PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-30-2009, 01:24 PM #22
RumRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorbromly View Post
Wait so when I handed the man behind the counter my money I destroyed my ball detents?
yup. Those Clinton s6x dollor bills will f-up anything.
RumRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-30-2009, 11:01 PM #23
ilovekitties
I love kitties

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorbromly View Post
Wait so when I handed the man behind the counter my money I destroyed my ball detents?
that is why i said "MOST of the time!!!!" in every product there will always be a few that are defective
Spyder Extra- Sold
Diablo Wrath- Sold
Diablo AR-1- Sold
Smart Parts Sp-1, Freak barrel
WGP Autococker-(Frankencocker)
ilovekitties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:00 AM #24
RogueShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
I still don't buy it and Sean has been proven wrong on many different occasions. I'm not saying Sean doesn't know what he's talking about, but I am saying I disagree with him here.

Sorry, but this is one case where I would definitely go with Sean's advice. The point of the anti-siphon tube, is to make the valve draw from the part of the tank where the liquid CO2 isn't sitting, namely, the top most part of the tank. When the tank is on the gun, that would be whichever side of it faces up. Since the anti-siphon tube reaches to near the middle of the tank's length, if you tilt the tank, the pickup will no longer be at the topmost point, and will be much more likely to draw liquid CO2. If you understand how an anti-siphon tank works, its just common sense that the wedge is counter-productive on anti-siphon systems.
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:14 AM #25
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueShooter View Post
Sorry, but this is one case where I would definitely go with Sean's advice. The point of the anti-siphon tube, is to make the valve draw from the part of the tank where the liquid CO2 isn't sitting, namely, the top most part of the tank. When the tank is on the gun, that would be whichever side of it faces up. Since the anti-siphon tube reaches to near the middle of the tank's length, if you tilt the tank, the pickup will no longer be at the topmost point, and will be much more likely to draw liquid CO2. If you understand how an anti-siphon tank works, its just common sense that the wedge is counter-productive on anti-siphon systems.
Not only do I know how they work, I have installed them personally on old team guns. They arent very long either, they are approx: 2" at the bend. Also, if the tank is inverted/angled, the a/s tube will be above the liquid anyway, and since liquid doesn't defy gravity, it will remain there.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:10 AM #26
aviator11

Quote:
Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
Not only do I know how they work, I have installed them personally on old team guns. They arent very long either, they are approx: 2" at the bend. Also, if the tank is inverted/angled, the a/s tube will be above the liquid anyway, and since liquid doesn't defy gravity, it will remain there.
Actually they can be almost any length you want. I've seen some only a few inches to the bend to some that strech nearly 2/3 the way down the tank. But you know you're right, liquid doesn't defy gravity...which means that if you have an short tube shooting downhill will cause liquid to cover the tube, if you have a long tube the wedge or shooting uphill will cover the tube, so, your best bet is to remove the wedge and get an A/S that travels about half the length of your tank.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:45 AM #27
droopy170

of course a remote line resolves pretty much all these issues

droopy
droopy170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:26 AM #28
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
Forget it, I'm done trying to explain it. I wish I learned photoshop/paint years ago maybe I could have drawn a picture to show it. At this point, its pointless.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:27 PM #29
majorbromly

Why is this whole debate even happening? Thread is over.
majorbromly is offline   Reply With Quote