PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-10-2009, 11:40 AM #1
renegadeninja
Rise With The Fallen

Exclamation tank guns

hey
i am in the procces of designing a tank and my friends and i have come to a dead end when it comes 2 guns, CO2 bottles, and loaders. our tank has room for 3 guns. (a main gun, a secondary gun, and a gun for the driver)

plese help
Advertisement
Old 03-10-2009, 12:38 PM #2
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

stevebski supports Bob Gurnsey
stevebski supports our troops
Paintball Markers? Are you mounting these to the tank or did you plan on using your personal markers? I am currently looking at a donor vehicle that can handle the air system I have designed. I have a sponsorship lined up with a company that supplies filled cylinders for the fire department cascades in my area. I'm going to get three 5K cascade cylinders that are going to be mounted underneath the crew compartment on the rear of the vehicle and run parallel to three locations in the crew compartment. Each location is going to have it's own HP cylinder reg mounted and a coiled remote connected. That way, the player in that position brings their own marker and hopper, hooks up to the remote and has pretty much unlimited air. Prior to each event, I'll have the cylinders swapped out for full ones as part of the sponsorship. Just waiting on the lazy ***** on my team to fork out the money for the pick up we have lined up as a donor vehicle.

So enough babbling about my plans, if you're going to mount guns to the vehicle and they are staying on the tank, go as cheap as you can. Pick up the $50 spyder clones at walmart and put a revy on them. CO2 will last longer than HPA in those guns but at rapid fire, you'll have issues with freezing up. I'd run remote with some expansion chambers from a 20 oz. If you have the cover of a tank, you won't need gazillion bps, just the ability to throw paint. The better way is to just use what markers the players in the tank own. It leaves the maintenance responsibilities up to the gun owners, not the tank owners.

Last edited by stevebski : 03-10-2009 at 12:44 PM.
stevebski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:46 PM #3
BennyT
Oderint dum metuant

renegade, my local team, MSB, currently has at least 5 people working on 5 different tanks. If you want to swap ideas I would head over to our forum (see my sig), introduce yourself and ask around. Everyone went tank-crazy over there, but theyre really friendly and I am sure they'll help you out.

OR head over to the High Energy Forums... and look up EGOED (he is on these forums too). He is a tank Guru and would be able to help you with just about any question you might have. he's built them out of 4 wheelers and 6x6s and they are sweet and heavily armed.
West Point MVT 08|Paras Pelaaja, Finland 08|HN Red Dawn MVP 09|West Point MVP 09| MasterBlaster & Assault Ribbon, Kilsbergsbataljen #8|Viper Extravaganza EMR 10, MOFO

SPbTV.AC Uppsala.Wizeguy

Proud and northernmost member of the 518
BennyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:21 PM #4
EGOed

Thanks for the props Benny......

Renegadenija , here are some pics of the ATV tanks I made for my field , and a few of the pics show how I mount fixed machineguns using simple wire cable strung across 2 uprights on the frame of the body....This allows the guns to pivet in holes cut into the netting....The Main cannon is mounted to a swivel wheel castor and also pivets in any direction for easy targeting....Very cheap and simple way to mount guns when space is limited in smaller tanks....Here is the link to the pics and if you have any questions feel free to send me a PM and I will be glad to help if I can
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2900605&page=2
Old 03-14-2009, 08:54 PM #5
thehebrewhammer137
Aint so funny meow is it?

so are you looking to build a main gun and need help?

Advanced Tactical Systems (ATS) guns...you've never hear of them, but they're where its at.

-No, You're talking to my guy all wrong. Its the wrong tone. You do it again, and il stab you in the face with a soldering iron.
GSK #96
thehebrewhammer137 is offline   Reply With Quote