PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-24-2009, 08:43 PM #1
splash1
Moving...

In-line Stab. leak

The leak is from the front, or the "air IN" end of the body. NOT the fitting itself but from the threads between the Valve Body and the Tube. This is red locktited in and I need to get it out so I can clean the threads and reseal it. I've tried heating it by putting it in boiling water for a very long time. From the inside of the body I can see there's a slot for a standard screw driver so after heating it I tried my best to unscrew the valve body, to NO avail. To make matters worse I've pretty much ruined the slot for the screw driver. Any suggestions on what I should do now? Another question is are the threads standard right hand threads, or are they left handed? I suppose it would help to know which way to turn it to get it out.

Thanks for any help you can spare.
Jeff

12gm bucket changer
Acryllic tube: ~1" o.d., i.d. paintball sized, 15 balls in length
splash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2009, 12:08 AM #2
sartek
AirSystems HazMonkey

sartek supports our troops
standard right hand thread. unfortunately, you'll probably never get it out. to unscrew the inside nut, use a socket.
sartek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:16 AM #3
splash1
Moving...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sartek View Post
to unscrew the inside nut, use a socket.
I looked into this already. On this one, an InLine, there is no nut. It only has the slot. I didn't think it was going to be that easy. I'll probably have to order a new valve body and a tube too. That's half the cost of a new inline

12gm bucket changer
Old 03-25-2009, 09:50 AM #4
sartek
AirSystems HazMonkey

sartek supports our troops
I forgot the brass nut is only in some of the regs. According to Henkel, to break down red loctite, temperatures have to reach over 325°. There's a product called Kroil that is supposed to work for dissolving loctite as well, but I've been told it takes a good soaking for a few days for it to work.
sartek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:26 PM #5
splash1
Moving...

Thanks for your input. I've decided to just buy a new "tube", that's what I call the body, and a new "valve body", which is the insert that holds the fitting. Also what aided in my decision is the fact that mine just plain looks terrible. I once attempted to remove the anno and polish it, but it didn't go so well.

12gm bucket changer