PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-06-2009, 10:35 AM #1
pumpchef
#82 Chef / Webmaster

Pump division....Bad Call by Refs!

Did any other teams get screwed by bad calls from the refs?

Few of our players, including me. got pull for bs calls.

3 month old paint stain on a pod pack - pulled for it
stain on jersey (whole arm stain might i add) - pulled for it
got pulled after my team mate and and *cough* hitman exhanged fire and shot each other out. After he was out he still shot me. wtf..and i get pulled and they get no 1 for 1 , bs call by refs and cheap shot by their team.

Any other teams get screwed?
Paintball Addix
Thanks to our Sponsors!!!!
PAINTBALL ADDIX, KOSTA'S RESTAURANT, HAKSAN PHOTOGRAPHY, & TA ANODIZE
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2009, 11:00 AM #2
ethikal

Clean your **** then, why would you go on a field with dirty *** clothes on?
Old 04-06-2009, 11:00 AM #3
DelawarePBguy
Right Coast Paintball

DelawarePBguy plays in the USPL
DelawarePBguy plays in the PSP
DelawarePBguy donated to help Peyton Trent
DelawarePBguy plays in the APPA D3 division

Edit: They now have one with baking soda incase you need that extra oomph..

Old 04-06-2009, 11:58 AM #4
thejudgeman66
Squidito en el Stickito

all jokes and criticisms aside, ya....call reversal on the field ticked me off, and they were pulling players for tiny marks and stains all day, oh well
Old 04-06-2009, 12:27 PM #5
LoVeMyPuMp

LoVeMyPuMp plays in the PSP
LoVeMyPuMp plays in the APPA D5 division
LoVeMyPuMp is attending Decay of Nations VII
I understand from a distance, stains can look like a fresh hit. But if you are a ref doing your job, you will get out there and check the player. And if you can't tell the difference between a stain and a fresh hit, there's a problem. Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:44 PM #6
Barbara_Walters
I want AR15 mags, PM me

Barbara_Walters plays in the PSP
Barbara_Walters supports Cereal Killerz 2
Barbara_Walters helped look for balloons
Barbara_Walters is an NCPA player
Barbara_Walters has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
lol, this thread... Paintball players thinking they got a bad call? yikes!
Old 04-06-2009, 12:51 PM #7
raehl
NCPA President

Annual Supporting Member
raehl is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl supports our troops
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoVeMyPuMp View Post
I understand from a distance, stains can look like a fresh hit. But if you are a ref doing your job, you will get out there and check the player. And if you can't tell the difference between a stain and a fresh hit, there's a problem. Just my 2 cents.
Yes, and the problem is one the player created by wearing something that could be mistaken for a hit.

The ref's job is to get out there and make sure they're not missing any hits because they're too far away. Calling a player out because they didn't wash their stuff well is the player failing to do their job.

- Chris

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

American Paintball Players Association - www.paintball-players.org
Old 04-06-2009, 02:05 PM #8
paintballingmigit

I wasnt playing pump but i was their for the awards and the pump division was still going...... I thought this was really stupid seeing how it was the hottest day of the event, and the last day. Before i herd this i was thinking "i bet they will over look bad calls just to go home early" They should have the pump the first day. While pump is one of the coolest things if you truly understand it to a large majority of people it is nothing but boring and on the last hot *** day after the rest of the event dose not seem like the best time for it........
Old 04-06-2009, 02:11 PM #9
fbpbstar

fbpbstar plays in the USPL
fbpbstar owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
fbpbstar supports Team VICIOUS
fbpbstar plays in the APPA D4 division
who won the pump division
Old 04-06-2009, 02:14 PM #10
WorrGamR2k1
Earns Money Sleeping

WorrGamR2k1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WorrGamR2k1 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
LA Hitmen.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:22 PM #11
yumarattlersgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpchef View Post

got pulled after my team mate and and *cough* hitman exhanged fire and shot each other out. After he was out he still shot me. wtf..and i get pulled and they get no 1 for 1 , bs call by refs and cheap shot by their team.

ALL DAY!!!!! I would say that 6 out of the 8 games had bad calls. When we were walking out at the end of the day, random people were walking up to us saying that people were wiping obvious hits on snake side. I challenged obvious hits on one game and was told it was "bunker rub" without the ref even going to check if they were hits. At the end of the game, they just walked off the field without being check for hits after the flag was hung. Then when they walked off the field, another ref and their own team called them on it! They apologized...no hard feelings but we got robbed all damn day. Also, I we would call paint checks...no refs would go into the bunkers and check. And yes, I heard that it was that way on both fields!!!

Sum it all up...the refs were tired...wanted to go home. I completely understand b/c they have been on their field fo days but it sucked for us. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what they do but they are getting paid.

I wish they would have put Dan, Mike, and other OSC refs that have been reffing pump for a while on the fields!

I guess it happens, we got to hang out with great teams, and we had fun and are happy that the USPL picked up pump in their league.

A special thank you to our sponsor pbwarehouse.net. The Yuma Rattlers are grateful and excited to have a new sponsor. A special thank you to Absolute Sports/Paintball Gateway/Check It Products.

pbwarehouse.net

pbgateway.com
Old 04-06-2009, 02:24 PM #12
danbob1088
succisa virescit

danbob1088 is a Paintball photographer
danbob1088 is an NCPA player
danbob1088 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpchef View Post

So you are ticked because you don't know how to wash your ****?

Really?

If you walk out on the field with something looking like a hit, you may get pulled. That's just setting yourself up for failure.

flickr
Old 04-06-2009, 02:37 PM #13
yumarattlersgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post
Yes, and the problem is one the player created by wearing something that could be mistaken for a hit.

The ref's job is to get out there and make sure they're not missing any hits because they're too far away. Calling a player out because they didn't wash their stuff well is the player failing to do their job.

- Chris
My team never complains and we are not complaining by any means. We appreciate what the USPL did for Pump play and adding this to their schedule. If you ask the HEAD REFS that know our team (and Evil Intent) we do not argue, have bad attidudes, and appreciate what the refs do. BUT I WILL STATE THE FACTS! I saw the calls against Evil Intent and they were BS and very obvious that they were old hits...even looked like the Jersey had been washed! You can not always get all stains out of your jerseys even after you wash them. The calls were very one sided. Refs would not go into bunkers for paint checks. I had a ref check me once out of 8 games and I was at the 50 tape pillow pretty much off the break and he was standing right next to me. That is the only time any of our guys were checked. I had shot a guy in the neck that tried to bunker me, he fell on the ground, tried to wipe it, still firing at my other guys, and they pulled me and I had no hit on me???!!!! After I pointed the hit on the guys neck out to two refs, he had already taken out 2 of my players, and they finally pulled him. I shot another player 2 times, they grabbed the flag, ran it in, and when I got taken out, pointed out the 2 hits to the ref, they said they were "bunker rub". They were never checked for hits after the game, another ref saw the hits when they were walking off the field and their own team member called them on the 2 hits. OBVIOUS HITS!!!! No hard feelings to the other team, we are all friends, but these things should just not happen. People were getting hit in the hopper and wiping it with a ref standing right next to them. This was not my team on the field either, so no bias on my part. The other field had the same thing.

Again, we do not want them to pull Pump from this league...win or lose...good calls or bad calls...we just like to play. But when we pay to play and have fair calls made on the field, it is kind of discouraging.

I kinda miss limited paint too.

A special thank you to our sponsor pbwarehouse.net. The Yuma Rattlers are grateful and excited to have a new sponsor. A special thank you to Absolute Sports/Paintball Gateway/Check It Products.

pbwarehouse.net

pbgateway.com
Old 04-06-2009, 02:55 PM #14
bleda
MN Underground '09

bleda plays in the PSP
bleda is for the Gunfight
bleda supports Bob Gurnsey
bleda supports Sherwood Forest
bleda supports our troops
bleda plays in the APPA D4 division
Go ref a national level tourney, then come back and complain. Bad calls happen, its an unfortunate part of the game, but 9/10ths of what people say are "bad calls" usually is because they "think" they shot the player and that he must have wiped it or the ref must be blind, or the ref must be stupid.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:59 PM #15
magtaylor
AKA or die

magtaylor owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
magtaylor is for the Gunfight
magtaylor has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
magtaylor has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
there are only so many refs that actually know what they're doing. the rest are just players usually that suck *** at reffin, whining on the internet isn't going to make it better. and besides the hitmen are to cool to lose duh
Old 04-06-2009, 04:25 PM #16
FatalKitty
I has the awesome

FatalKitty is a Paintball photographer
FatalKitty supports Cereal Killerz 2
FatalKitty donated to help Peyton Trent
FatalKitty helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleda View Post
Go ref a national level tourney, then come back and complain. Bad calls happen, its an unfortunate part of the game, but 9/10ths of what people say are "bad calls" usually is because they "think" they shot the player and that he must have wiped it or the ref must be blind, or the ref must be stupid.
watching from the sidelines with out playing.... refs who reffed pump didn't do so hot.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:58 PM #17
whoopassman
O.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalKitty View Post
watching from the sidelines with out playing.... refs who reffed pump didn't do so hot.
While you may be right, all sports have this. Players and refs will never completely get along, it's just a part of sports.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:04 PM #18
FatalKitty
I has the awesome

FatalKitty is a Paintball photographer
FatalKitty supports Cereal Killerz 2
FatalKitty donated to help Peyton Trent
FatalKitty helped look for balloons
That's true - I rarely complain about reffing... bad calls will always be made, but that's not what happened at the Pump field. The refs were tired, bored, not wanting to be there and their officiating suffered because of it... the reffing was just sub par... I'm not saying oh this ref made a mistake and oh this ref didn't do this.. it was just bad overall, and I didn't even PLAY. Games were over an hour behind schedule, for no reason that I could see.. refs were wresling on the field with each other between matches, just not what it should be
Old 04-06-2009, 05:08 PM #19
motorpsycho
AIR-COOLED

motorpsycho supports Team VICIOUS
motorpsycho supports Team VICIOUS
yeah bring back limited paint....the guy playin back center for the hitmen was goin bonkers with that auto trigger
Old 04-06-2009, 05:24 PM #20
Hard8Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
yeah bring back limited paint....the guy playin back center for the hitmen was goin bonkers with that auto trigger
Neither Hitmen team had a back player with an auto-trigger. Are you sure you're not thinking of Slow Moving Targets? They had a Hitmen player guesting for them (snake side player).
Old 04-06-2009, 05:50 PM #21
ezdoesit949

lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard8Mike View Post
Neither Hitmen team had a back player with an auto-trigger. Are you sure you're not thinking of Slow Moving Targets? They had a Hitmen player guesting for them (snake side player).
If you know anything about the LA Hitmen you would know they dont use auto-triggers! duh