Community Focus

Old 03-14-2009, 01:44 AM #1
msweeneygt
Sinister Ops

msweeneygt owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
msweeneygt has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
msweeneygt has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
RPM leak

My Odyssey RPM has a slight leak coming from inside the body. I bought it used. The leak doesn't use up a lot of air, its just really annoying. I'm not use to RPMs. Raptors and Ions are what I know. So I don't know hwere to start looking on this gun for the leak. If anyone has any ideas or advice, reply to this thread or shoot me a PM.
msweeneygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:23 PM #2
waarp8nt
Jeep'n Rocks!

Check your cup seal, if its ok then replace the valve body 0-rings. Even if they look good replace them, make sure your gas line is not too far into the body by looking down where the cup seal was removed. If all is clear remove the grip and the screw retaining the valve body, then replace the two 0-rings, lube them up good before you install them otherwise they may get cut on the threads in the body for the gas line. You can get the 0-rings by matching them up at your local hardware store, for example Menards keeps them in the plumbing section. All and all the job would be similar to your Raptor as they are both poppit valve markers.

Click on the link in my Sig. "RPM Info Page" if you need an exploded view of the RPM. Good luck with it!
waarp8nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:05 PM #3
wowomatic
losing faith in humanity

also check the lpc, mine leaked out of there but I fixed it by replacing the o-rings with tank o-rings
Old 03-15-2009, 08:41 PM #4
msweeneygt
Sinister Ops

Thanks, I will take a look. It's not really a problem, just kind of annoying. I'm sure once the battle starts the small sound of a small leak will not even bother me. Also does anyone know where I can pick up either an Evil Omen ASA or a Palmers adapter, not from the manufacturers or maybe here on the Nation. I have checked the Palmers website and I'm waiting on one of the owners to give me the OK on one of their adapters. I would much rather have the Evil ASA due to it having a gauge but if I have to I'll take the Palmers. Does this look like the right part?

http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/cart/i...ducts _id=223
Old 03-15-2009, 09:22 PM #5
waarp8nt
Jeep'n Rocks!

As long as your rpm is new style it should work b/c the threads are 1/8 NPT.
waarp8nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:53 PM #6
benb1
Anti Smart Parts

benb1 donated to help Peyton Trent
benb1 helped look for balloons
benb1 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Check your lp valve, aka the pneumatic part of your noid. Lube it with grease/Dow33. Mine used to leak until I put some grease on it, oil won't cut it.
benb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 01:03 PM #7
rpmuser123 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msweeneygt View Post
Thanks, I will take a look. It's not really a problem, just kind of annoying. I'm sure once the battle starts the small sound of a small leak will not even bother me. Also does anyone know where I can pick up either an Evil Omen ASA or a Palmers adapter, not from the manufacturers or maybe here on the Nation. I have checked the Palmers website and I'm waiting on one of the owners to give me the OK on one of their adapters. I would much rather have the Evil ASA due to it having a gauge but if I have to I'll take the Palmers. Does this look like the right part?

http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/cart/i...ducts _id=223
Yes I have that VA on my RPM:

Shot with FE210,X775 at 2009-01-15

Shot with FE210,X775 at 2009-01-15
rpmuser123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 01:34 PM #8
Bosgarage57

I have the omen adapter and really like it. Check with bosspaintballproducts.com he might have some in stock.
WGP Trillogy Comp, Trilly Comp SF, Synergy
Syndicate Misfit, Piranha R6
Bushmaster/Defiant gen 3, BKO
Zeus G2-Bottomline, hopper adapter, stock.
Bosgarage57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:27 PM #9
msweeneygt
Sinister Ops

I contacted Ross Jones at Evil Paintball and he is going to look around his stock to see if he has any left. If all else fails I will get the Palmers adapter, and if everything fails and goes to SH@# I will get the Spyder adapter off Ebay.

Last edited by msweeneygt : 03-17-2009 at 03:37 PM.