Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-28-2009, 10:46 PM #22
SexyFatKid

I dont see how me telling you that my ccm seems to work well on my style is banter. I was just trying to add to the conversation.

I offer the following to freestyle owners: Full Break down and teching, Full body LPR & HPR cleaning, Reg balencing pm me for prices
My Old Feedback
Upped to the maxx naughty dogs freestyle F/S/T
Silver to Black Gen2 Freestyle F/S
SexyFatKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-28-2009, 11:59 PM #23
pump
I don't play pump lol

pump is a founding member
there is no doubt that CCMs fit and work fine for most

this thread is about the exceptions and why they dont work
pump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:15 AM #24
pump
I don't play pump lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonF View Post
FeedNecks that Fail
CCM Bushmaster Medium Rise Feedneck =.801(thought this was supossed to be "the" feedneck?? It looks like we are getting SP threads sold as bushy?)
i think some SP threaded CCMs were mistakenly sent as ICD

here are my Non Shoulder CCM measurements, i used the stock Shocktech B2K feedneck as a standard

stock ST
thread OD.804, just over 51/64ths
neck OD .835, 53/64ths
shoulder OD .888 just shy of 57/64ths

Non Shoulder CCM
Thread OD .804
Neck OD .823
Old 03-29-2009, 08:36 PM #25
DonF

Quote:
Originally Posted by pump View Post
i think some SP threaded CCMs were mistakenly sent as ICD

here are my Non Shoulder CCM measurements, i used the stock Shocktech B2K feedneck as a standard

stock ST
thread OD.804, just over 51/64ths
neck OD .835, 53/64ths
shoulder OD .888 just shy of 57/64ths

Non Shoulder CCM
Thread OD .804
Neck OD .823
.804 are still SP threads thats just .003 over a standard Ion. .801 is most comon. The universal NWP are .803 (those fit Ions and bushmasters) The smallest ICD I have measured is the 04 FS at .809 -AKA b2k is .811 and 2 B2k4 are 818. Spittlebug Has a CAD drawing for a feed neck and ICD threads specs are bigger than .804... that I know! The one very old CCM shouldered neck I had was .811. I do zero the calipers out each time before measuring. I work as a mechanic for the last 15 years or so so I think can measure with a bit of certainty.
So again if .804 is ok as some people are saying - they why the rumors about people stripping out there body with smartparts feed necks?
Old 03-29-2009, 09:21 PM #26
SexyFatKid

^^I would say it has nothing to do with the threads, working for a while as a tech at a local field you see a ton of people who dont kno what there doing and messing with there guns. I would sayy its more an issue of over tightining then then the threads, i saw a guy strip out the donut on an ion trying to put a qev on it.

I offer the following to freestyle owners: Full Break down and teching, Full body LPR & HPR cleaning, Reg balencing pm me for prices
My Old Feedback
Old 03-29-2009, 10:27 PM #27
pump
I don't play pump lol

Quote:
.804 are still SP threads thats just .003 over a standard Ion.
but my stock OD was .804 so was CCM id say thats alright

the diameter alone doesnt determine thread type
Old 03-29-2009, 11:58 PM #28
DonF

double post

Last edited by DonF : 03-30-2009 at 12:15 AM.
DonF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:13 AM #29
DonF

Quote:
but my stock OD was .804 so was CCM id say thats alright the diameter alone doesnt determine thread type
Exactly, but - If the pitch was wrong it wouldnt even screw in. Diameter is what we are discussing here because Smart part and ICD both have the same pitch. If your stock neck was 804 then and ion neck at 801 would be fine. Thats not bush threads though so the ccm claiming ICD threads is false.

At least NWP was upfront they put Impulse and B2k on their boxes and Vapor Works says they never had a problem.

Both my 04B2k are made overseas they have much bigger neck theads. My early B2ks lost their stock necks long ago Maybe its a tollerance stack. Nobodies machinists pay attention to diameters and if you happen to get a small neck and a big body then your #$$@!! !

Now that I think about it maybe thats all it is. On ICDO they mentioned ICD getting loose with tolerances Bolts fit tight in one marker and loose in another. I do know that the bigger necks do feel more secure when theading them in though. I Think I have six Icds now I parted a few last month Slowly they are all getting switched over to the proper necks The only CCM I have left is in the FS.

