 PM #73
undrdg
RIP Larry Alexander

THE REFFING WAS 100% BETTER.
LET ME SAY THAT AGAIN.
REFFING 100% BETTER.

Terry is right on the money about this event. The attention all the teams got from the owners and pros was great. They all made you feel like you had a say in the matter.

I cannot say enough about the job Chuck and Camille have done. They gave us 7 man players a place to call home once again. I am really glad i came to this event.

They listened to what i had to say about entry fees and i was told they would keep that in mind.

I really hope the next event goes smooth. I want the uspl to stay around for a good long while.

Paint companies, if you are reading this, please come back. Please send your trucks to the event.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:04 PM #74
tikipball
Mob Fam/Square1 Soldiers

Annual Supporting Member
tikipball plays in the USPL
tikipball plays in the PSP
tikipball plays in the APPA D3 division
I think the event was extremely awesome. The event ran smoothly. I loved the sessions and the paddocks being right at your field. The vendor area was interesting, but I didnt really have to buy anything so I was ok. For people that are complaining about bringing their kids and having to push a stroller, deal with it. You are at the damn beach. When my daughters were infants, we didnt bring a stroller to the beach because of the thing they call SAND. Its hard to push through. Sack it up, be man and help your wife carry the large baby bag and blankets. Back to the event, the reffing was great. Yeah some calls went against us, but I am sure my teammates deserved what they got. The paint distribution was lagging but I am sure the USPL will figure that out. Unfortunately the cost is a little steep for us to play other West Coast events, but hopefully we raise the money to play. Thanks to everyone who helped make this event happen. Thanks to Yosh Rau for taking time to work with us on our game plan. Good luck to the league and everyone playing the future events. You wont be disappointed.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:06 PM #75
nealm

nealm supports Cereal Killerz 2
it was good.
goods-
next to the pier
there were more good things about it but i didtn write them all

bads-
vendors on the sand
on sunday, games on center court took way to long to start. after the first pro finals game, you sit there for like 2 hours before they play the third game
also, not enough vendors

[Captain Oring]

Last edited by nealm : 04-07-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:07 PM #76
MC_TP

MC_TP plays in the USPL
MC_TP plays in the APPA D4 division
Good:
Pro/Am
Smooth game transitions
Chrono idea

Bad:
Reffing - worst I've seen in a tournament yet. Granted I haven't played many yet, it was still pretty ridiculous seeing people wiping like crazy (in the finals on center court no less)
Paint - Prices are terrible, took awhile to get paint if there was a line
Stands - Try to keep the vendors away from the fields so people can see the whole field maybe?

Overall good though.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:10 PM #77
texaspaintballplpaye

Annual Supporting Member
texaspaintballplpaye is a Supporting Member
texaspaintballplpaye is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by nealm View Post
it was good.
goods-
next to the pier

bads-
vendors on the sand
on sunday, games on center court took way to long to start. after the first pro finals game, you sit there for like 2 hours before they play the third game
also, not enough vendors
I thought it was just me. I was getting annoyed at how long it took.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:18 PM #78
nealm

nealm supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nealm View Post
it was good.
goods-
next to the pier

bads-
vendors on the sand
also, not enough vendors
Quote:
Originally Posted by texaspaintballplpaye View Post
I thought it was just me. I was getting annoyed at how long it took.
and i'm not exagerating on the 2 hours. I sat at center court for i think 2 hours and 45 minutes watching games. The fricken d2 and d3 games were sooooooooo boring. Almost every other game in d2 and d3 was a stalemate!!!!

[Captain Oring]

Old 04-07-2009, 02:27 PM #79
AGGSTOFAGGMUPPTMOWRS
DirtLife

AGGSTOFAGGMUPPTMOWRS is a Supporting Member
AGGSTOFAGGMUPPTMOWRS plays in the USPL
AGGSTOFAGGMUPPTMOWRS plays in the PSP
AGGSTOFAGGMUPPTMOWRS plays in the APPA D4 division
get ron kilbourns old *** off the field dont do that stupid wrist band **** quit having trashy *****es working at every vendor and playin songs that say **** every other word if your trying to be a family event the people at registration where by far the dumbest people i have ever had to talk to you had a 2 foot wide plank to walk on otherwise you had to drag your gearbag through the sand USPL sucks dick

FREESTYLE RAP

BOOKFACE
Old 04-07-2009, 02:48 PM #80
f.t.m. electra
JAY AR

f.t.m. electra plays in the USPL
f.t.m. electra plays in the PSP
f.t.m. electra supports Team VICIOUS
f.t.m. electra plays in the APPA D4 division
f.t.m. electra supports Empire
pump div could of been better
- i like limited paint, instead of unlimit
- fps should be at 300, not 280
- reffing could be better

could of been more vendors
- hate that is was on sand
- the spot of HB last year was better
- vendors really didnt have free stuff, [made me sad]
Old 04-07-2009, 02:48 PM #81
Terry59
Hustler, Hitter, Assassin

Annual Supporting Member
Terry59 plays in the PSP
2 foot wide plank?
I saw full 4x8 sheets of plywood flooring, none were cut in half, so that makes the walk way 4 feet wide.
When you whiney *****es complain and exagerate the issue by 100% like the example above. Why would any care when they can't trust the accuracy of the complaint.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:55 PM #82
texaspaintballplpaye

Annual Supporting Member
texaspaintballplpaye is a Supporting Member
texaspaintballplpaye is a Paintball photographer
I really liked shooting the Kingman pistol. I think that might have been my favorite vendor booth. I really doubted and over looked that pistol, and all the press releases about it. Being able to shoot it for yourself free with paint was enough to change my mind. Pretty neat little gun. Might not be my cup of tea, but pretty cool.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:22 PM #83
BlackCellPB
Fueled By Success

BlackCellPB plays in the USPL
BlackCellPB plays in the APPA D4 division
Overall The Event was an A-

Good:
-----
1. Camielle, Chuck, All the Owners coordinated a spectacular event. The little funding they did have, they made it the best event that I have been too!
2. Pro/Am idea was excellent! It added to team morale, especially when the pros watched your games and commented. Dave Baines is the man!
3. Glad to see the support from Planet Eclipse and Bob Long.....THE BEST gun (marker) companies.
4. The climate controlled boxes for the paint storage worked out better then I expected. It was centrally located making it easier to get paint. (Draxxus Silver Shot AMAZING!!!! Only 1 Barrel Break for the team the whole event!!)
5. Staging area behind the field you were playing on all day!!! Excellent Idea!!!
6. Smooth registration process!
7. Reffing was 95% there. Just no ref ever called on players spinning!
8. Glad to see some of the same refs return and support the league.
9. Refs walking through the staging area alerting you when you were double deck on the field.
10. Refs walking outside around the field to prevent coaching.
11. Babes in Bikinis!!!! HOOYAH!!!!
12. A Lot less thievery, only 1 known incident AND there were no security guards!
13. And The List Goes On and On and On.......AMAZING EVENT!

Improvement:
------------
1. Paint Procurement Process OR Have the Vendors Man Up and Bring their trailers
2. Find a way to manage paint sponsorships.
3. Better DJ that knows how to mix music!!!
4. Port-A-Johns closer to the field for Sunday Games
5. Grandstand tickets and event shirts should be offered at a discounted rate for players.
(10 T-Shirts and 10 Weekend GrandStand tickets for $200 when purchased before the event)

Disappointed:
-------------
1. The event is over......I had an amazing time
2. The vendors that supported the NPPL, but would not support the USPL!
3. Trash talking about people and the league
Old 04-07-2009, 03:56 PM #84
bunyak

bunyak is a Supporting Member
bunyak plays in the USPL
bunyak plays in the PSP
bunyak plays in the APPA D4 division
Good review, Tom and congrats on a killer finish!