Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-07-2009, 12:37 PM #1
913boyd

913boyd is BST Legit
913boyd owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
913boyd supports DLX Technology
new to d-day

me and my 10 year old son are going to d-day 2009. we have never done a scenario event, so i figured might as well make our first experience our best. my ? is what should i expect,what my son and i should play,and a guesstament on cost for the weekend.any info would be great.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2009, 09:07 PM #2
`Josh`

there should be a website out there some where, im not an official just a fan of google try this site http://www.ddayadventurepark.com/ind...nt&task=vi ew
Old 01-09-2009, 10:00 AM #3
dudewastaken

As Josh said, www.ddayadventurepark.com will have a lot of information on there.

Some things to expect is this:

This is June, and it gets pretty hot over there generally. Make sure both of you drink plenty of water and stay hydrated. Especially your son, as the younger crowd tends to give it all they got and not know when they need to slow down and rest for a minute. Bring a camel back for both of you, because at some of the dead zones they have clean drinking water there that you can use to refill your camel back's with. I'd also suggest bringing something to eat that you can put in your pocket. Power bar's are good.

Secondly, in regards to cost, it depends on you really.

There are quite a few vendors set up selling markers, gear, and accesories so you might want some extra cash for that. Paint is if I remember correctly, $65 / case for the cheap stuff, and $75 / case for the premium. Then of course, you have the $70 registration fee.

Generally, when I go, I like to play a couple of the scenario games before the actual event, so I'll buy 3 cases of paint (I tend to shoot a lot).

So..generally speaking, for you and your son, if you are just playing the one day for the big game, and not buying anything from vendors, I'd say $300 or so for the two of you which would include the registration, 2 cases of paint, and a snack.

As far as a unit, that as well would depend on your play style, and how "in-shape" you are. You should join the 352'nd German infantry division though

We get to sit on the side of a hill and shoot at allies trying to climb up the hill for a couple hours

Special forces units tend to be more physical and have a lot more movement involved with them. You will be moving basically around the entire field going up and down hills. So if your not ready to walk in 90+ degree weather with a paintball mask on, loaded pods on your back, then your probably going to want to stick to a non special forces unit such as the 1'st ID, 4'th ID, 352'nd Infantry, 914'th / 916'th german infantry.

Hope that helps you out some.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:49 PM #4
samx3

has been a member for 10 years
I'll echo a few of "dudes" comments.

Camelbacks are essential. Buy 'em, fill 'em and use 'em. My first year I neglected to drink enough early in the game. I was done for. I never truly recovered for the rest of the game.

I don't know how far your traveling and how long you're staying. We drive down from WI and stay all week. With travel, motel, food, misc, entry, paint and about $100 to buy toys there, I drop about $600 each year. Not really that bad for a full week of entertainment that you can't get anywhere else.

For the big game only, I would plan for 1 to 1.5 cases each person.

The 352'd is a fine unit. You'll definitely have a target rich environment. I'm with the MEK. We are a special forces unit. We are constantly moving and attacking. I've learned the hard way to begin working out vigorously for at least 6 months prior to the game.

Let know if you have any other questions.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:57 PM #5
Dog Soldier Illinois
Peace Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 913boyd View Post
me and my 10 year old son are going to d-day 2009. we have never done a scenario event, so i figured might as well make our first experience our best. my ? is what should i expect,what my son and i should play,and a guesstament on cost for the weekend.any info would be great.
Bring 2 liters or more of water on your back and a canteen
Bring an airtank big enough to give you 2000+ shots
Wear a vest that will let you carry as much ammo as possible comfortably
bug powder
extra socks
extra marker

We are going by you without fighting if you will let us, but we are going by you anyhow
Old 01-20-2009, 06:37 PM #6
scenarioballer121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Soldier Illinois View Post
Bring 2 liters or more of water on your back and a canteen
Bring an airtank big enough to give you 2000+ shots
Wear a vest that will let you carry as much ammo as possible comfortably
bug powder
extra socks
extra marker
wo wo wo

not so fast

thats just stuff u would bring yourself. you dont need to have a tank wit 2kshots on it. im planning on using a 45/45 crossfire. who would carry 2k shots on the field anyway. FYI thats over 14 pods. u are going to be walking miles throughout the whole game.I would think the lighter the better. especially if your allies. its not like u cant refill on paint and air. why carry it on the field.