Last edited by DonF : 03-30-2009 at 12:25 AM.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:00 AM #30
pump
I don't play pump lol

Quote:
If your stock neck was 804 then and ion neck at 801 would be fine. Thats not bush threads though so the ccm claiming ICD threads is false.
i see you think the feednecks i measured are ICD threaded and SP threaded, but both are ICD

http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic.php?u=11130S5RAi&i=1130019

now this is not my pic but shoulderless ICD is on the left, SP on the right
the SP does have a smaller OD and shorter threads

i have both ICD and SP threaded CCM feednecks and the ICD threads are the same OD as the stock feedneck i measured, so what i think happened for you is that the CCM ICD feedneck you measured that was .801 was a SP threaded feedneck mistakenly sent as an ICD, did your CCM have a shoulder?

also the SP threads were like 1 thread per inch less than ICD, that was another gripe us guys had a while ago
Old 03-30-2009, 10:49 AM #31
DonF

Quote:
i see you think the feednecks i measured are ICD threaded and SP threaded, but both are ICD

http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic.php?u=11130S5RAi&i=1130019

now this is not my pic but shoulderless ICD is on the left, SP on the right
the SP does have a smaller OD and shorter threads

i have both ICD and SP threaded CCM feednecks and the ICD threads are the same OD as the stock feedneck i measured, so what i think happened for you is that the CCM ICD feedneck you measured that was .801 was a SP threaded feedneck mistakenly sent as an ICD, did your CCM have a shoulder?

also the SP threads were like 1 thread per inch less than ICD, that was another gripe us guys had a while ago
Thats not SP threads those are both CCM necks the short one is cut down from CCM because they screwed up and without the shoulder it goes down too far in a Promaster. There are quite a few recomentadions here for the AKA feedneck with the Pm because it does have the shoulder that keeps it up. I never had a PM so I couldnt tell you that. B2ks and FS are what I have.
Lots of generic Sp threaded necks have alot more threads than that. I have quite a few Ha -Ha. Want to buy some??? The old ccm I had had a shoulder with true bushy threads. I measured several others from people I played with and they were all around .801. all bought in the last two years. My shouldeless CCM is .801 too and in my FS it seems more secure than my Bushies.

SpittleBug had an 2d Cad print he posted for a bushy feedneck had the ICD specs - it was bigger than the .801-.804. I remember that - maybe he can link it? I think it was .812 but wouldnt swear to it.

SFK - Ok I dont have any message from you in my PM box, just checked again. Its not personal but the way you word stuff sometimes gives people the wrong idea. Common... "but you love this thread so i'll just post this here"?? You could have said "Hey did you get my PM?"

PM me any time its cool. I did have computer problems a few days ago my CPU died. I had it overclocked slightly by mistake. On the net now with junk I put together from two broken computers from freinds = old and SLOW. Parts for mine should be here in a few days. Hope I didnt loose any info.

Last edited by DonF : 03-30-2009 at 11:03 AM.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:07 PM #32
SexyFatKid

Man i guess i may word things badly sumtimes, however since you have both (i think you said you have bushy's) and freestyles i didnt know where you might see any post i made to ask if you saw my pm. It was about making a bolt for a freestyle. I guess i couldjust draw up the idea and send it to you.

^^^BTW i have tons of ram idk though its pretty old but i could give you sum if its the right type idk but i have no use for it and i wouldnt mind helping a fellow 'style owner out.

My Old Feedback

Last edited by SexyFatKid : 03-30-2009 at 04:09 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:41 PM #33
pump
I don't play pump lol

Quote:
Thats not SP threads those are both CCM necks the short one is cut down from CCM because they screwed up and without the shoulder it goes down too far in a Promaster
i think its because SP threaded ones were mistakenly sold at ICD threaded, just that most people dont know that ICD are not SP and order the wrong one, hopefully its not due to a mixup at the factory

Quote:
Lots of generic Sp threaded necks have alot more threads than that.
i have a CCM and hybrid SP threaded feednecks the CCM was mistakenly sold as ICD threaded and both look like the one on the right, its OD is close to the ICD stock i have, but the neck is wider than the neck on the ICD before the shoulder.

