Originally Posted by skpride
well i play most of the local tourneys and it costs 500-1000 dollars so then add airfare
That sounds really expensive for a local event.
I drove to my first couple NPPL events, so I saved money on gas. Your team should buy paint as a group, so you should have an estimate on that beforehand.
The easiest way to do the math is to add up the expenses.
- Travel (preferably drive with other people in the car)
- Additional Travel (if you fly, you'll also need a rental car)
- Hotel (share rooms - 4 players can comfortably spend a couple days in a room)
- Paint (group paint should give you an idea before you go)
- Entry (taking more than the minimum number of players makes the entry less when divided)
- ID Card/Air (some events have extra expenses)
- Food (the team should eat some meals together)
- Normal playing expenses (batteries, working equipment)
- Entertainment (some teams like to do things together while out of town)
If that gets to be more than $1000, then you can probably shave expenses somewhere.