Last edited by scenarioballer121 : 02-09-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:46 PM #7
Lordastaris

What happens if ur in a sp unit and u and like 3 others get shot but the rest of them dont...do u just have to wlak randomly for miles on end trying to find em?
Old 02-11-2009, 01:08 AM #8
custar

Quote:
Originally Posted by scenarioballer121 View Post
I would think the lighter the better. especially if your allies. its not like u cant refill on paint and air. why carry it on the field.
Generally, you are correct that lighter is better for most players. However, I run in one of the most active units of all (the Geisterjagers), and I carry quite a bit because I can. If you are in a SF unit and running in the 210 or other remote areas where paint and air are not close, it pays to carry all you need with you. Water is the most important commodity followed by air and paint. Some food such as beef jerky or power bars is also important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 913boyd View Post
me and my 10 year old son are going to d-day 2009. we have never done a scenario event
Whichever side you chose, you need to register in a non-special forces unit. The minimum age for all SF units is 15 by the time of the game. This is for the safety of the younger players because the special forces units have more rigorous assignments. Also, it is strongly recommended that first-time players be in a "line" unit to become accustomed to the environment and field. If you want information German units, PM me and I will do all I can to direct you to the best unit for you and your son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordastaris View Post
What happens if ur in a sp unit and u and like 3 others get shot but the rest of them dont...do u just have to wlak randomly for miles on end trying to find em?
Radios and maps. There will be maps made available by each side showing the locations of deadzones throughout the field. Any player can go to any DZ when he/she is out or needs attention, but there are limitations on where the players can insert from. While radios CANNOT be used in the DZ's, they are obviously very useful on the field for locating your unit. Because of the hilly nature of the D-Day field, figure the effective range of the radios to be about 1/4 their rated range. If you only have a 2 mile radio and can't afford to upgrade, remember those radios receive the same as a 20 mile radio.

custar
Sgt Major, OK D-Day German Army

"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
Samuel Adams
Ave Caesar Obama! Tributituri ad moritus te salutant.

Looking for Action Markers Diadem Tanks for sale

Old feedback thread
Old 02-20-2009, 01:43 PM #9
Joshduada

ok
Old 03-04-2009, 12:20 PM #10
SIREDZO

wow great info i was looking to go myself and im a 1st timer and you guys have a LOT of great info here thanks
Old 03-04-2009, 09:03 PM #11
custar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIREDZO View Post
wow great info i was looking to go myself and im a 1st timer and you guys have a LOT of great info here thanks
Try www.AxisCommand.org for even more.

custar

"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
Samuel Adams
Ave Caesar Obama! Tributituri ad moritus te salutant.

Looking for Action Markers Diadem Tanks for sale

Old feedback thread
Old 03-20-2009, 02:11 PM #12
SIREDZO

thanks for the info, i did find a LOT of great stuff there to
Old 03-20-2009, 02:29 PM #13
pembo0630
Mizzou

pembo0630 is playing at Living Legends V
pembo0630 is playing at Living Legends VI
pembo0630 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
pembo0630 is a top reviewer
www.ddayadventurepark.com

The staff has done an amazing job at putting globs of information on the website. Including forums, what to bring, expected costs, what to expect, directions, location, and much much more.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:19 AM #14
Lt.Putman

Question

Ya im planin on goin my self for the 09 d-day and thats a lot of awsome info that wasnt on their site but im planin on bein the allies in the 1 or 4 ID. But i need to no more on the allied missions and stuff is there anybody who can help me out?