Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-26-2009, 04:13 PM #1
da_McJuggernaut

LAW Rocket Launcher c02 help!

ok me and my friends found the plans to build a LAW at http://www.houndsofhellpaintball.com/articles1.html

it's pretty bad *** but i dont really wanna use new 12 grams for every freakin shot i take. so is there a way i could put like a 20 oz. tank on there? i know how but i dont know if it would work or shoot all the gas out in one shot or just blow up.

and if so how many shot do you think i could get from one 20 oz tank?

thanks.
da_McJuggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2009, 06:43 PM #2
XSiv Force
oh sweet molasses!!

XSiv Force owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
alright i built it and have subsequently modded it......take your 20 oz. connect a remote to it connect the quick disconect end to the area where the quick change is....add a cheap guage so you can tell the psicharge to that psi turn off the co2 and wa-la
Old 03-14-2009, 08:12 PM #3
thehebrewhammer137
Aint so funny meow is it?

sure, add another ball valve where your supposed to put to 12 adapter, then add an asa adapter for the tank.
1st close both valves, then open the one next to the tank, then close it, the weapon is now charged. To fire open the 2nd valve.

Advanced Tactical Systems (ATS) guns...you've never hear of them, but they're where its at.

-No, You're talking to my guy all wrong. Its the wrong tone. You do it again, and il stab you in the face with a soldering iron.
GSK #96
thehebrewhammer137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:43 PM #4
SCM killa

SCM killa supports our troops
SCM killa is reppin' sidebar 4 life
SCM killa has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SCM killa has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehebrewhammer137 View Post
sure, add another ball valve where your supposed to put to 12 adapter, then add an asa adapter for the tank.
1st close both valves, then open the one next to the tank, then close it, the weapon is now charged. To fire open the 2nd valve.

i thought about doing the same thing, but the ball valve is only rated for 600 psi. i could be mistaken, but isnt the output pressure of a tank like 850 psi or something? so wont the first valve blow?
SCM killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:22 AM #5
dozer899

put an inline reg on the tank & use that to drop your pressure to 250-300 or lower if you desire. should only add a couple inches to the tank setup, & your good to go.
dozer899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:03 PM #6
Noltez
Ψ

CO2 pressure is dependant on the surrounding temperature, but to be safe Dozer is right- just add a regulator.

....▪Young Players "Making Money" FAQ
....▪General Shipping Costs Guide & FAQ
Noltez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:06 PM #7
Boom Master
Scenario Player

If it isn't regulated, I doubt the field would let you use it. Too easy to flub up in the heat of battle and over charge it. Booom! It will also fill faster than a pressure relief valve can vent but it would still be a good idea because when it start farting away, you KNOW you are overpressurizing it and have a couple of seconds to turn it off or throw it as far away from you and everyone else as possible.

If you fire more than three shots in quick succesion, you will note you have no pressure for the 4th shot. Your bottle will be sub zero temp and the liquid CO2 will LITERALLY turn into dry ice. Wait an hour and you can have another 3 shots. About 9 shots for a 20 oz Bottle.

Your first upgrade will be HPA tank....
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:54 AM #8
jvtech
HazMat from Black List

Once you start using a non-12 gram LAW the fields will require additional safety for it. Safety Pop-Off valve, Pressure Gauge, and a way to regulate the pressure. They will also require that you chrono it (Reason for a regulator). Also once you start using a regulator you'll want to use HPA instead of CO2. CO2 will freeze and wear out the o-ring faster.

Also if you keep the Ball Valve you'll be wasting air until you close.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:10 AM #9
Boom Master
Scenario Player

The other MAJOR advantage of using a pressure regulator is that it AUTO-Recharges. That means it is filling up your air chamber BEFORE you get the next nerf out of your pocket and loaded in the chamber.

It will cut your reload time by 2/3. Should be able to get an aimed shot off every 5-6 seconds if you practice reloading...
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote