Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-02-2009, 07:06 PM #1
GothicVash

my air cannon

so i forgot to take pictures whail i was building it today but i figured id post up a how to on my air cannon take tho it is not compleat yet i still have to do the electronics box i will take pictures of that whenever i get some solder

this is the compleat product minus elec box and remot hose

i used 2"pvc scd 40 pipe that is pressur rated for the barrel i then put it to a coupler and used a 2" to 1" reducer (the 1" is threaded)

hear i used a 1" nipple between the barrel and sprinkler valve so i can change barrels out later if i decide to change it ever

this is the sprinkler valve i am useing it is 18volt and solenoid driven it has a 1" nipple on eaither end

hear we have a 1" nipple going to a 1"t fitting with 1" to 1/2" reducer and then 1/2" to 1/4" reducer with a 1/4" nipple in the end of it

ok her is the end of the metal piece the 1/4" nipple goes to a 1/4" t fitting and on top i put my guage so it would look kind of like a sight and i would easily be able to moniter the pressures in my cannon. on the bottom i put a 75lb pop off valve so i can not over presurize the cylinder i am not shure if i will need more then 75lbs of pressur but i figured it was a good starting point and a verry good saftey feature on top of the regulator.

Last edited by GothicVash : 03-02-2009 at 07:09 PM.
GothicVash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2009, 07:07 PM #2
GothicVash

this is another 2" to 1" (threaded) reducer that i then put to a 3"to2" reducer backwards for my airchamber again a 1" nipple is used between the 2

this is a standard macro fitting in my pressure tank i used a 3/8" bit to drill a hole in it and self taped it into the pvc (pressure tank is scd 40 pressur rated pvc)

hear we have one of the duckbill asa's i used to mount my asa system to the cannon i used a 11/64" bit and drilled it into the coupler/reducer so that the pipe would seal underneath it leaveing no weakspots or spots prone to leaking

hear we have my other duckbill asa with the regulator befor the air goes to the pressur tank so i can regulate how much pressur i am holding and my fps from their

this shows the whole asa system i have rigged up to my cannon

(elec will be added later when i do that and figure out how to mount the box to my cannon)
Old 03-02-2009, 07:07 PM #3
GothicVash

reserved for elec
Old 03-02-2009, 07:08 PM #4
GothicVash

reserved if needed (probably for painting)
Old 03-02-2009, 07:09 PM #5
GothicVash

disclamer.
i will not be held responsible if you decide to build one of these yourself.

i will sugest that you use pressure rated pvc, a regulator system and a pop off valve rated below what the pvc's max rateing is, for saftey on any aircannon. as i would hate to see you blow yourself up trying to make one yourself. saftey was my first concern. those are not things i would sacrifice to have a little bit of fun. i value my life and those around me. with that said go out have some fun be safe about it and let me know what you think of my little project so far.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:56 PM #6
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

stevebski supports Bob Gurnsey
stevebski supports our troops
Nice job, the only thing I would do different is I wouldn't drill into the wall on my pressure reservoir for the macro. That is now the weakest spot on that pressure vessel. But other than that, it looks awesome. I'm going along the same lines here with the barrel idea being threaded. I plan on making my resevoir more of a shoulder stock and I'm not using 12 grams or HPA to charge it, just a regular bike pump that puts out no more than 100 psi. the rear of the reservoir will have my cross with relief valve, schrader valve and guage.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:24 PM #7
GothicVash

surprizeingly that drilling it seams fine i tryed it out on a test piece and their is no way i could get the fitting out of it by pulling it or bashing it or well anything (i used a diffrent fitting for this of course but same thing) i know its weaker but for 75lbs max (pop off valve is at 75) i am not worryed about it if i was doing it over that tho i would have done the same thing as with the t fittings for the guage and pop off.
yours looks like a good atart i am probably going to mount the elec box to the pressur vessle the same way you mounted your air trigger
Old 03-03-2009, 12:41 AM #8
xFJx
TaliS PLR

ive posted this various places around here, but since you have the interest. This is one i made a few years back and before i gave it its camo paint job. All the safeties in place: pop-off, gauge, palmer reg. Since then I have strayed from PVC and gone to steel piping. Far more safe.

The second pic is a magazine fed artillery piece that I have finished and operational, but it has yet to find a home on some cannon style wheels or in our tank.

Problem with both of these is the small fittings on the solenoid valves. 1" works, but isnt enough in my books.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:04 PM #9
thehebrewhammer137
Aint so funny meow is it?

gothic, what pressure are you running through that cannon? i ask because it looks like you made your chamber a little big for your barrel length ( I did the same thing on my laucher) and because of it, it eats up air like no other

and xfjx, on your magazine fed, are you just maunally moving the barrel to open and close the breach? my new cannon looks almost exaclty like yours, but its automated

Advanced Tactical Systems (ATS) guns...you've never hear of them, but they're where its at.

-No, You're talking to my guy all wrong. Its the wrong tone. You do it again, and il stab you in the face with a soldering iron.
GSK #96
thehebrewhammer137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 10:17 PM #10
GothicVash

50 psi i get about 10 shots off a 68/45 i tested it but havent uploaded the new pics as i had to make an emergency trip to moms house in ct
Old 03-15-2009, 11:50 AM #11
xFJx
TaliS PLR

Yeah its just a manual load..basically just a grav feed into the breach then slide the barrel back and lock it. Automation would have added a bit too much to an already big gun, but would have been great none the less.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:55 AM #12
Rob66
youtube.com/shootinstuff

Rob66 posts videos on PbNation
Rob66 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Rob66 is Legendary
Rob66 supports Empire
nice, simalier to mine
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3030499
Rob66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:32 PM #13
thehebrewhammer137
Aint so funny meow is it?

alright, well when im done il post some pics of my newest project, it functions much like yours, but has 5 pneumatic cylinders running the system wired up to an electronic controller. It even throws the ejected casing 20+ feet (may need to adjust for saftey reasons)

Advanced Tactical Systems (ATS) guns...you've never hear of them, but they're where its at.

-No, You're talking to my guy all wrong. Its the wrong tone. You do it again, and il stab you in the face with a soldering iron.
GSK #96
thehebrewhammer137 is offline   Reply With Quote