Community Focus

Old 03-30-2009, 07:14 PM #211
ADOLF
SDVandals.. hit it up

ADOLF plays in the USPL
ADOLF owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ADOLF plays in the APPA D4 division
ADOLF has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
lmao! not even through one event theres drama..
VANDALS paintball brought to u by
HK GIANT FURIOUS BODY ARMOR PAINTBALLGATEWAY
SCAN MY AVATAR FOR MORE INFO
VAPORVENDETTA
ADOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-30-2009, 07:43 PM #212
megabork
im jabba

megabork is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthepaintballguy View Post
What part made you laugh? Camile's email? I'll forward it to you if you like. The HB Stipulation thing? All you have to do is go to HB's city hall to confirm it. Now if they say they never made a stipulation.... Pandora's box will be opened.
lol ok i wasnt going to even comment on this league at all but you really belive that the city of hb told the uspl to only have certain types of paint?? thats friggen ridiculas ,the uspl will let anyone that wants to sell paint as long as it doesnt stain and they can make w/e amount of money their making on each case, the uspl is making money on the sales of paint and thats why its like that,, no other reason period end of story
megabork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:55 PM #213
Spitfirex59

Spitfirex59 plays in the PSP
Spitfirex59 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxMag26 View Post
once people were upset about that they said they would honor paint sponsorships.

just gotta have the sponsor email them and its a non issue.
Well paint at PSP was MUCH cheaper than it is at HB and they are the same companies selling paint. It is the USPL making money off us buying paint.
Spitfirex59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:56 PM #214
a1exweibl

a1exweibl helped look for balloons
a1exweibl owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
a1exweibl posts videos on PbNation
a1exweibl has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfirex59 View Post
Well paint at PSP was MUCH cheaper than it is at HB and they are the same companies selling paint. It is the USPL making money off us buying paint.
But keep in mind that a lot less cases are bought at USPL events that PSP.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:12 AM #215
ericthepaintballguy

ericthepaintballguy plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by megabork View Post
lol ok i wasnt going to even comment on this league at all but you really belive that the city of hb told the uspl to only have certain types of paint?? thats friggen ridiculas ,the uspl will let anyone that wants to sell paint as long as it doesnt stain and they can make w/e amount of money their making on each case, the uspl is making money on the sales of paint and thats why its like that,, no other reason period end of story
Then go to Huntington Beach City Hall, inquire about it because it will be public information, if they deny it...Call the USPL on it!

I'm sure we'd all like to hear what becomes of this! If you don't want to go and ask...STOP hating! Oh and it's spelled "ridiculous'". Making money off paint sales...so what! It's a business!
ericthepaintballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:38 AM #216
shoot+wipe=win
kensington

Quote:
Then go to Huntington Beach City Hall, inquire about it because it will be public information, if they deny it...Call the USPL on it!

I'm sure we'd all like to hear what becomes of this! If you don't want to go and ask...STOP hating! Oh and it's spelled "ridiculous'". Making money off paint sales...so what! It's a business!
thats really the main reason they wanted to not have HB anymore because of people complaining about the mess.
counter strike paintball. Innersphere .cc paintball.THRASH INC.
powered by C.H.O.C hospital
drop bombs clothing.
shoot+wipe=win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:56 AM #217
Spitfirex59

Spitfirex59 plays in the PSP
Spitfirex59 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1exweibl View Post
But keep in mind that a lot less cases are bought at USPL events that PSP.
That gives them the right to hike prices? I think not..

Quote:

Are you even playing or have ever played a national event?

Last edited by Spitfirex59 : 03-31-2009 at 01:58 AM.
Spitfirex59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:27 AM #218
ericthepaintballguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfirex59 View Post
That gives them the right to hike prices? I think not..

Are you even playing or have ever played a national event?
Anybody running thier own event can name any prices they want, they just better hope people will pay...and you know what, people are willing to pay it! They can make their rules because it is thier event. It is players like you, who for some reason feel a sense of entitlement, feel they should have a say in what they pay because it's more than what they are accustomed to. It's a BUSINESS! Simple answer to your hating....DON'T JOIN thier tournament!

YES I am playing in this event, and if you're there....I'll be looking forward to swapping some Kee All Star paint with you (which I prepayed $35/case, and I'm cool with it)!
Old 03-31-2009, 11:51 AM #219
megabork
im jabba

Quote:

ok captain grammer boy now your admitting they want to make money, thanks for confirming that. people get pissed when theres subterfuge lol check that spelling
Old 03-31-2009, 01:28 PM #220
ericthepaintballguy

Quote:
ok captain grammer boy now your admitting they want to make money, thanks for confirming that. people get pissed when theres subterfuge lol check that spelling

LOL okay my bad for the spelling thing....poor form on my part.
But on the money issue, I never said discounted the money making aspect. I was simply suggesting a way for people who were really concerned (because so many are demanding "proof") to verify or disprove the paint stipulation thing.

Bottom line, it's a business. They're supplying the tourney, we are demanding it, and so they provide it at the price they want. If there was less demand, then the USPL would be forced to lower prices, right?
Old 03-31-2009, 02:26 PM #221
|^^|oN|<eY|3oY
Stewie

|^^|oN|<eY|3oY plays in the USPL
|^^|oN|<eY|3oY plays in the APPA D4 division
Do we really have to buy another id card? I bought an appa id card for wcppl and now I have to get another one for the same system?
|Rest in Peace Baby J #5|
|^^|oN|<eY|3oY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:49 PM #222
mfxpaintball
Gary

USPL Paint

This has been an interesting thread to watch. As a team owner who paid their entry fees early and now hears about discounts, believed what he read from USPL on honoring sponsorships, talking with a couple different manufactures about getting a letter to USPL as they requested, talking to the guy in charge of paint for the USPL and watching the whole paint thing turn to ***t and blah blah blah.....spent way to much time on this so here is my take...

We all seem to agree that it's a bad deal for us as teams, but I will also share with you that it is not a popular thing within the league either. No, I have no affiliation there or friendships, on my own here.

While it would be nice to lay blame at one location we all (in my humble opinion) need to recall that we are the ones that have guys on rosters that cannot behave in a public setting, they paint up parking lots, hotels, cars and private property. I see it in the PSP, in NPPL and most other venues.
So, if HB did invoke some conditions who could blame them? You would not put up with this in your neighborhood. If they didnt and USPL is just trying to do the right thing to protect our being welcome there then so be it. The point is that we need to look at ourselves and what we tolerate of others in the sport we love, and start putiing some people in check. This isn't BS, we may loose everything we like about tournaments if we dont do something sooner than later. The rampant cussing and bad behavior is going to ruin every league making us un-welcome in any city if we all dont step up. Sorry for the rant, I apologize if I offend anyone but for me I think we need to own some of what happens to us (cause and affect 101) no matter how much it hurts. Dont like it, put some of these kids on notice, and some of the pros too. Thoughts?

Last edited by mfxpaintball : 03-31-2009 at 02:50 PM. Reason: grammar error
mfxpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:43 PM #223
ericthepaintballguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfxpaintball View Post
I'm in total agreement. Thanks for your thoughts Gary! I am tired of the rampant profanity and "entitled" kids who happen to be pros or what not toss their $1000 markers out of anger... I have witnessed this crap since my first tourney in 1997 and it has not improved much since then! Players are younger, faster, and even better, but their behavior has gotten worse. If paintball is truly going to grow and gain mainstream attention, we need to make a change from a personal, players level instead of expecting the different leagues, or cities, or whoever to conform to our petty demands. Make a change and lead by example.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:02 PM #224
megabork
im jabba

ok i was gonna let this go but i cant.. how is the uspl going to stop kids from spilling paint everywhere? by selling paint at 55 a case? or 45 or w/e? what does the fact of the uspl selling paint for a profit have anything to do with making hb cleaner? ,, all paint at this point in time is non staining,when the trucks were there selling paint for 25 or 30 or max 35 it was non staining and kids would still be stupid, and guess what ? they will still be throwing paint aroubnd the town,, just be honest, dont try to fake us out with gobbledegook
Old 03-31-2009, 07:15 PM #225
mfxpaintball
Gary

not really

No Fin, you really were not going to let it go, who are you kidding, lol. Yeah, your right, kids will be kids, and someone has to pay the tab. You know it because at your field when kids mess up things you end up paying for it and as a business man you have no choice to pass on the cost to the consumer. In this case it comes right back home to the teams. So, if anyone doesnt like it then please be part of helping police their behavior or kick their **s out of paintball so the rest of us dont have to keep dealing with the affect of their behavior. Oh, also shame on the parents that dont parent thier kids and let the pb community deal with their out of control offspring, and then laugh about it. That should piss a few people off, too bad deal with it.
mfxpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:16 PM #226
ericthepaintballguy

Quote:
ok i was gonna let this go but i cant.. how is the uspl going to stop kids from spilling paint everywhere? by selling paint at 55 a case? or 45 or w/e? what does the fact of the uspl selling paint for a profit have anything to do with making hb cleaner? ,, all paint at this point in time is non staining,when the trucks were there selling paint for 25 or 30 or max 35 it was non staining and kids would still be stupid, and guess what ? they will still be throwing paint aroubnd the town,, just be honest, dont try to fake us out with gobbledegook

You're mixing issues. We were obviously discussing the USPL's probable reasons for Tourney paint only.

The increased price issue is separate and I've already answered that a few times. IT'S A BUSINESS! THEY CAN CHARGE WHATEVER THEY WANT! If you don't want to pay it then DON'T PLAY IN THIS TOURNAMENT!!!!!!!!

Could this BE anymore clear?
Old 04-01-2009, 08:10 AM #227
Chase12
Chase "Space" Fowler

they are charging a higher price because they imposed a paint tax to have a modest cash flow going into the new league

the non-staining paint was a requirement from the city hall of HB
Tampa Bay Damage Fan Club #16
Chase12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:26 PM #228
kansasassassin
New Orleans Warped Army

Annual Supporting Member
kansasassassin is playing at Living Legends VI
kansasassassin owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kansasassassin plays in the APPA D2 division
kansasassassin supports DLX Technology
Is the field paint only for HB or for all the USPL events. I can uderstand HB, but not all the events.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:31 PM #229
pbsports
OldManRiver

Hey Finn good to see you guys last weekend. Wish I could get reclasified like other pros did. I'm 50 and they wouldn't even answer me. Back on subject. Your both right. It is a business and in my opinion the USPL took advantage of the City's need to reduce the paintball mess. And I have to agree with the idea of making teams get and leave the paint in the staging area. It is a good idea, but definitely no need for tariffs on paint to accomplish the goal of reducing paintball messes. It is important to clean up the potential messes cause by tournaments to be able to improve the venues and even to maybe change paintball culture. Good idea to centralize the paint by default.

Store < www.i5paintball.com

Field < www.paintballpark.net
pbsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:36 PM #230
Tom222
VIGILANTE & Underground

Tom222 is a founding member
Tom222 supports Bob Gurnsey
Tom222 plays in the APPA D4 division
^and so the league is supposed to eat the cost of the climate controlled storage of the paint then?
Tom222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:56 PM #231
oomay

oomay plays in the USPL
oomay plays in the PSP
oomay plays in the APPA D4 division
can someone pm me the paint prices thanks
LUXE#1619
oomay is offline   Reply With Quote