Quote:
There are quite a few recomentadions here for the AKA feedneck with the Pm because it does have the shoulder that keeps it up. I never had a PM so I couldnt tell you that. B2ks and FS are what I have....The old ccm I had had a shoulder with true bushy threads. I measured several others from people I played with and they were all around .801. all bought in the last two years. My shouldeless CCM is .801 too and in my FS it seems more secure than my Bushies.
yeah i got 2 CCMs with shoulders, one old with straight cuts and one with angled cuts

but heres my big question, why did they remove the shoulder? would it be for the FS or PM?
Old 03-30-2009, 08:55 PM #34
DonF

I think they removed it because of FS or SP products. They cover more markers that way - shouldered necks dont fit on the my FS. My CCM (the only one I have left) I bought new from CCM its .801 and doesnt have short threads. It fits SP markers just fine .801 -804 is really minor but .801 when the stock neck is .818 is scary! I wish I could dig up that blueprint Spittle posted. I think the specks were .812. on blue prints the usually tell you what the tolerance can be with +/-

http://www.icdpaintball.com/accessories.htm I want to get one of the ICD clamping ones they are the same price as CCM. Just to compare.

Last edited by DonF : 03-30-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:33 PM #35
SexyFatKid

Quote:
I think they removed it because of FS or SP products. They cover more markers that way - shouldered necks dont fit on the my FS. My CCM (the only one I have left) I bought new from CCM its .801 and doesnt have short threads. It fits SP markers just fine :p .801 -804 is really minor but .801 when the stock neck is .818 is scary! I wish I could dig up that blueprint Spittle posted. I think the specks were .812. on blue prints the usually tell you what the tolerance can be with +/-

http://www.icdpaintball.com/accessories.htm I want to get one of the ICD clamping ones they are the same price as CCM. Just to compare.

icd necks are gross, but to each his own.

My Old Feedback
Old 03-30-2009, 09:54 PM #36
pump
I don't play pump lol

Quote:
I think they removed it because of FS or SP products. They cover more markers that way - shouldered necks dont fit on the my FS.
which is just weird because they offer ICD and SP separately, ICD with longer threads and SP with the shorter.

now since we can just throw out CCM as having shoulders on necks

what feedneck has a neck OD of .835 so that we can rethread them to ICD threads?
i would buy AKA but i dont like the low profile, i like the whole loader to fit into the feedneck
Old 03-30-2009, 11:20 PM #37
DonF

Found SB's cad work = ICD thread diameter is .812, no +/- tolerance given though. Files are found in ICDO tech tinker section. .801 is iffy it should be closer for a proper fit. So the AKA @ .811 is right to spec pretty much.
CCM necks are cool Wonder if we could have them make real Bushy threads again?
Old 03-30-2009, 11:50 PM #38
pump
I don't play pump lol

so whats up with my stock ICD neck measuring at 804?

honestly im over trying to find a CCM with a shoulder, i hear check-its fit correctly, they got shoulders as well

oh the Redz necks are SP threaded sold as ICD, shorter threads and no shoulder
Old 03-31-2009, 12:20 AM #39
SexyFatKid

Quote:
i would buy AKA but i dont like the low profile, i like the whole loader to fit into the feedneck
QFT

My Old Feedback
Old 03-31-2009, 12:58 AM #40
DonF

Quote:
so whats up with my stock ICD neck measuring at 804?
I don't know both my B2k4 measured something like .818/ my 04 Fs was .809
I think those parts were not held to a very tight tolerance, allot of stuff isn't. Probably got allot worse in 04 when things weren't made in the USA. .001 or .003 isn't a huge difference. .010 or more would worry me a bit though. There was a red Checkit on ICDO For Sale. I think the stripped necks were probably a tolerance stack. Loose body combined with a .801 Sp threaded neck. Now I got to start measuring bodies.... My .801 CCM doesn't feel that bad in my FS but I could be wrong.

What I was talking about with CCM was a group buy. I have done that with car stuff before. You call and a certain place says no, then you call again saying well what about %$$ number of people that want the same. Then sometimes they listen. But with FS non shouldered and B2k/PM Shouldered it would probably be a pain. It would probably be easier/ cheaper to buy the Checkit and have it refinished. That's why I bought the AKA's $20 ea, shiny black ano, nice strong threads and they fit B2ks!

Last edited by DonF : 03-31-2009 at 01:04 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:09 AM #41
pump
I don't play pump lol

well i asked CCM why the change, since FSes are the only ICD gun to not need a shoulder and that the PM is newer i would assume that the shouldered neck would be still made by CCM. So well see

but im thinking i might just find a neck with a .89 neck and make my own ICD threaded feedneck from a friend who makes threads for gun barrels

he cut down some old stock high rise feednecks i had laying around to low rise necks, just need to butter him up with food and Poke.

and i think we could get Acid Customs to make proper ICD necks as well with shoulders, just need to get one for him to copy
Old 09-24-2009, 09:10 PM #42
DonF

Added Macdev to the fail list. It does have a shoulder though so its not all bad