PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 03-22-2009, 09:23 PM #1
Lone Hunter

Paintball Junkeez

I saw Paintball Junkeez is about to open, on April 4th. I was going to go with my CCI Phantom. This will be my first time and I was wondering how the place is, and who else is going opening day. And any other pump players going?

Last edited by Lone Hunter : 03-22-2009 at 09:26 PM.
Lone Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2009, 02:37 PM #2
t-$money
HMMM! Face Him you must.

I've played there before when I lived in the area. Played with my pump too. Only ended up going there twice in 2006 I believe. The speedball field left a lot to be desired at the time but I know they were working on getting an airball field to compliment it. Woodsball is great. Last time I went there I don't know if we caught it on a bad day or what but there seemed to be a lot of overshooting going on in full view of the refs on the woodsball and speedball fields. Seemed like the guys there overshooting just took it too seriously.

Like I said though that was in 2006 so I have no idea what it is like now. The folks that run the field were extremely nice. I know they used to have a deal with the waivers for the underage crowd is you only had to get your waiver signed once a season and they would keep it on file. I thought it would be a great place to take some of the kids from church it being ran by one and all but only thing you can do is check it out for yourself.

PBNation feedback
t-$money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:53 PM #3
z-smoke
SILENCE I KILLL YOU!!!

i went 3-4 times last year the speedball field consists of spools, and if you want to get your air tank filled they will only fill you to 2000psi so you constantly have to walk back and forth between, there was a little bit of overshooting but hey whats a couple extra balls. the people there are nice, and the woodsball is great. im personally waiting till cpb opens in like 2weeks to go play there
"go to so-cal if you wanna be 'agg'

florida if you wanna be 'legit'

ohio if you actually wanna play paintball"
z-smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:19 PM #4
t-$money
HMMM! Face Him you must.

I will say overall of all the fields I've been to around there I prefer paintball country the best. I'm probably a little biased though as it is only about 2 miles from my mom's house.

PBNation feedback
Old 03-26-2009, 12:10 PM #5
Trulyshrimpy

i play at junkies a lot. i've been going pretty much 6-8 times a year since 2005.

occasionally you do have a bit of overshooting, but its rarely intentional.

the speedball field is still spools from what i've heard. but usually there is some good competition.

the reason most of the people go is to play woods ball, they usually draw about 45-60 people a week playing woods ball (give or take a few because i don't have my hands on any official attendance records)

they do only fill to 2000 psi which does get extremely annoying, but on the other hand, critical mass isn't really associated with the church itself, so they really don't HAVE to show up unless they want to, and without him we'd all be using the scuba tanks again. so 2000 psi is way better than nothing.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:56 PM #6
Lone Hunter

I will be using a VSC so the air is no problem. Are there many pump players there?
Lone Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:14 PM #7
z-smoke
SILENCE I KILLL YOU!!!

I cant think of any that i can remember
"go to so-cal if you wanna be 'agg'

florida if you wanna be 'legit'

ohio if you actually wanna play paintball"
z-smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 12:13 AM #8
t-$money
HMMM! Face Him you must.

Other that myself I've only seen one other pump player at any of the fields down around there including Paintball Junkeez

PBNation feedback
Old 03-30-2009, 01:46 PM #9
sffudapparel

I'll be there pretty much every weekend. Not very many pump players there usually (a handful at most). Place is a lot of fun and laid back, so if you're looking for a strict, tight run place, this isn't the place for you. All the refs are volunteers, but do what they can to make the games go smooth. Try to get your air tank filled before hand, as 2000psi sucks (at least for me, my mag only goes to about 700 in the tank) They have a grill going at lunch, which good and cheap food, so bring a couple bucks for that. All profits go to the youth trips for the church, which is cool. Hopefully you like woodsball, because that's definitely the best stuff at Junkeez

Lastly, if you come this weekend COME EARLY! I can't stress that enough. last year 200+ people showed up, and it took forever for people to sign the forms and get registered etc etc. First game starts at 10:30, I will be there helping getting people signed in and whatnot, but I'd suggest getting there at 10 at the very latest.

Hopefully see ya there.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:06 PM #10
MurderFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-$money View Post
Other that myself I've only seen one other pump player at any of the fields down around there including Paintball Junkeez
Funny because 5 guys I play with there constantly have pumps...

PBJz will be a little different this year ~ and all for the better. The front field has a lot more bunkers, the speedball field was built with speedball in mind - not city assault, and alot of the forts got a lot of needed attention.

I'm easy to find - look for the shaved head guy with Murder on his back with the logo in my avitar on our team jerseys.

Oklahoma D-Day 2012 - German Army - Join the fun
MurderFX is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups