PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-29-2008, 02:42 AM #22
TrippinBawls
^Best Photo EVER^

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan310 View Post
id still say have a professional do it and not your self...
you think people that work at paintball shops are prfesionals lol?

and whats a tank spacer??
TrippinBawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-29-2008, 03:19 AM #23
Mespllingesnogud

Either a rubber gasket or an O-ring that fits inside your ASA. It lets you adjust the rotation of your tank.

The truth is, if you have to ask how to anti siphon a tank, you shouldn't be doing it. Doing it wrong can, and has, killed people.
Mespllingesnogud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:14 AM #24
aan310

aan310 is an NCPA player
aan310 plays in the APPA D4 division
aan310 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippinBawls View Post
you think people that work at paintball shops are prfesionals lol?

and whats a tank spacer??
well, assuming your local shop has an airsmith, which most shops do.
or atleast they have anti siphoned a tank before..
aan310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:26 AM #25
joe.hufc
the brick s***er

just a question who heere has acutaly anti siphon there own tank?
joe.hufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:28 AM #26
Mespllingesnogud

I know how, and I still let my shop do it. I just don't want to be responsible for anything with 1800+ PSI behind it. For the 7$ they charged me, I'll sleep better at night.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:17 PM #27
TrippinBawls
^Best Photo EVER^

Quote:
Originally Posted by some dude on another forum View Post
OH NO! Don't ever try to do something yourself!!! YOU'LL DIEZZOORZZ.

I'll ask it again. Where do you think paintball came from? It certainly wasn't from a group of highly trained, professional airsmith-pneumatic-electric-mechanical-hydrostatic-genius-certified energy beings from the planet Yermomlak. It was people, just people. They wanted to do stuff, they tried stuff, and it worked.

Yes, if you're 12 or 13 and have never done anything remotely mechanically related in your life, you should take stuff like this to an airsmith. But, speaking as someone that's worked on all sorts of things, from cars to hydraulic systems, from building computers to building houses, I can state that as long as you're reasonably careful, and have the right mindset, YOU TOO can save a trip to the proshop and fix it yourself.

If you're more comfortable taking it to someone, then by all means. If, however, you prefer the do-it-yourself thing, well, you know.

I understand the shock that the recent deaths and injuries has caused, don't get me wrong. However, you shouldn't live in fear for the rest of your lives just because 2 or 3 out of THOUSANDS of tanks decided to go haywire..
I think me and my father can manage

and i actually feel safer doing it myself knowing that it was done rite

and where could i buy the spacer things only paintball related shops rite??
Old 08-29-2008, 01:31 PM #28
s4l
^.In God I Trust.^

s4l donated to help Peyton Trent
s4l helped look for balloons
s4l owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
s4l supports our troops
What if you do it wrong?

A spacer is an oring..hardware store.
Dynasty Fan #419

US Army
s4l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 01:42 PM #29
Sheemo44

i used to work as an airsmith and trust me, there were a lot of people who would bring in tanks that they tried to anti-siphon and did it wrong. almost all of them had to get a new tank because the job they did was crappy. just save yourself the trouble and bring it into the shop because you really dont want to be behind 1000 psi of anything
Sheemo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 02:11 PM #30
Sean@smartpartswest
Living Legends May 18-20!

has been a member for 10 years
Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends III
Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends V
Please take it to someone to do. A field close to where I lived had an issue with some kid installed his own anti-siphon, he did not do it right and the bottle launched off killing a mom. This was about 5 years ago.

smart.corps.sean@gmail.com

www.cpxsports.com
www.livinglegendsofpaintball.com
Sean@smartpartswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 02:13 PM #31
TrippinBawls
^Best Photo EVER^

k fine i woint do it

but about the spacers how will i know what size spacer to use and when the tank is screwed in the rite amout the so that the anti siphon is pointing up??
Old 08-30-2008, 11:28 AM #32
Mespllingesnogud

Your tank should be marked. A tank O ring or any rubber gasket that fits should do the trick.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:31 PM #33
TrippinBawls
^Best Photo EVER^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mespllingesnogud View Post
Your tank should be marked. A tank O ring or any rubber gasket that fits should do the trick.
alrite there was a sharpee line on the co2 tank and a little star so i take it when thats pointing up the so is the anti siphon so i tryed a couple things to use as spacers till i got one that fite rite and made the anti siphon point up
went to try it out and it seemed to work quite abit better but my tank was low so there wasnt much liquid to suck in anyway

still it didnt seem to be venting properly does it vent rite after every shot?? cus every time i shoot theres a tiny hiss after other then that i was litsening for venting but rarely heard any

and when it would freeze i would wait and litsen for a vent and it wouldnt vent id just have to wait like 30-40 seconds to get another couple of shots then it would freeze again

with the anti siphon setup rite it doesnt freeze much but when it does getting like 2 shots every 30 seconds isnt very good, any ideas on what the reason its not venting properly?? or maybe it is working properly i just had higher expectations
Old 08-30-2008, 09:27 PM #34
Mespllingesnogud

What is your velocity set at? There should be no freezing with an anti-siphon tank, liquid cannot enter the gun. Are you shooting sideways?

I cannot hear my gun when it vents either, but I do not know if that is normal.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:33 PM #35
Sheemo44

did u take ur wedge off?
Sheemo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:44 PM #36
TrippinBawls
^Best Photo EVER^

yes i took the wedge out velocity is around 290-300 and i often tilt like halfway to sideways to have less sticking out that can be shot and when i do that thats when some liquid gets in especially with a fresh co2 tank
Old 08-30-2008, 09:53 PM #37
Mespllingesnogud

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippinBawls View Post
yes i took the wedge out velocity is around 290-300 and i often tilt like halfway to sideways to have less sticking out that can be shot and when i do that thats when some liquid gets in especially with a fresh co2 tank
Tilting your tanks fully sideways or close to it will do that. Are you shooting uphill as well? Try turning your velocity down just a bit so that it's closer to 280.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:12 AM #38
TrippinBawls
^Best Photo EVER^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mespllingesnogud View Post
Tilting your tanks fully sideways or close to it will do that. Are you shooting uphill as well? Try turning your velocity down just a bit so that it's closer to 280.
no not up hill but if im accross the field i have to arc my shots so i am pointing the gun up some what and ill turn my velocity down abit thanks for the help
Old 08-31-2008, 02:19 AM #39
only4theweak187

1. NEW BATTERY. yes, 1000 shots is ****ing not fresh.

2. Try a different tank
Old 02-24-2009, 09:28 PM #40
SpVibeOwner

hey about ur anti siphone if still not operating

there is supposively a mark on the anti siphon tank and the mark is supposed to be on the top part of tank when holding ur gun normally

screw tank on fully then turn it back till the mark/notch (not sure wut itll look like) lines up laying on the top part if that makes any sense whatsoever
SpVibeOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:30 PM #41
SpVibeOwner

also if ur gonna continue with co2 get a remote and loose the anti siphon
if ur tank is vertical and the siphon insert isnt in the liquid part of the co2 it will actually suck the liquid into your vibe remote coil is best option when using co2
SpVibeOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:06 AM #42
THUMP3R420
THUMP3R

Unless you have no possible way of getting HPA to a playing area, you need to dump the CO2. You need to know that the boiling temp for CO2 is around -50 degrees. As you shoot, it loses temp, you lose pressure, you freeze up. Even though these regs are made to handle the CO2, it really only works good in a marker like a Tippmann/BT. Your tank is sideways, get a remote. These markers are monsters(Tippmann/BT) and can shoot on anything. Hell if you have too, go get a scuba tank and fill station, if you're near a scuba store. If you have no choice but to shoot CO2, well then I suggest you get outta Smart Parts and the like and get a Tippmann or BT.
THUMP3R420 is offline   Reply With Quote