Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-16-2009, 10:46 AM #1
xDyne

Bt-4 bolt does not hold??

I just got the Egrip for the BT-4. When I start shooting fast with it the bolt does not hold. I have to recock it to shoot again.It only does this when I shoot fast. Could the swear be placed to low or worn hammer? The gun has seen alot of play time. Gun use to be a rental.
xDyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-16-2009, 02:59 PM #2
DPleskin
the baby eater

It's your ASA. Remove the ASA and dremel or drill the hole out a bit bigger. The issue is caused because the intake in the ASA is too small and it chokes the gasses so they don't have time to expand properly. When this happens your gun doesn't have enough blowback pressure to fully re-cock.

funny story bout this. When I first got my e-grip the sear was WAY too high so it wouldn't disengage the bolt properly and I had to push on the cocking handle to make it fire. On the reverse end I still hadn't fixed my ASA so I had to pull on it to cock it like you do. I was having a 1v1 with a creek bed with a resevoir on one side. I climbed up around the wall and flanked him so I was standing right about his head about 40 feet up a concrete wall. It's our creek and we're dicks to each other when it's funny so I go to unleash full auto hell on my unsuspecting friend just to hear a disheartening click as my sear doesn't disengage. So I push the hammer and it lets fly one shot before refusing to re-engage the hammer. After the first shot he paniced and ran for cover behind a bush, dropping his gun in the process. Because of height, distance and bush cover thise went on for about 20 shots before I finally got a break on him. Pushing AND pulling on the hammer with every shot I tore part of one of my fingernails off. I fixed all the problems and now she's been my main guns for years.

moral of the story: fix your ASA
People think I'm into sports because I'm a man. But I'm not into sports. I like Gatorade, but that's about as far as it goes. By the way, you don't have to be sweaty and play basketball to enjoy Gatorade. You can just be a thirsty dude. Gatorade forgets about this demographic!
DPleskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:09 PM #3
RogueShooter

Easiest way to make sure its the ASA problem, is to remove the stainless steel air line and ASA from the gun, screw a remote nipple into the powertube where the stainless line went, and use a remote and see if it works that way. Of course if you don't have a remote and run tank on gun then I guess your only option is to drill out the hole in the ASA. If you go to the BT Warrior forums there is a how-to on with pics to make it more clear.
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote