Old 01-02-2009, 05:56 PM #22
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by |SO| View Post
I don't get it the Tippmann 98 custom is better then this!
In what way ? Please, if making a generalized statement, please elaborate on why "you" think a Tippmann anything is better then the SP-1.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-04-2009, 12:04 PM #23
Winters921

i read this post twice and this is what happen to my gun. i was told change the batteries and i did so i was told do this and that did it all. The money i spent was pointless for a manufactured problem. My gun clicks but doesn't shoot. Basically i bought this gun played with it for two games it broke i spent money to get it fixed and it still doesn't work so i am trying to get some of my money back in parting the whole thing out. Thanks for the useful post.

and dont make fun or call him names becuase he doest speak English.

04 prostock pump

"my gun ramps in 17 different languages at a trillion balls per second"
Winters921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:40 PM #24
robertseakykr

This guy knows his stuff, he's a genius with the Ion.
robertseakykr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 03:00 PM #25
Noltez
Ψ

Is there something stopping you from getting warranty on the gun? I mean, if mine broke after 2 games I'd simply return it to the shop I bought it from. If it broke after warranty, well I guess I'm SOL but that's life.

SP doesn't manufacture their own solenoids (AFAIK), but it is their reputation they're staking on these parts. As such, I feel SP is responsible to ensure the quality of the components they're using. I understand there's a price point to match so they can't use hand-assembled, blueprinted components throughout... but a solenoid going dead after 2 days? That's ****ty.

So the question is: How much is Smart Parts willing to do to satisfy the buyers of their least expensive markers?? Are replacement boards (stock) available @ a reasonable price? Or are you 'stuck' buying the new BlackHeart board (which, BTW... has eyes )>

....▪Young Players "Making Money" FAQ
....▪General Shipping Costs Guide & FAQ
Noltez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:28 PM #26
PhileyOFish

PhileyOFish supports Bob Gurnsey
I haven't experienced anything like this yet. My gun did skip a beat a few times but up until now I have been playing with a gravity feed hopper. So I just shook the hopper and it fired again. Now I have a revvy so we'll see.
PhileyOFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:01 AM #27
Spudeclipse

I have used my gun going on two years, with only one problem. One weekend was extremely cold, and it froze up a couple times. The rest of the guys had tippmanns and spyders, and they not only had freeze up problems, but had ball breakage all day long. (keep in mind I have yet to break a ball in over six cases of paint) So I don't care what kind of s**t people want to throw down on SP1s, it is still the best you can buy for that money.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:41 AM #28
vindeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by |SO| View Post
I don't get it the Tippmann 98 custom is better then this!

absolute BS dude the t98 stinks!!!!!!
vindeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:56 AM #29
johnnydanger

my sp1 was like that too, jus beepin n no firing... but wat do u expect from a gun under $200... pretty sure most ppl were goin to upgrade the board any ways, so really there is no problem... sp1 has a great design with rails up da a**, anti chop + eyes 20bps, sounds good to me... if you decide to get a bh board... if you guys arnt happy with it, there are plenty of guns to choose from, stop cryin bout how this one may be bad fo u guys... jus have fun
johnnydanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:52 PM #30
Mike_Eblade2

has been a member for 10 years
Exelente informacion de muy buena ayuda!!! Gracias!!!

INSIGHT OWNERS GROUP
Mike_Eblade2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:35 PM #31
bre3zy
Get out STUPID

bre3zy plays in the PSP
bre3zy supports Cereal Killerz 2
bre3zy is playing at Living Legends III
bre3zy is playing at Living Legends V
bre3zy plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster920 View Post
Thanks for the information.
I saw a SP-1 fire this last weekend with the power button NOT lit.
Make me wonder.
most of smart parts gun when aired up then power button turn off holds one more shot in it
The Reservoir Dogs #23
Generously Supported by
Valken * Quickshot * Gog/Luxe * Guerrilla Air * TechT * Xtreme Dreamz * Fog Doc* Deadlywind * NYC Paintball * CCM
Avalanche D2
Valken |Vanguard Demon | NXE | Stiffi Barrels | Ninja Paintball | Dye | Exalt |GXG | RAZA | Tech PB | OXCC | Sly | Boston Paintball
bre3zy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:41 PM #32
Divemaster920

I understand that they are aired up. But this is an electronic. When the lite is not on, it should not fire.
Divemaster920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:51 PM #33
Six_Shooter
,,,(^_^),,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster920 View Post
I understand that they are aired up. But this is an electronic. When the lite is not on, it should not fire.

Only if it's the stock board from what I understand.

I believe the Black Heart board illuminates the LED when the trigger is pulled. I have seen other boards that also show this.

"Originally posted by gamer565: I can't believe its not butter, cause it sure shoots like it."

"Originally posted by lucasicool: im more excited than rebecca black on a thursday night!!!!"
Six_Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:22 AM #34
dirk.baumann
Farbgruppe Mitte

dirk.baumann owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Sean (from SmartParts) can you please comment on this?
dirk.baumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:26 PM #35
Reaper (ACI)
We're Weird

Reaper (ACI) works for a Paintball manufacturer
Reaper (ACI) donated to help Peyton Trent
Reaper (ACI) is for the Gunfight
Reaper (ACI) is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudeclipse View Post
I have used my gun going on two years, with only one problem. One weekend was extremely cold, and it froze up a couple times. The rest of the guys had tippmanns and spyders, and they not only had freeze up problems, but had ball breakage all day long. (keep in mind I have yet to break a ball in over six cases of paint) So I don't care what kind of s**t people want to throw down on SP1s, it is still the best you can buy for that money.
Two years and you've only gone through six cases? I do that in a weekend.
This is beside the point though, I'm just poking fun with you.

My point is, has anybody who has had this issue bring it up to SP? If you have not, then you have not done your due diligence, and should not jump to bad mouthing SP. If you have, then perhaps it should be reiterated and explored to see if this is the problem, or if there is something else that is causing this problem. I will bring this to SP and suggest they look at it to see if they agree or not. I will also say that just because the SP-1, Vibe, etc. are low price point markers does not mean they are cheap or poorly manufactured. The machines that make these markers are the same machines that make Shockers. The reason these markers have a lower price point is because there are so many overlapping parts from marker to marker instead of manufacturing new parts for every new design. On top of that, these are the lower price point markers, and sell more quantities than the higher price markers, and in turn, they show faster return on investment for the company which allows their price to lower more rapidly than higher priced markers.

Oh, and Viva la Raza
www.deadboxsports.com

I have LEGO Paintballer Mini Figs
Reaper (ACI) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 03:05 PM #36
prettylou
Por favor nene!

prettylou donated to help Peyton Trent
prettylou is playing at Living Legends III
prettylou is playing at Living Legends V
prettylou supports DLX Technology
Well said Reaper!!!
Old 02-11-2009, 02:34 PM #37
dirk.baumann
Farbgruppe Mitte

dirk.baumann owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Hmm what is stopping Smart Parts from commenting in this thread? No SP-1 for our scenario team until they do
dirk.baumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:48 PM #38
Gado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk.baumann View Post
Hmm what is stopping Smart Parts from commenting in this thread? No SP-1 for our scenario team until they do
what about the 2 posts above yours?
Gado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:45 PM #39
apokalipsis

buen aporte y gracias por la informacion
apokalipsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:59 PM #40
titoramalho
Audaces fortuna iuvat

Well, I don't think its soooo unappropriated to post in spanish. There are several people here who speak spanish though I agree that must not become rule otherwise in a few time some will be willing to post here in chinese, german, french, russian ... that would be a mess, a true paintball's tower of babel. Lets keep that way. As brazilian I totally respect spanish but lets keep it in english.

But about what el vengador said... is that so? I mean.. inserting glue in the solenoid will fix the battery issue?
titoramalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:54 AM #41
mesa50

But about what el vengador said... is that so? I mean.. inserting glue in the solenoid will fix the battery issue?[/quote]

IMHO, the glue doesn't make a difference. Looking at the solenoid, I see where el vengador is coming from, but there is a holddown in the mating piece that prevents what he is talking about. The holddown presses on the soldered pins, preventing the part from moving when everything is screwed together and tight. Hard to explain without alot of closeup pictures... Sorry...

One real possibility, and I tried this on my SP1, is that "armadura" as el vengador called it, was flipped over when he did all this work. On my SP1, it seemed the battery life got longer when I flipped this over and did nothing else. I don't think this will work on all SP1. But if you're having real battery troubles, and are mechanically inclined, give it a try...
mesa50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:05 PM #42
Calculon The Great

I looked into both my stock board solenoid and my Blackheat board solenoid and there was virtually no play or looseness in the areas circled in yellow ... if I understand correctly, I can read Spanish but up to a point. Then again, I never had any real issues with my 'noid.
Calculon The Great is offline   Reply With Quote